- Posted on 04/21/2010 by Lisa"
What makes a great party? It depends who you ask.
If you asked Jackie from That '70s Show, she'd probably describe a small, classy dinner party, like the one she tries to throw in ""Burning Down the House."" If you asked Kelso, he'd probably talk about an out-of-control house party that's packed with people.
Now I'm asking you.
1. When you're hosting a party, what's your ideal number of guests?
2. What's your all-time favorite party song?
3. What's on your snack table (or dinner table, if that's your style)?
4. What's the perfect party location?
5. Best night of the week for a party?
6. How do you want your guests to dress?
7. Would you decorate? (If yes, how?)
8. Dancing: Yay or nay?
9. Video games: Party fun or party foul?
10. While you're thinking about your ultimate party, what would you call it? Give it a name.
- Posted on 04/20/2010 by Mary
Tell us all about it... how cute their hair was; how you started eating ketchup and mustard on your hot dogs because that's how they ate theirs; how you wrote their name 100 times on one page in your notebook. We won't tell them.
(I ask because I just saw the "First Crush" episode of Drake and Josh.)
Mine... well he was in my ballet class and we got paired up for the pas de deux at the recital, and he was like the only boy I knew because I went to all-girls' school and of course he was the only boy at ballet. And one time in 5th grade he kissed me on the lips but just a peck, outside the Howard Johnson's.
And I just looked him up and saw that now he's a real estate agent. Yes, I facebook stalked my 5th grade crush for you; I hope you're happy.
- Posted on 04/19/2010 by The-Earth
Hey guys, remember me? It's the Earth! Want to help me celebrate another Earth Day on Thursday? I really hope you do because I could definitely use the help.
Speaking of help, have you guys seen how busy Megan Kilroy has been since she won a TeenNick HALO Award for all her work on my behalf last year? That girl is going to the next level -- now she's educating the next generation about keeping my oceans from becoming "plastic soup." And she's helping to build a solar-powered plug-in VW Beetle, too! I'm so, so lucky to count Megan as one of my friends.
I looked up some of the Earth Day resolutions you guys made last year... I know it's probably too much to hope for a couple billion Megan Kilroys walking around on me, but a couple billion tangledxups, xxViixens, and DianaxGs seems within reach!
"My resolution is to stop buying about 2 plastic water bottles a day at school and get a reusable one that I can fill up at drinking fountains when I'm thirsty. Because it's costing me/my mom way more money than necessary and even though I recycle the empty bottles, spending 5 dollars on a good, recycled materials, reusable one is way smarter. " - tangledxup
"i will start riding my bike to the store, to see friends, and sometimes to work. I know i can do it." - xxViixen
"I'll turn the tv off if I'm not using it, and turn my light off when i leave the room." - DianaxG
Thanks for all your help, guys. It means the world to me. :)
- Posted on 04/18/2010 by Mary
This week's advice-seeker says:
"i fell for this guy, and he ended up moving. his best friend was my best friend. my best friend was there for me when i was going through all of it and we started dating. now we've been dating for ten months and i love him. BUT, the guy i fell for still sends me texts telling me how much it sucks that we can't be together and we talk about it all the time. i found out he's moving back, and even though i love my boyfriend, i never got to be with the guy that i fell for and i still feel for him so much. i don't know what to do. help."
And Miriam McDonald (Emma on Degrassi) says...
"Two guys, one girl... Uh oh!
You're certainly not alone -- I think at some point almost everyone has felt a little conflicted when it comes to this kind of stuff. But here's my completely un-expert opinion ;)
You say you have a boyfriend who you love. It sounds as if your relationship with your current boyfriend has been great, so please don't let the fact that this other guy is moving back to mess up what you have!
The mystery of what it could be like with guy #2 is intriguing I'm sure, but love triangles are dangerous. If you keep up the text messaging, etc. with guy #2, it's only going to make it harder for you, so I think you should cut that off! Someone is bound to get hurt unless you are clear with both guys on where you stand.
If you focus too much on what could be, you may lose sight of what you have! I think the best thing for you to do is focus on how great your boyfriend has been for the past 10 months and try and put this other guy out of your mind for the moment... as hard as it may be!
I hope this is helpful!
All the best,
PS: If you have an advice question you want answered in the blog, let me know. We might pick your question to send to a Degrassi star!
- Posted on 04/17/2010 by Mary
Besides the fact that Landon Liboiron is the one wearing it, I feel like Declan's wardrobe deserves a hotness shout-out of its own. Last night's green sweater was great, but I will never ever forget this outfit from Love Games...
The silver tie, loosely knotted around a clean but not too crispy white shirt. The green and grey striped hoodie that brings out his eyes, plus looks like it smells really good.
Do any boys you know dress like Declan from Degrassi? Are you going to marry them?
- Posted on 04/16/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW... but if you saw the latest Degrassi episode, let's dish.
1) It just occurred to me: Jenna's only real friends were Alli and Clare who basically hate her now; and K.C. barely has friends either. They are marooned on relationship island, and is it me or is it already tense on like, day 2? What' s going to happen with them?
2) Fiona has issues. What was with that licking the coffee cup?
3) Though, I did go "Aww" when Declan said "When you're not happy, I'm not happy." Are you that close to your brother(s) or sister(s)?
4) Alli seems to want Clare to be more mad at K.C. than Clare actually is. She looked like she kinda wanted to be there for him when she realized he was going through such a hard time. Is that just the heartbreak talking, or do you think they can be real friends after what happened?
- Posted on 04/15/2010 by Mary
This week, Landon Liboiron (aka Declan on Degrassi) gives us 5 answers.
What was the first rock show/concert you ever went to, and what was the BEST rock show/concert you ever went to?
The first official concert I went to was Corb Lund. I haven't been to a lot of concerts, so I would have to say Jason Mraz put on the best show I've seen.
What makes you cranky? And what gets you un-cranky?
I get cranky when a fly buzzes around your ear when you try and sleep. No matter how much you swat at the thing it doesn't get the point to leave.
Watching a movie or playing guitar usually soothes me out if I'm in a bad mood.
When you doodle, what do you draw?
I don't know, whatever is in my mind at the time...
What do you think makes a good Degrassi episode?
I think kids going through what kids do makes a good Degrassi episode.
And a user question from equinegal5: How have you changed since joining the show?
I feel that I have. I feel like I'm more confident as an actor because being on a TV series forces you to work harder and be prepared. I also have a group of friends that have made my life different and more exciting. Good question.
(Hey, btw, If you have a question suggestion for a Degrassi star, let me know, k? K!)
- Posted on 04/14/2010 by Mary
I was watching that episode of One on One where Flex's fiancée (aka Breanna's art teacher) tries to amp up her step-mothering skills on Breanna, and can't quite find the right balance between being there for her as a parent-figure, and staying out of the way.
I'm sure a lot of you have dealt with a step-parent who wasn't sure whether they should try to be an enforcer -of-rules, or a "friend", or something in-between.
What kinds of relationships do you guys have with your step-parents? And for those with good ones... was it always good, or did you have to work at it, and how did you work at it?
- Posted on 04/14/2010 by Mary
There's a pretty interesting Degrassi debate going on right now:
"ughh!! I HATE JENNA! shes a sluut!" -icegirl111
"I wouldn't say she's a slut, I'd say she's a homewrecker." - Sner2000
"isnt a homewrecker a slut?" - junior08A
"Uh no. Slut = has multiple partners. Homewrecker = Someone who intentionally ruins peoples relationships. I don't think she's either. Maybe she could be considered a homewrecker, but I think she genuinely liked KC." - ispinnerrr
My personal contribution to the debate is fourfold.
1) While I personally agree with ispinnerrr that the term "slut" is usually used to mean "promiscuous female", and that I can very easily picture a "homewrecker" who is not promiscuous...
2) I'm not sure that "genuinely liking" the boyfriend you steal makes it not a homewrecker situation. What do you guys think?
3) Also, I feel the overwhelming urge to quote Tina Fey in Mean Girls: "You all have got to stop calling each other sluts.... It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts." Especially since people don't tend to call promiscuous guys "sluts", and definitely not with the same venom they reserve for promiscuous girls -- the ol' double standard. Which brings to mind...
4) A question: can guys be "homewreckers", too? Would anyone call a guy who stole someone's bf/gf a "homewrecker"? I've never heard it done, but maybe you have? Or maybe you have another pet term for a guy who steals someone's bf/gf?
- Posted on 04/13/2010 by Mary
I heard there's a new unauthorized biography of Oprah coming out soon, but in all the excerpts I've seen, no one seems to mention the time that on Drake & Josh when Josh ran her over on his birthday. Which seems like it would have been one of the more memorable events of her life, doesn't it?
Anyone else out there big Oprah fans? Have you ever run her over on your birthday?