- Posted on 11/12/2010 by Mary
Can't get a song from tonight's shows out of your head? Here's a list, hope it helps!
- "The Girls Who Play the Boys" by Vanessa Rose
- "Dizzy from the Ride" by Alex Roots -- you can hear samples of both songs over on the Gigantic page
- "If It Means a Lot to You" by A Day to Remember -- you can hear a sample of this song over on the Degrassi page.
- "Hummingbird" by Imaginary Cities
- "Still Believe in Love" by Jacksoul
- "Could It Be You" by Hwood
- Posted on 11/12/2010 by Mary
Check out these clips of Annie "Fiona" Clark on the set of a Degrassi cast photo shoot... talking accessories, acting, and what it's like to feel all eyes on you while you're trying to pose:
- Posted on 11/11/2010 by Lisa
From time to time, we update the Degrassi character quiz, and now's one of those times. Take it now to find out who you'd be if you were a Degrassi character.
Then, tell me if you think the quiz got you right. Which Degrassi character do you think you're the most like (whether it's someone from the quiz or not)?
The quiz says I'm Sav, but I think I'm more like Clare or maybe Emma, with a tiny slice of Holly J, and a splash of Johnny DiMarco (I share his love of literature). What about you?
- Posted on 11/11/2010 by Mary
Check out the first scene of this Friday night's brand new Degrassi... Simpson's finally letting the beleaguered, downtrodden students of DCS have a dance!
- Posted on 11/10/2010 by Chairman Nick Cannon
Hey y'all, Chairman Nick here! We're coming up on year two of my favorite awards show, and I couldn't be prouder. Last year, we flipped the script by getting celebrities to give awards to deserving teens. Our honorees Megan, Darrius, Brryan and Leah inspired us all to do great things with our lives, our abilities, and our voices.
And this year, we're doing it again just as big. If not bigger. Because HALO is more than an awards show... it's a movement.
When I say "a movement," I don't mean people will see the HALO Awards and be like, "If I volunteer, maybe I'll get to meet Justin Timberlake!"
What I mean is... I wanted us all to be reminded of our potential. How much we can do with our time and energy. How powerful our optimism can be. There's power in numbers, and this generation knows it better than any other generation in history. You were raised with the Internet; you were raised with a sense of how interconnected we all are. So it's up to you to light the way for the rest of the world.
You're going to be amazed when you meet this year's four new honorees. I get awestruck every time I think about them, and I grin ear to ear when I think about them getting the recognition and rewards they deserve. And we've got another no-joke lineup of celebrity presenters taking part, too -- I'm so grateful to them. It's gonna be a big night. December 10!
- Chairman Nick
- Posted on 11/09/2010 by Mary
Why did Joey feel like he had to lie to Anna about playing poker? Do you think Maggie was right -- the Moores are too intimidating? Do you think it was because of the reason he needs the money in the first place? Either way... is the trust just not there between those two?
StayTeen.org says trust is at the top of the list of what guys and girls both say is the most important part of a relationship -- and honesty is second. What's at the top of the "healthy relationship" list for you? And... what does that mean for A&J?
I was also kind of blown away when I saw on StayTeen that "almost 1 in 5 teens say they don't know anyone who serves as an example of a healthy relationship." Who are your healthy relationship heroes, and what do you like about their dynamic?
- Posted on 11/08/2010 by Mary
More new Degrassi this week! Just one ep before the fall finale...
Can Adam really keep Fiona's attention?
What did Wesley just say to Connor and Dave?
And... well, place your bets on what's going on with Jenna and Sav...
I have to say, I find this scene more romantic, warm, sweet, and loving than any kiss scene. It's just... it's one of THOSE hugs. One of those hugs when you know you just got really, truly closer to a person, by either really allowing yourself to be emotionally vulnerable to them, or by being there for someone who was vulnerable to you.
Have you ever had one of those hugs?
E-Clare's relationship makes me really, really happy.
SPOILLLLLLLARRRSSS inside so don't click 'til you've watched the ep here it is if you need it.) Everyone who's all watched up... let's talk:
* You know, Drew definitely did not do right by Alli at Vegas night, but... I've got to hand it to him for being a pretty great brother. I remember when he first came on and was giving Riley static, it seemed like he was going to be a certain kind of dude, but I guess we know now that he's definitely more complex than that. What's your take on him?
* When you think about what really had to be going on in Eli's room -- I mean, when someone's a hoarder, it's not just piles of paper and clothes we're talking about, it's like... food wrappers -- could you be as awesome a gf/bf as Clare was to him? I feel like she showed him some seriously mature amounts of unconditional love in this episode, and it warmed my fuzzies. Was anyone out there too grossed out to get over it?
* Wesley is a nice, nice person. Wesley... you are REALLY nice. Do you guys think Dave deserves the niceness Wes showed him tonight? Would you have been Wes-like in those circumstances?
Here's all the song cues I could find from tonight's new episodes...
- "Castling" by The Narrative
- "Break" by Crown City Rockers -- you can hear samples of both songs over on the Gigantic page
- "Tonight I Love You" by The Latency -- you can hear a sample of this song over on the Degrassi page.
- "Daydreaming" by Nat Jay
- "Done for the Day" by Ryan Wotherspoon