Blog | Dance Academy
- Posted on 04/20/2011 by Mary
Happy Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday! This is your last chance to Show Us Your Degrassi, so get on that!
And... here's a little prezzie we made you for the finale! It fits nicely as your Facebook profile pic, or you could print it out and hang it up wherever you want it, or... just look at it and smile. (To grab this, right click or ctrl-click the image and choose "save image as" or similar.)
Do Not Disturb - Watching Degrassi banner for yr Facebook!
Two more days til "Drop the World, pt. 2"... get ready!
- Posted on 04/19/2011 by Lisa
Haiku poems are typically about nature, but since it's Degrassi Spirit Week, let's write about Degrassi instead! If you're not familiar with haiku, they're little poems that have five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables in the last line.
I wrote a few examples:
Where did Kendra go?
Spinner's little sister met
Degrassi's black hole.
Jenna and K.C. --
Imagine them as parents.
I'm scared for baby.
Season 10's big star
Had no lines to memorize.
Morty, we love you!
Post yours in the comments, or tweet them with the hashtag #degrassihaiku. We'll retweet a few of our faves.
- Posted on 04/19/2011 by Mary
"Hell, no risk of pregnancy? I'm in!" -- ???
Lulz... who do you think is stoked on not getting (or getting someone else) pregnant? Drop your guesses in the comments, and find out if you were right Friday night!
- Posted on 04/18/2011 by Mary
It's Day 1 of Degrassi Spirit Week, leading up to this Friday's season finale! First off, don't forget to Show Us Your Degrassi!
And secondly, here's a fresh Facebook taggable picture for you (complete with Zane). Which of your friends is the Clare, which is the Jenna, and who's a total Eli? Drop this on your Facebook and tag 'em up. (To grab this, right click or ctrl-click the image and choose "save image as" or similar.)
A new Degrassi taggable for Facebook!
Join us every day this week in the blog for new Degrassi Spirit Week activities!
- Posted on 04/18/2011 by Mary
Degrassi's Clare in Drop the World, pt. 2
Click here to see all of this week's sneak peek pictures from Drop the World, pt. 2... plenty of surprises to come, Friday night at 9!
- Posted on 04/17/2011 by Mary
As we lead into the season finale for Degrassi: In Too Deep, I've seen some people mentioning the Death card that Clare pulled waaaay back when in the carnival promo. Which reminded me that I totally snuck into the "fortune teller's tent" on the set of that shoot and took this picture, which I never got a chance to share with you. So here it is!
Degrassi Carnival Promo - The Death Tarot Card
And while looking for it, I also stumbled on these pics of everyone messing around with the giant snakes that were on set that day.
Degrassi's Aislinn Paul, Munro Chambers and some very large snakes
Degrassi's Charlotte Arnold, snake charmer.
TeenNick producer Joe P, rocking the snakes as they were intended to be rocked
Me, rocking the snakes with invisible but very real enthusiasm, I swear to God.
- Posted on 04/16/2011 by Mary
"This isn't about cravings and playlists, KC. This is REAL!"
Do you think Jenna was right to go off on KC, or is she being too hard on him?
- Posted on 04/15/2011 by Mary
Next Friday, 4/22 (Earth Day!) is the season finale of Degrassi, and it's a doozy. Time to celebrate with...
Next week, here in the blog, we'll have new ways to celebrate Degrassi every day as we count down to the season finale.
In fact we can start it off right now...
Day 1 of Degrassi Spirit Week Spring 2011 issss... SHOW US YOUR DEGRASSI!
Take a picture of yourself dressed up as a Degrassi character; you and your friends acting out a critical scene; your Degrassi-covered bedroom walls or locker door; your Degrassi fan art... anything you can take a picture of that shows your Degrassi love, we want to see it!
Upload it to your TeenNick profile, and (IMPORTANT!) put a comment on this blog so we'll know to go look for it!
We'll post a bunch of them in the blog next week as Degrassi Spirit Week rolls on!
There, now you have no excuse to be bored this weekend... the possibilities are endless.
- Posted on 04/15/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS UNDERNEATH ME! Click here to watch Part 1 of Degrassi: In Too Deep "Drop the World", but if you're all watched up... let's talk about break-ups, bylines, the relativity of weirdness, and school dances.
Eli Goldsworthy is not amused.
1) Cast your votes. School dances, balloons, and banal top 40: "trivial" per Eli, or "fun" per Clare?
2) So, the things Eli was doing at the top of the episode... like giving Clare a byline on "Stalker Angel" without asking her, asking her mom for permission to take her to the goth lit con before confirming Clare wants to go... I've noticed that some people think he was being weird and pushy and overstepping his bounds, and others think he was being sweet and romantic. I can see how those actions can play out either way, mostly depending on the general vibe Clare was feeling toward him at the moment. I wonder: before the shotgun scene, did you think Eli was being creepy or sweet, AND, before this episode were you a member of the Eli Goldsworthy Estrogen Army or... not that into him?
3) I'm pretty worried about Eli at this point. You? And what do you think Clare should do about it all?
4) Sally J! Over! Who else is mourning this? I'm genuinely bummed. I liked her better with Sav than with Declan... (I'm on Team "I Think Declan Is Kind of Self-Centered and I'm Still Pissed about What Happened When He Came Back for the Drama Awards"). Are you pro-Sav, pro-Declan, or pro-Holly J just on her own, doing her own thing?
5) Dude, break-ups are the worst. For the dumpee and the dumper both. The way Holly J tried to kamikaze the relationship to avoid having to dump him... so human. Have you ever been dumped or dumped someone? How'd you handle it?
- Posted on 04/14/2011 by Mary
OK. Here's one of the many things I find interesting about this scene. Aside from Eli's intensity and Clare's starting to feel a little... smothered-y...
If Eli were dating someone other than Clare, I can easily see a less self-assured girlfriend being like, "Oh uh, OK, I guess we'll do your version of life and I'll skip the dance that I actually kind of wanted to go to because you think it's trivial. Maybe you're right? Maybe balloons are banal? I don't know."
But then again... I can't see Eli dating that kind of girl anyway. The reason he likes Clare is the same reason she's able to say, "If you're not interested, don't come."
How about you... are you comfortable standing up for the things you want to do, even when your friends or bf/gfs make fun of them?