How To Make A DIY PAW-some Pup Collar
Ready to take your pup's fashion through the WOOF? Learn how to make this totally paw-some doggy bowtie collar!
1. Grab your materials.
For this project, you'll need:
Needle and thread
2. Cut the fabric in one 8 x 14 in. rectangle and one 2.5 x 8 in. rectangle.
3. Fold the larger rectangle into the thirds (hot dog style) and then into thirds again the other way (hamburger style).
4. Fold the fabric in a zig-zag pattern to make the bowtie shape.
5. Pinch the middle of the bowtie and sew it up!
6. Grab your smaller rectangle of fabric to make the knot that goes around the center of the bowtie. Fold the fabric in thirds (hot dog style) and then in half (hamburger style).
7. Measure 1 inch from the fold and sew it up. Cut off the excess fabric. Then flip the knot inside out to hide the seam and slide onto the bowtie!
8. Lastly, to make the dog collar, take your dress shirt and cut along the interlining of the collar. Lose the rest of the shirt!
9. Slide the loop of the bowtie through the collar and button at the top.
And that's it! Check out the full how-to video below.
And for more of our fun DIY projects, head over to YouTube!