- Posted on 11/15/2010 by Mary
And now, a moment of perfect, lovely calm to end your crappy, crappy Monday:
Click here for more pics from the fall finale of Degrassi (this Friday @ 9p et).
- Posted on 11/13/2010 by Mary
I don't know that I like Vanessa as a person -- can't say I'd tell her any of my secrets or ask for her opinion about my carefully-practiced tampon commercial jumps, BUT... I sure do enjoy watching her be a mean ol' b-word on my televisioning machine!
Re-watch Wesley's epically awesome (and so very realistic!) dream about Anya, and the very Degrassi moment it led to. In class. Oy vey.
Classic Degrassi. God bless 'em.
Lordy lordy lordy. Classic Degrassi tonight. SPOILERS AHOY so don't read 'til you've watched -- here's the full Halo, pt. 1 episode for your convenience:
And now, let's break it down.
1) Wesley, Wesley, Wesley. Ohhh, Lord. Poor guy. You know what's weird? Basically every single person on the planet goes through puberty, and yet we're somehow still so embarrassed to talk about it -- and even go through it. I mean, not everyone has a wet dream at school but... I bet it's happened to someone, somewhere...
2) KC, so so not over Jenna. Do you guys think they should get back together? Does he deserve her, after the way he abandoned her?
3) Dude, Sav is basically the nicest guy in the world. I mean, he's not perfect but, for real, who else would offer to go to a girl-he-hardly-know's prenatal class with her just 'cause she was sad and lonely? You can't blame Jenna for falling for him... even if you can blame her for being an eensy weensy skeensy bit delusional.
4) Two girls enter; one girl leaves! Who would win in a fight: Holly J, armed with a razor wit, two rolls of crepe paper and a Zeno; or Jenna, armed with sheer ruthlessness, a bottle of prenatal vitamins, and the stick shift from her brother's truck?
Can't get a song from tonight's shows out of your head? Here's a list, hope it helps!
- "The Girls Who Play the Boys" by Vanessa Rose
- "Dizzy from the Ride" by Alex Roots -- you can hear samples of both songs over on the Gigantic page
- "If It Means a Lot to You" by A Day to Remember -- you can hear a sample of this song over on the Degrassi page.
- "Hummingbird" by Imaginary Cities
- "Still Believe in Love" by Jacksoul
- "Could It Be You" by Hwood
Check out these clips of Annie "Fiona" Clark on the set of a Degrassi cast photo shoot... talking accessories, acting, and what it's like to feel all eyes on you while you're trying to pose:
- Posted on 11/11/2010 by Lisa
From time to time, we update the Degrassi character quiz, and now's one of those times. Take it now to find out who you'd be if you were a Degrassi character.
Then, tell me if you think the quiz got you right. Which Degrassi character do you think you're the most like (whether it's someone from the quiz or not)?
The quiz says I'm Sav, but I think I'm more like Clare or maybe Emma, with a tiny slice of Holly J, and a splash of Johnny DiMarco (I share his love of literature). What about you?
- Posted on 11/11/2010 by Mary
Check out the first scene of this Friday night's brand new Degrassi... Simpson's finally letting the beleaguered, downtrodden students of DCS have a dance!
- Posted on 11/10/2010 by Chairman Nick Cannon
Hey y'all, Chairman Nick here! We're coming up on year two of my favorite awards show, and I couldn't be prouder. Last year, we flipped the script by getting celebrities to give awards to deserving teens. Our honorees Megan, Darrius, Brryan and Leah inspired us all to do great things with our lives, our abilities, and our voices.
And this year, we're doing it again just as big. If not bigger. Because HALO is more than an awards show... it's a movement.
When I say "a movement," I don't mean people will see the HALO Awards and be like, "If I volunteer, maybe I'll get to meet Justin Timberlake!"
What I mean is... I wanted us all to be reminded of our potential. How much we can do with our time and energy. How powerful our optimism can be. There's power in numbers, and this generation knows it better than any other generation in history. You were raised with the Internet; you were raised with a sense of how interconnected we all are. So it's up to you to light the way for the rest of the world.
You're going to be amazed when you meet this year's four new honorees. I get awestruck every time I think about them, and I grin ear to ear when I think about them getting the recognition and rewards they deserve. And we've got another no-joke lineup of celebrity presenters taking part, too -- I'm so grateful to them. It's gonna be a big night. December 10!
- Chairman Nick
- Posted on 11/09/2010 by Mary
Why did Joey feel like he had to lie to Anna about playing poker? Do you think Maggie was right -- the Moores are too intimidating? Do you think it was because of the reason he needs the money in the first place? Either way... is the trust just not there between those two?
StayTeen.org says trust is at the top of the list of what guys and girls both say is the most important part of a relationship -- and honesty is second. What's at the top of the "healthy relationship" list for you? And... what does that mean for A&J?
I was also kind of blown away when I saw on StayTeen that "almost 1 in 5 teens say they don't know anyone who serves as an example of a healthy relationship." Who are your healthy relationship heroes, and what do you like about their dynamic?