Blog | Freaks & Geeks
- Posted on 06/26/2010 by Lisa
"Blow Outs are so rad. They actually inhale and exhale as you walk. And if I don't get these I'm going to be a total geek." That's D.J. from Full House, describing a pair of sneakers she's dying to own. (It happens in the "Working Girl" episode, which airs on TeenNick tonight @ 9pm.) I feel her pain, because I've been known to get a bit shoe-obsessed, too.
I get shoe-crushes on pretty much every pair that Irregular Choice makes, because I love bright-colored shoes that really stand out. I wish I owned them ALL... but that'd be pricey, and I'd need a bigger closet. I also have an adorable pair of ruffly pink Payless flats that I wear all the time. Colorful shoes just make me happy.
Do you have a favorite pair of shoes? Did you obsess for a while before you bought them?
- Posted on 06/26/2010 by Lisa
Did you catch the video for Justin Bieber's "Somebody to Love" Remix with Usher on Obsess This?
No matter how you feel about Justin, you've got to admit the dancing in this video is pretty amazing. It includes a bunch of people you might've seen on America's Best Dance Crew, and their energy is infectious. (I love the part where Justin and some of the other dancers are stomping around in what looks like baby powder... it totally makes me want to throw some on the floor and dance in it.)
Have you seen it? What'd you think?
- Posted on 06/24/2010 by Lisa
The last two posts have been kinda girly, so to balance things out, I'm gonna stick some cute Degrassi boys in your face.
I thought you might appreciate this super-serious Season 2 photo of Spinner, Marco, Sean, Jimmy, and Craig.
And here's a pic of J.T. looking like a total babe magnet. Does this one make you sigh and tear up a little? (Me, too.)
- Posted on 06/21/2010 by Mary
The Every Episode Ever marathon kicks off tonight at 6pm et, with the very first episodes of Degrassi! (Which, obscure trivia fact: those were not the first episodes of Degrassi we aired. I think we started with the third episode, then played the first two later on. Now you know!)
I just watched a little of the first episode, and three things stuck out immediately:
1) Everybody's voices were so high! JT literally squeaks at one point!
2) Manny used to look like this:
And 3) Cell phones used to look like this:
- Posted on 06/19/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 06/18/2010 by Mary
I'm sworn to secrecy, so maybe you should tell me what YOU think is up with these new Degrassi guys. What do you think their stories are, and which ones are you most excited to see in action on Degrassi: The Boiling Point... in July! So soon!
In alphabetical order...
One tiny bit of info: Adam and Drew are step-brothers.
One tiny bit of info: Drew's grades are not the best.
One tiny bit of info: Eli drives a hearse to school.
One tiny bit of info: Fitz might have a thing for smart girls.
- Posted on 06/16/2010 by Mary
Sittin' here, listening to Drake's first full-length album (out now!), remembering when he (or Jimmy, anyway) was a big ol' 8th grader on Degrassi, going out with Ashley, abusing Ritalin, fighting with Spinner over dance contests and mp3 players.
And all of that's gonna be on next week -- the Degrassi Every Episode Ever marathon starts Monday at 6pm et and rolls right on through for four weeks. Wash all your softest jammy pants, yr gonna need 'em.
- Posted on 06/15/2010 by Lisa
I love the episode of That '70s Show where Jackie decides to give Kelso a glam, David-Bowie-inspired makeover.
How do you feel about makeup...
-on your friends?
-on the people you're attracted to?
- Posted on 06/15/2010 by Mary
Your T-shirt drawer is probably so crammed with crap T-shirts you never wear anymore. And there are all these new Degrassi shirts at Hot Topic, just waiting to be lovingly folded into your collection. It's unjust I say. UNJUST!
Unlame T-shirts, too, I swear! There's a Degrassi Panthers shirt, and even better there are RETRO Degrassi shirts, like this one. Yay life.
- Posted on 06/12/2010 by Mary
My top five favorite things about the new Aaron Fresh video:
1) The way he chomps on the girl's face all goofy at the very end.
2) The dancings.
3) The song.
4) Ok maybe this is weird, but I like that the video is about a dude working in fast food who has a crush on a girl. It's like the opposite of that T.I. video for "Whatever You Like" where the girl works at a fast food joint and big rich T.I. comes and rescues her buys her expensive stuff she doesn't need. I'd way rather hang out in a parking lot with my friends dancing, and then retire to a field of dandelions with someone who really liked me. Maybe that's just me though.
5) And, Aaron himself. The fact that he can sing and move and looks comfortable and at ease and seems really sweet and not gas-headed and like if you knew him in real life, you'd find yourself saying things like "couldn't happen to a nicer guy."
I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it. But Chairman Nick vouches for him, so prolly not.
What do you guys think of that song and video?