Blog | TeenNick Top 10
- Posted on 12/15/2009 by Mary
One of the What I Like About You eps tonight is the one where Henry gets his wisdom teeth out and freaks on Holly for not being there when he wakes up from the anesthesia as promised.
Dude, anesthesia is so weird... have you ever been under it for surgery? What was it like, and how freaked out were you about the whole ordeal?
- Posted on 12/09/2009 by Lisa
Way back before he starred in Gossip Girl and John Tucker Must Die, Penn Badgley guest-starred in an episode of What I Like About You. He played Holly's coworker at Copy That.
And way back before she played Pam on The Office, Jenna Fischer guest-starred in the very same episode. She played Val's coworker at the public relations firm.
Wanna see Penn and Jenna (If they dated, they'd be Penna!) before they were household names? Watch the episode called "Copy That."
- Posted on 12/05/2009 by Mary
The eps of That '70s Show where Kelso is an idiot and loses Jackie made me wonder,
What is the "best" way to find out your bf/gf is cheating:
a) Catching them -- so there's no confusion about what the truth is.
b) Hearing about it from a friend -- so that cheating scum doesn't get to see you cry.
c) A confession from your bf/gf -- so you don't have that image burned on your eyeballs, and they're kind of showing remorse? A little? And maybe you could forgive them?
d) Other... please describe.
- Posted on 12/01/2009 by Lisa
Have you seen the episode of What I Like About You where Vince decides to grow a beard, and Holly's less than thrilled with his furry new look?
Let's do a mini questionnaire (for anyone who's ever been attracted to a guy):
- Are you more attracted to dudes with facial hair, dudes who are kind of stubbly, or dudes who are clean-shaven?
- If you were in Holly's place, would you care if Vince suddenly stopped shaving? What would be the best (or worst) thing about it?
- Does Holly deserve a vote about what Vince does with his facial hair? It's his face.
- Posted on 11/28/2009 by Mary
KLASSIC episode of That '70s Show on tonight at 3:30 am (what, you're gonna be asleep? Weak. It's Saturday night!) It's the one where Eric and Donna get 100% busted -- clothes free -- in the Vista Cruiser.
For all our sakes, I hope nothing close to that has ever happened to you, but... what's the worst parental "BUSTED" you've ever suffered? 'Fess up in the comments.
- Posted on 11/26/2009 by Lisa
Way before Abigail Breslin kicked zombie butt in Zombieland, she played Olive in Little Miss Sunshine. And way before that, she played Val and Holly's little neighbor on What I Like About You.
We're airing her episode, "The Teddy Bear," @ 6:30pm tonight. Check it out if you're an Abigail fan, or you like teddy bears, or you're in the mood to snuggle on the couch and watch some funny TV.
- Posted on 11/20/2009 by Mary
SPOILERS ARE IN THIS POST. If you haven't watched the episode, don't read because you'll ruin your own fun! THIS MEANS YOU, PLEAZZZE.
E'eryone else... let's dig in.
- That whole "it's better to be known as a gay basher than a gay person" thing reminded me of this documentary I saw, where some gay men were talking about how when they were closeted in high school, they used to join in on beating up other gay kids, because it kept the suspicion away from them. It was the saddest thing ever. Let's have a moment of silence for everyone who's ever taken a beating to hide someone else's fear.
- And wheeew. I love that Riley's come to a decision he can live with. How do you feel about his decision to wait 'til after high school to come out?
- OK, regardless of whether you yourself might ever want to LARP, did you at least feel kinda like "Right on!" when Anya stood up for herself and her interest? I was like, dag, go Anya.
- Is there anything you love that other people think is dorky? Stand up for it right here!
- Have you ever been willing to accept the dorky habit, hobby, or interest of someone you think is otherwise great -- friend or bf/gf? What was it?
- DUDE. JENNA AND K.C.. UHHHH DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED BUT CLARE IS STANDING RIGHT THERE. Keep a lid on the frickin' eye sex! Geez!
- Posted on 11/13/2009 by Mary
SPOILAHS DOWN BELOW YOU GUYS. Scroll on past until you're good and ready. The rest of yous:
1) Off the top, I feel the need to point out that when the guys asked the lifeguard teacher guy which of his female students was the hottest, and he said "It's not really my place to say"... that it wasn't his place to say because he's their FRICKING TEACHER and not because he's gay. Juuust making sure we're all on the same page on that one.
2) Riley . Riley Riley Riley. Honey. I worry so much about you. What do you guys think is going to happen? Will he ever be at peace with himself? What will it take?
3) That whole Dave/Jenna dynamic at the fair... ohhh man have I seen THAT go down in real life. Have you ever found yourself on a "surprise date" that you didn't quite realize was a date? Or have you ever thought you were on a date and realized a little too late that you were just "hanging out"?
4) I imagine I'm not the only one who laughed a Juno laugh when that guy from lifeguarding class -- Fitz, I believe the credits said his name was -- asked Riley and Fiona, "So are you two, you know, sexually active?"
5) Now I finally know why the Degrassi sign has said "JOIN THE LARPING SOCIETY!" for a few weeks now. What do you think of Anya's hobby? Would you join the LARPing society? If all the coolest people in your school suddenly got into LARPing, would you do it then?
- Posted on 11/06/2009 by MaryTHE SPOILERS, THEY ARE BELOW. YOU DO NOT READ THEM IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO. OK? OK THEN. OK.
Let's break it down, Degrassi watchers.
1) Let's have a truth circle. Have you ever been the person who maybe kinda sorta accidentally chose the proverbial mister before your sisters, or... the perfectly respectably young lady before your bros? The kind of person who "needs to get some non-Sav interests"? Or have you been on the other side of that... been the sister or bro who got blown off for the mister or... the perfectly respectably young lady?
2) OK, who here has had a guy or girl over when you were babysitting, raise your hands.
3) I know I can't be the only one who felt not just kinda sorry, but actually really sorry for Declan in this, right? I think he really likes Jane, and I was super touched when he asked her if she wanted to "talk about it." I mean I know he's crossing a cheating line but.. . that doesn't mean his heart's not broke!
4) How do you feel about Holly J choosing not to rat Jane out now that Jane has ended things with Declan? Look fair and square to you, or do you feel a little queasy about it?
5 ) Dude, really boys? Urine? Really? SMH. How about you, what's the most disgusting thing you've ever seen people do in the name of a prank?
- Posted on 10/30/2009 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY! Don't read 'til you've watched.
1) It doesn't seem like Jenna is actively manipulating or undercutting Clare yet.. . what do you think? Think we'll see her truly catty side come out still?< p> 2) I thought the interplay between Alli, Jenna, and Clare was SO true to life as far as girl friends go. We all have the one friend we talk to when we want to obsess about someone, because we know they'll let us and even encourage us. .. and then the friend we go to when we want a glass of cold reality thrown in our face because we KNOW we need to get over someone. Do you have different "roles" for your friends?
3) Peter's line about "feeling like I got fired from my friends" -- that broke my heart! Ever feel like that?
4) Oh my God, and when Peter handed Jane the tambourine and was like "Looked sexy when Mia did it!" -- so classic. So totally clueless about how dumb he sounded... I loved Jane's "whatever, idiot" face. Have you ever felt pigeonholed into doing like "the girl job" or "the guy job"?
5) Do you think the St¨dz are better with Jane or Peter?
6) And as far as Johnny and his big fat lying face go.... I have way more to say about that, I'm gonna wait 'til tomorrow. What was your reaction? That scene... when he revealed it... holy crap. Big points to Scott Paterson for the acting on that one. Even though on paper the words look kind of giggle-worthy, he made it feel eerily real.