Blog | Freaks & Geeks
- Posted on 03/08/2011 by Mary
"Great, just... try not to kill me, k?" -- ???
Who do you think is going to say it? More importantly, who are they instructing not to kill them? Place your bets in the comments...
- Posted on 03/07/2011 by Mary
Eli from Degrassi pouts with the sadness. Who made Eli so sad?
Bon Monday... it's sneak peek pics day!
Please, in the comments, describe the amount that your heart breaks seeing Eli look so saaaaaad.
- Posted on 03/06/2011 by Mary
Remember that time Bianca tried to be nice on Degrassi?
Welcome to TV Philosophy 101. Today's discussion topic:
Would you want to watch a show where you didn't hate any of the characters?
I was just noticing comments like these on the Degrassi board...
"I don't like [Bianca] AT ALL!!!! ...I can't stand her. And it's because of what happened with Drew in the boiler room. I don't even get why they have her on the show. She doesn't seem like a really big character other than her and Drew going out right now. I just don't get why they have to have her." - caitybug66 in this thread
"I'm not going to list everything that I dislike about [Jenna] because then I'd be typing for hours, but I hate that she was so judgmental towards Bianca. I would have to say Degrassi would do so much better without her." - nat in this thread
I can definitely see how like, hating a character means every time they show up on screen your blood curdles and you want to throw things and then that's not a pleasant experience... but then I can also see how a show about a high school where you liked everyone would be pretty snoozy. But then again, maybe there would still be plenty of conflict just from the trials and tribulations people go through...
I don't know, do you wish your most hated characters would just disappear, or do you think they give a certain flavor/realism/je ne sais quoi to the shows you love?
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Lisa
If you're wondering about any of the songs you heard on this week's Degrassi, here you go! The quotes in italics are commentary from the Degrassi Music Team about why they picked each song.
"Sally Moore" by The Dashing Suns
While Eli and Clare are in the hearse.
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"The Dashing Suns out of California know how to rock, and that retro guitar sound is just so darn appealing. A small debate ensued where we talked about having the song come from Morty's stereo, or have the song outside the characters' world. We decided to feature it, making you think it's going to be a fun-filled jovial episode, but we tricked you, because some pretty creepy stuff happens!"
"Come On Stomp!" by Thee Vicars
During the diaper competition.
"This UK band stomped into our hearts and into Degrassi -- just some good old-fashioned Britpop adding some energy to the baby-changing race."
"I'm Gonna Change Your Life" by The Thermals
While Fitz and Clare talk at The Dot
"The Thermals are like your high school chums, just a load of fun in a familiar setting. Even though this was a bit buried in the background it still deserves a mention, as the Producers really liked its message over Fitz and Clare. Some foreshadowing in this song -- maybe Fitz really has changed?"
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY FOR DEGRASSI LAGGERS. Click here to watch the full episode if you missed it, and then let's have a little chat shall we?
Eli Goldsworthy, Fitz's number one fan, on Degrassi: In Too Deep "Jesus, Etc., pt. 1"
1) So. Was Clare right to accept Fitz' apology? And... was she right to chastise Eli ("That's all you can say?") when he didn't accept Fitz' apology?
2) "As your boyfriend my job is to protect you." - Eli. Hmm... true or false? Whose job is it -- if anyone's -- to protect whom in a relationship?
3) "The day I met drew is the day this all started." - Alli. Again, hmm... true or false? Well, actually Sav already pointed out that it's false -- Drew didn't exactly tell Alli to send those pics to DiMarco, frintance. BUT, that said... what percentage of Alli's Life Problems do you think are directly or indirectly Drew's fault? If she had never met Drew, what do you think her life would be like today?
4) "Who's on bass, Valdemort?" - Alli. Haha. What would you have done in Sav's position? How much should Drew and Alli's past weigh in to his decision?
4b) Also, if you were Sav, and Drew was off the table as a possibility for drummers... would you have picked:
- "I'M GONNA ROCK" guy. (Was that who Sav meant by "the heavy metal dude"?)
- the bang bang bang bang bangbangbang bangbangbang girl
- stick-dropping bandana guy or
- the beat boxer
5) So, Jenna is approximately a bajillion months pregnant. At this point... perhaps whipping out a skateboard was a touch idiotic but, is KC right that they need to be squeezing out every last bit of pre-baby fun before their lives change forever? Or... has that ship already sailed, and their lives have already changed forever whether he likes it or not?
- Posted on 03/02/2011 by Mary
What music does Degrassi's Alli listen to when she's posing for pics? And how does Munro feel about that? Find out here:
See, now when you look at this huge picture of her, you know exactly what she was listening to as she posed. Trippy, right?
Melinda Shankar, aka Alli on Degrassi
- Posted on 03/02/2011 by Mary
Behind the scenes at her photo shoot, Aislinn tells us how and why she got into acting.
Oh yeah also... little known fact: you know how Aislinn mentions that her parents are actors? Her dad was actually on Degrassi -- he was Mr. Michalchuk, Paige and Dylan's dad. True story!
Anyway, I'm just gonna go ahead and drop a giant Aislinn pic here, too. 'Cause if she doesn't deserve some locker love, I don't know who does.
Aislinn Paul, aka Clare on Degrassi
- Posted on 03/01/2011 by Mary
"Um, you better look behind you."
Ruh roh... who do you think says it on Friday's new Degrassi. And more importantly, who needs to look behind them? Leave your guesses in the comments!
- Posted on 02/28/2011 by Mary
Fitz is back on Degrassi: In Too Deep
Eeeeeeegh. This can't be good.
What do you think is up? Are you worried? Do you need to go to your safe place?
Click here for eleven more sneaky peeky Degrassi pictures in the new flipbook!
- Posted on 02/27/2011 by Mary
"I have changed, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me!"
Alli Bhandari and Malaika on Degrassi: In Too Deep
Oh, Ms. Alli. When her mom was just not buying the whole "It was Malaika's cigarette!" story, my fists were so clenched... there's nothing worse than being blamed for something you really truly didn't do. And it's true that Alli does seem to have grown up a lot.
But... it's also not like Alli's never done ANYTHING wrong...
How much do you think it's true that bad stuff "just keeps happening" to Alli, and how much of it is her fault -- does she invite trouble into her world?