TeenNick Holiday Tree: How To Make Pipe Cleaner Snowflakes!
Last week, we showed you how to make a colorful felt garland perfect for draping around any holiday tree. This week, we're adding a little something sparkly: pipe cleaner snowflakes! This craft is a perfect way to add a unique, but classically elegant ornament to your tree!
1. Gather your materials. For this project, you'll need five pipe cleaners per snowflake and a pair of scissors.
2. Cut each of the five pipe cleaners in half so you have a total of ten pieces.
3. Take three of the smaller pieces, fold them in half around each other to make a six-point star.
4. With the remaining seven pieces, cut two-thirds of the length of each piece. You should now have seven longer pieces and seven shorter pieces.
5. Take one of the longer pieces and fold about half way down each stem. Repeat for each of the remaining five stems on the snowflake. (You will have one extra piece in case you mess up!)
6. Repeat step five with the smaller pieces at the top of each stem. Again, you will have one extra piece!
Feel free to mix and match colors, or add embellishments to your snowflakes! After all, no two snowflakes are exactly the same.
Check in with us next week for our final phase of decorations! It may or may not involve Degrassi. (Hint: it most definitely will).