Degrassi: Drop the World, pt. 1 - Let's Talk.
SPOILERS UNDERNEATH ME! Click here to watch Part 1 of Degrassi: In Too Deep "Drop the World", but if you're all watched up... let's talk about break-ups, bylines, the relativity of weirdness, and school dances.
Eli Goldsworthy is not amused.
1) Cast your votes. School dances, balloons, and banal top 40: "trivial" per Eli, or "fun" per Clare?
2) So, the things Eli was doing at the top of the episode... like giving Clare a byline on "Stalker Angel" without asking her, asking her mom for permission to take her to the goth lit con before confirming Clare wants to go... I've noticed that some people think he was being weird and pushy and overstepping his bounds, and others think he was being sweet and romantic. I can see how those actions can play out either way, mostly depending on the general vibe Clare was feeling toward him at the moment. I wonder: before the shotgun scene, did you think Eli was being creepy or sweet, AND, before this episode were you a member of the Eli Goldsworthy Estrogen Army or... not that into him?
3) I'm pretty worried about Eli at this point. You? And what do you think Clare should do about it all?
4) Sally J! Over! Who else is mourning this? I'm genuinely bummed. I liked her better with Sav than with Declan... (I'm on Team "I Think Declan Is Kind of Self-Centered and I'm Still Pissed about What Happened When He Came Back for the Drama Awards"). Are you pro-Sav, pro-Declan, or pro-Holly J just on her own, doing her own thing?
5) Dude, break-ups are the worst. For the dumpee and the dumper both. The way Holly J tried to kamikaze the relationship to avoid having to dump him... so human. Have you ever been dumped or dumped someone? How'd you handle it?