- Posted on 03/28/2011 by Mary
So Fiona's coming back from rehab this week... but her problems haven't disappeared.
Fiona in Degrassi: In Too Deep "Chasing Pavements, Pt. 1"
Do you think Fiona will be strong enough to handle facing Bobby without turning to alcohol again?
Oh and someone else is going to be dusting off her old Degrassi uniform too... check the whole flipbook to see who!
- Posted on 03/27/2011 by Mary
Aww, Coach Armstrong has been on/at Degrassi for ten years! Ten years of puttin' up with kids spreading rumors about him being inappropriate with Liberty; gettin' his car keyed; dealin' with star basketball players on mushrooms... and of course, teaching math.
Here's to Coach Armstrong. May he someday retire happily to Hawaii on a fat pension.
Coach Armstrong, dispensing no-nonsense advice with the appropriate level of detachment on Degrassi
Who's your favorite Degrassi faculty member of all time? Drop it in the comments!
- Posted on 03/26/2011 by Mary
I know it's not funny... because Holly J is really really sick.
But... I mean...
What's the MOST embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you? That you're willing to post in the comments? I'll go:
I peed the bed at camp one summer. But even better... I was in my FRIEND's bunk bed at the time, because we had switched bunks for the night. So, I peed on HER sheets. Which was that much more awesome.
- Posted on 03/25/2011 by Mary
LOOK OUT, SPOILERS BELOW for those who missed out on the awesomeness. (Here's the full ep so you can be like the rest of us.) But if you've seen it, let's get chatty.
Holly J fell down went boom on Degrassi. She has a boo boo in her kidneys.
1) It's a good thing I never ran away because I have a feeling I'd fare just about as well as Alli -- I would totally try to ask someone for "Runaway 101" tips and end up getting jacked.
2) If your parents wanted your whole family to go to therapy together... would you be into it?
3) UP TOP, WESLEY! What do you guys think of Hannah? And should we call them Wannah? Weslah? I think I like Wannah. Anyway, a round of applause for a sweet guy finding a lovely girl. clap clap clap clap clap
4) You know what? It's interesting that Holly J didn't try to sabotage Chantay, since they were competing at that work study. It seems like the HJ of even a season ago totally would have. (It's also interesting that so many people out there speculated that Holly J might have diabetes, since it did turn out to be her kidneys... even if she got there in a really roundabout way.)
5) Also, who else here is guilty of totally trying to put off dealing with being sick because you were like "I don't have TIME to be sick." /me sighs, raises hand.
- Posted on 03/24/2011 by Mary
Alli has had it. She's done listening to other people's opinions about her decisions, including Johnny's.
Can I just say something? When Johnny said he doesn't want to see Alli become a "squeegee kid," all I could think was... um, there are a lot worse things for us to worry about with Alli alone on the streets.
Runaways are such easy prey for some truly messed up people who do MESSED up things. A runaway's desperate need for support can lead them to turn to people who have the worst possible plans for them, and who have disgusting amounts of patience for building up trust in their victims.
Alli is SO not safe out there. Her situation scares the crap out of me.
- Posted on 03/23/2011 by Mary
What's it like to get fan mail? And what is Jamil (aka Dave) like in real life? Melinda expounded for us, approximately 31,000 twitter followers ago:
Melinda Shankar of Degrassi works them red ankle booties.
- Posted on 03/22/2011 by Mary
Clare, mortified, in "Man with Two Hearts"
User Brandy created this message board threat about Embarrassing Moments on Degrassi... She mentions such golden scenes of humiliation as:
"When the teacher found the vibrator in Clare's book bag in the middle of class.
When Declan listened to the angry voice message that Holly J sent in front of her."
Ah, embarrassing moments. No one does them quite like Degrassi. What have been your favorites so far?
And... just fyi... mild SPOILER ALERT... you're in for another classic one this Friday.
- Posted on 03/22/2011 by Mary
"I guess if it's not dangerous, it's not worth it, right?" -- ???
Which Degrassi mouth is going to blurt that one out on Friday? Prognosticate in the comments...
- Posted on 03/21/2011 by Mary
Alli isn't safe... on the next Degrassi: In Too Deep
The new Degrassi flipbook is in, with sneak peek pics from Friday's episode.
Take a look and drop your predictions for Alli, Holly J, and everyone else in the comments...
- Posted on 03/20/2011 by Mary
The message boards are a-gurglin' with excitement over the retro '90s block we're planning. And like I said, everything's still in the planning stages right now so... that means now is a great time to pipe up!
What '90s shows do YOU want to see come back?