Degrassi and Dance Academy: What'd you think?
Ouch, right? Tonight's Degrassi had lots of physical pain, and Dance Academy had lots of emotional pain.
I watched tonight's Degrassi with ice on my knee, because I fell on it while running. I'm sure my knee is nowhere near as bad as Katie's, but I was horrified when she kept playing soccer after her injury. Knees are pretty fragile, and that was NOT a smart move, no matter how much she wants to get on the team.
I saw a bunch of comments on the sneak peek saying that Katie should've apologized to the other player when she realized how bad she was injured, and I agree. I know Drew told her not to, but c'mon... the girl was bleeding all over!
Other thoughts on this episode:
* I love that Tori and Tristan obsess over West Drive the same way we all obsess over Degrassi.
* Yay for the brotherly conversation between Tristan and Owen!
* I think this Tristan/Tori/Zig triangle might get interesting.
* When Katie was trying to choose Degrassi's next event, I loved Marisol's suggestion to move "Degrassi Gladiators" up on the schedule. I am DYING to know what that is. I hope we hear more about it.
* Face-mask girl is probably going to star in my next nightmare.
* I'm tempted to memorize Alli's "wag that tail" speech so I can use it on sad friends.
Meanwhile, on DANCE ACADEMY...
Tara got really embarrassed when the whole school found out about her giant crush on Ethan. What I learned from this ep: If anyone tries to get you to make a pros and cons list about someone you like, don't do it.
But enough about Tara's crush. I want to talk about MY crush. Have I mentioned yet that Christian is my favorite character on this show? I think I'm going to put a nice big picture of him at the bottom of this post just because I can.
Other things I liked about this episode:
* The very beginning, where scenes of Tara dancing in the studio are intercut with scenes of Christian running from the cops. I thought that was beautiful (and not just because Christian was in it, I swear).
* The bathing suit Kat wears when she takes Tara and Sammy to her secret swimming spot.
* All the roommate drama between Tara and Abigail. It made me SO glad I don't have a roommate anymore!