Blog | Freaks & Geeks
- Posted on 12/28/2009 by Lisa
"You're my boyfriend. We don't keep secrets from each other."That's something Holly says in the "I've Got a Secret" episode of What I Like About You, and it brings up an important relationship question -- are boyfriends and girlfriends exempt from the secret-keeping rules?
When Tina realizes she might possibly have feelings for Gary, she tells Holly, but begs her to keep it a secret.
A few minutes later, this conversation takes place:
HOLLY: "Tina told me not to tell anyone."
VINCE: "But you just told me."
HOLLY: "Yeah, but you're not 'anyone' -- you're my boyfriend. We don't keep secrets from each other, because we have that intimate bond."
If you were in that situation, and you were sworn to secrecy about a friend's crush, would you keep it a secret? Or would you tell your bf/gf, because of the "intimate bond" thing?
- Posted on 12/23/2009 by Mary
I mean like really old nursing home-aged people, like the ones D.J. volunteers with on Full House? This episode actually kinda reminds me of Say Anything, too (the movie, not the band)... anyway. Some people are great with old folks, some are totally freaked out by them. Which are you? And why?
- Posted on 12/16/2009 by Mary
There's an ep of That '70s Show where Jackie gives Kelso a quiz to figure out if she should get back together with him (what kind of career he's planning, whether he would still love her if she were bald, etc...).
So! How 'bout a completely random dating exercise:
If you were facing a roomful of attractive people and had to pick one of them to be your next bf/gf, but you could only ask everyone the same three questions to figure out who you wanted, what three questions would you ask?
Post your Qs in the comments!
- Posted on 12/15/2009 by Mary
One of the What I Like About You eps tonight is the one where Henry gets his wisdom teeth out and freaks on Holly for not being there when he wakes up from the anesthesia as promised.
Dude, anesthesia is so weird... have you ever been under it for surgery? What was it like, and how freaked out were you about the whole ordeal?
- Posted on 12/09/2009 by Lisa
Way back before he starred in Gossip Girl and John Tucker Must Die, Penn Badgley guest-starred in an episode of What I Like About You. He played Holly's coworker at Copy That.
And way back before she played Pam on The Office, Jenna Fischer guest-starred in the very same episode. She played Val's coworker at the public relations firm.
Wanna see Penn and Jenna (If they dated, they'd be Penna!) before they were household names? Watch the episode called "Copy That."
- Posted on 12/05/2009 by Mary
The eps of That '70s Show where Kelso is an idiot and loses Jackie made me wonder,
What is the "best" way to find out your bf/gf is cheating:
a) Catching them -- so there's no confusion about what the truth is.
b) Hearing about it from a friend -- so that cheating scum doesn't get to see you cry.
c) A confession from your bf/gf -- so you don't have that image burned on your eyeballs, and they're kind of showing remorse? A little? And maybe you could forgive them?
d) Other... please describe.
- Posted on 12/01/2009 by Lisa
Have you seen the episode of What I Like About You where Vince decides to grow a beard, and Holly's less than thrilled with his furry new look?
Let's do a mini questionnaire (for anyone who's ever been attracted to a guy):
- Are you more attracted to dudes with facial hair, dudes who are kind of stubbly, or dudes who are clean-shaven?
- If you were in Holly's place, would you care if Vince suddenly stopped shaving? What would be the best (or worst) thing about it?
- Does Holly deserve a vote about what Vince does with his facial hair? It's his face.
- Posted on 11/28/2009 by Mary
KLASSIC episode of That '70s Show on tonight at 3:30 am (what, you're gonna be asleep? Weak. It's Saturday night!) It's the one where Eric and Donna get 100% busted -- clothes free -- in the Vista Cruiser.
For all our sakes, I hope nothing close to that has ever happened to you, but... what's the worst parental "BUSTED" you've ever suffered? 'Fess up in the comments.
- Posted on 11/26/2009 by Lisa
Way before Abigail Breslin kicked zombie butt in Zombieland, she played Olive in Little Miss Sunshine. And way before that, she played Val and Holly's little neighbor on What I Like About You.
We're airing her episode, "The Teddy Bear," @ 6:30pm tonight. Check it out if you're an Abigail fan, or you like teddy bears, or you're in the mood to snuggle on the couch and watch some funny TV.
- Posted on 11/20/2009 by Mary
SPOILERS ARE IN THIS POST. If you haven't watched the episode, don't read because you'll ruin your own fun! THIS MEANS YOU, PLEAZZZE.
E'eryone else... let's dig in.
- That whole "it's better to be known as a gay basher than a gay person" thing reminded me of this documentary I saw, where some gay men were talking about how when they were closeted in high school, they used to join in on beating up other gay kids, because it kept the suspicion away from them. It was the saddest thing ever. Let's have a moment of silence for everyone who's ever taken a beating to hide someone else's fear.
- And wheeew. I love that Riley's come to a decision he can live with. How do you feel about his decision to wait 'til after high school to come out?
- OK, regardless of whether you yourself might ever want to LARP, did you at least feel kinda like "Right on!" when Anya stood up for herself and her interest? I was like, dag, go Anya.
- Is there anything you love that other people think is dorky? Stand up for it right here!
- Have you ever been willing to accept the dorky habit, hobby, or interest of someone you think is otherwise great -- friend or bf/gf? What was it?
- DUDE. JENNA AND K.C.. UHHHH DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED BUT CLARE IS STANDING RIGHT THERE. Keep a lid on the frickin' eye sex! Geez!