Blog | Dance Academy
- Posted on 07/01/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
It's time to meet the next member of 4Count, Kieran!
Kieran was one of the first two members of the group, along his brother Adam. He was inspired by his older bro's passion for dancing and at around 13 years old started training in hip-hop, classical, lyrical and ballet. Two short years later, he took up singing and was officially poised to be 1/4 of the next big boy band. And in case you couldn't already tell by this picture... Kieran's nickname is "Teddy Bear." Yep, he's just that sweet.
Are you smitten yet?
Kieran may be the youngest of the group, but he's ready to make himself known. He's got a voice as big as his heart, and you better believe he's gonna use it.
Here are a few quick facts:
Go-To Serenade Song: "Ordinary People" by John Legend
Worst Pick-Up Line Fail: "I had a pretty bad experience. This girl was a lion for this musical, so she came out and I held the door open for her and I said, 'Lions first.' She walked out the door and I never saw her again."
Mission: 4Count is coming to you July 6th at 9pm!
- Posted on 06/25/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
Say "hello" to Aaron Scott! He's 1/4 of 4Count, a total heartthrob and the next guy we're getting to know before Mission: 4Count premieres on July 6th!
Aaron was born in Texas, but grew up in California and has been performing and entertaining pretty much his whole life. His love for music, in fact, started in middle school when he picked up a pair of sticks became the drummer at his church. *Ba dum tsh*
Soon enough, Aaron wanted to expand his horizons and try his hand at singing and dancing. Turns out, he was pretty good at both because when Aaron auditioned for 4Count, it only took one hour for Nick Cannon to call him with the good news. Now, along with Adam, Kieran and Ben, Aaron has three band members and three brothers. (Awwwwwwww.)
A few quick bits about Aaron:
Go-To Serenade Song: "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon
Worst Pick-Up Line Fail: ''Recently, I saw a girl hanging out by herself and I was like, 'Are you waiting on your friends or something?' And she was like, 'Nope. My husband.' [Flashes wedding ring.]"
Did you know? Aaron was the mascot for his school's football team!
Get excited for more Aaron and more 4Count starting July 6th at 9pm!
- Posted on 06/24/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
If you're excited for the TeenNick premiere of Mission: 4Count, then you're probably dying to know more about the four guys who make up the band.
Well, your wish = our command because we're getting up close and personal with each of the heartthrobs that make up the super-cute quartet. Yep, we've got everything you need to know right here.
First up... Adam Ackerman!
Now, let's get down to a couple fast facts:
Go-To Serenade Song: "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" by the Temptations
Favorite thing to do when not performing: Playing sports like basketball and baseball. And watching Spongebob!
Look out for more 4Count goodness and make sure to catch Adam and the boys on Mission: 4Count, premiering July 6th at 9pm!
- Posted on 06/23/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
Two Nick stars going to Prom together? This might be the cutest thing EVER.
Dale Whibley surprised Max & Shred's Emilia McCarthy with a super sweet promposal that we can't stop watching on repeat. The Make It Pop star walked in the door with a bouquet of flowers, a delicious cake and one question ("PROM????") before Emilia... well, just watch the video for yourself!
Precious. Adorbs. #PromGoals. 100.
Check out photos below of their fun night together and don't forget to watch Make It Pop Saturdays in June at 4pm on TeenNick!
Do you have any fun promposal memories to share? Let us know in the comments!
- Posted on 06/19/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
When Chas diagnosed the root of all insomnia: adulthood.
When Stu insulted Howard during charades, so Howard decided to do something more fun. Classic Howard.
When Stu summed up what parenting sometimes feels like.
When Chas laid the guilt on thick.
When Grandpa Lou taught us what it means to live in the present.
When Stuie started crying after being given grownup responsibilities
When Randy's boss rejected five scripts for the Dummi Bears in a row. Showbiz is rough.
When Chuckie saw that a world without him would leave his dad a lonely man.
When Drew was all schmoozy.
When Grandpa Boris educated the Rugrats on Passover. A lesson we'll never forget.
When Chas adopted Kimi, and Kira adopted Chuckie. (This still makes us emotional.) Here's to the wacky and wonderful dads of Rugrats!
- Posted on 06/15/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
TeenNick music lovers, your new boy band obsession is here! Meet 4Count, the super talented (and super cute) pop quartet who will be the stars of our brand-new reality series, Mission: 4Count.
Have you ever dreamed about making it in the music business? This show is a first-hand look at one band's journey to the big time. During the two-week series event, watch the boys make music, complete missions and get into some shenanigans along the way. Here are 10 things you need to know about 4Count before Mission: 4Count premieres on July 6th!
1. The band consists of members (from left to right) Aaron Scott, Adam Ackerman, Ben Robinson and Kieran Ackerman.
2. Drawing on inspiration from Justin Timberlake, Michael Jackson and The Temptations, 4Count songs are fun, upbeat and will totally get stuck in your head.
3. Their vocals are swoon-worthy, but their killer dance moves take each performance to the next level.
4. Check out the video for their single "Epic" to see what we mean.
5. Adam and Kieran, the two brothers in the group, have training in tap, ballet, lyrical and hip-hop dancing.
6. Adam and Kieran became the first half of 4Count when they were discovered by Nick Cannon at a music video shoot.
7. Aaron started playing music when he became a drummer at his church!
8. Their single "California" is an ode to the state in which most of the boys grew up.
9. Their music video for "California," however, was shot in Canada! Check out this behind-the-scenes vid:
10. 4Count are more than just a band, they're family. And they're ready to be the next big thing.
- Posted on 06/15/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
When HALO Effect honoree Tatum Parker was six years old, she was diagnosed with a rare bone cancer called Ewing's Sarcoma. Her year-long stay in the hospital included three major surgeries and thirteen courageous rounds of chemotherapy, which eventually wiped out the cancer. A year and a half later, however, it returned. Once again powering through intensive treatment, Tatum beat cancer for a second time and remains cancer-free today!
During her time in the hospital, Tatum found comfort in a bag of toys she received from the from the Gabby Krause Foundation. The "Bag of Fun," which included games and activities, lifted her spirits during those long and difficult days in treatment. The gift had such a positive impact on her, she decided to pay forward.
And that's how Tatum's Bags of Fun was born.
Today, Tatum's Bags of Fun delivers toys and games to every pediatric cancer patient in Indiana. And while these bags help pass the time with fun activities, they are so much more than just toys -- they help build hope and foster strength to kids who need and deserve it most. At just 14, Tatum has built a charity that has not only served many kids across Indiana, but has succeeded in fundraising and spreading the message that a little fun and positivity can help make a painful journey just a bit lighter.
Tatum embodies the core idea of Help and Leading Others: She turned a personal and life-changing experience into a thoughtful and truly impactful movement. Now, that's incredibly cool.
- Posted on 06/01/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
1. Let's start with sword-fighting an adorable Brit in Shakespeare's Globe Theatre.
2. Or smooching your crush in an air duct.
"Brian, the name's Riley. NOT kiddo."
3. How about attending a swanky polo match?
4. Or hatching brilliant plan that NEVER goes wrong?
5. Maybe winning a Model UN competition will do.
6. That is, if you have time juggling your fabulous Italian internship.
7. And your fabulous Italian boyfriend.
Give me pizza or give me Paolo.
8. But no worries... if you get fired, your CEO will take you to his seaside villa!
9. And if you get put in the Witness Protection Program, it will look like this!
10. And your Aussie boyfriends will look like this!
ASDJHKSD PETE AND AVERY FOREVER.
11. And you'll use your wits and charm to turn two bumbling criminals into good guys!
12. And when you take a family vacation, it'll be to ATLANTIS!
13. And you always think of good comebacks on the spot.
14. Because in this life, you're the exception.
15. And you will always, always get the boy in the end.
Guess Brianna didn't get what she wanted this winter break.
To see more your favorite Mary-Kate & Ashley moments, catch their vacation movies every night this week at 9pm ET!
- Posted on 06/01/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
As the ancient Hawaiians used to say: He who listens to Tito is less likely to get stuck in a coconut tree.
Make your own destiny!
Sometimes life is grand. And sometimes it stinks.
The grass is always greener, man.
When you want to accomplish something in life, you have to figure out how to make it happen and GO for it!
Don't be self-absorbed -- it doesn't look good on anybody.
You can front all you want, but the truth always reveals itself.
Don't stoop down your enemy's level, yo.
Sometimes the best things in life are the easiest to overlook.
Appreciate what you've got today, because it could be gone tomorrow...
If you believe in yourself, the sky's the limit!
- Posted on 05/22/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
Well, this is awesome!
Former HALO Effect honoree Teagan Stedman was recognized by TEDxTeen's "The Next Big Thing" initiative!
If you're not familiar with TEDxTeen, it's an annual event where teens who are leaders and go-getters come together to share their ideas, passions and incredible projects that are changing the world. In a video submission contest, Teagan won third place and was named one of TEDxTeen's "Next Big Things" for his work with Shred Kids Cancer! Check out his awesome video right here:
Now that's what we call spreading the HALO Effect. Way to go, Teagan!