Five Ways To Have The Perfect Anti-Prom
It's that magical time of year again: the dress-shopping, corsage-buying, and picture-taking phenomenon that is prom. You just can't wait, RIGHT?
For some people, the idea of the biggest dance in school isn't so magical. Whether that special date never came along, you hate dressing up, or you simply cringe at the thought of prom altogether, never fear! Instead of spending your energy dreading that "special" night, why not throw the BEST ANTI-PROM EVER?! We've come up with five fantastic ways to complete the task, so plan away.
1. Get Outta Town: Don't spend your prom night at home with your cat. Instead, grab a few friends, get away from the prom fuss, and escape to that fancy, new restaurant a few towns over or the nearest beach for the weekend--bonfire & roasted marshmallows, anyone?
2. Prom-Themed Movie Night: Rather than getting all dressed up and spending the night out, cozy up in your sweatpants, pop in the popcorn, and enjoy the hilarity that is prom from the comfort of your own home. You know there's nothing better than making fun of a hilariously terrible prom movie.
3. Create Your Own Magical Evening: While your classmates are dancing to the soothing tones of Iggy Azalea and Lil Jon, create an atmosphere that is truly beautiful and memorable for you and your date. Enjoy a delicious meal on a table outside, decorate your porch with string lights, and put together your favorite playlist. Heck, light a candle or two. You definitely won't miss the noisy chaos of "real" prom.
4. Never Grow Up: In lieu of completing the final teenage rite of passage, relive your childhood. Invite your friends over for a night of board games, junk food, and SpongeBob marathons. Break out the Play-Doh and Legos and rediscover the good old days when everything was magical.
5. Throw Your Own Bad Prom with Your Friends: Go to your local thrift store and pick out your favorite tacky '80s prom outfit (something colorful with a hideous pattern). Encourage everyone else to dress as ridiculously as possible. Hang a sheet on your wall and set up a photo booth to commemorate a night of fun, friends, hideous outfits, and awful music.
So what if prom's not your thing? Get out there and have a good time!