TeenNick Holiday Tree: How To Make A Colorful Felt Garland!
Undeniable fact: one of the best parts of the holidays is getting to put up decorations. It's the one time of year where it's acceptable to transform any and every normal surface into a gilded, tinsellated, sparkly winter wonderland! And while some people go for the ~classy~ holiday look (you know, the ones inspired by Pinterest Boards with streamlined color palettes that somehow incorporate Mason jars...), here at TeenNick we like to think of holiday decorating as an excuse to incite a full-on color EXPLOSION.
Over the next couple of weeks, we're going to be adding custom decorations to our very special TeenNick Holiday Tree. Not only will we document the process, but we'll include how-to guides for each craft so you can decorate your own festive fir!
Our first tree decoration: a multi-colored felt garland. This craft is definitely easiest with a group, so gather your friends and get in the SPIRIT!
1. Gather your materials. For this project, you'll need different colored felt (the more, the better!), scissors, and some black yarn.
2. Cut the felt into small rectangular pieces. Each piece should be roughly 3 inches tall and 1/2 inch wide.
3. Cut black string into twelve 24-inch pieces. Use the string to tie a knot around the middle of each felt piece. Leave about 1/2 inch space in between each piece. Make sure you order the colors so they don't repeat, and leave enough string at the end to eventually tie each piece together.
4. Take two full strings and wrap them around each other to make the garland full.
5. Finally, tie each large piece together to make the garland long!
VOILA! What a merry beaut. (And to think we've only just begun...)
Check in with us next week for our second phase of decorations! And while you're getting crafty, be sure to check out TeenNick's Best Holidays Ever! For the next three Saturdays at 1pm ET, we're going to be marathoning special holiday episodes of your favorite TeenNick shows. This weekend we start with Zoey 101, followed by Victorious and Big Time Rush!