- Posted on 10/15/2010 by Mary
Ummm. So... well, first SPOILERS BELOW if you haven't watched Love Lockdown pt. 1 yet. (It'll be online soon, don't worry.) Everyone else:
1) What just happened with Holly J and Declan? What are your thoughts? I was gripping the sides of my chair and just... upset but confused and flabbergasted and confused and upset. I don't think Declan is an evil person -- at ALL -- but that really, really upset me, personally. What was your reaction to that last scene?
2) Oh God. What about Sav? Ohhh man.
3) Did you see that glint in Clare's eye when she realized her parents were united in opposition to her piercing? Ruh roh...
4) Here's how we know Eli truly, truly cares for Clare: he's worried her parents won't like him. What's the opposite of a red flag, a green flag? Well then that right there is what we call a new boyfriend green flag. Eli... your perfection is simply intoxicating.
5) Haha, as much as I felt bad for Chantay fighting the good fight to save a Spirit Squad no one else seems to care about... I probably would have felt pretty meh if the cheerleading squad (if you could call it that) got disbanded in high school. What clubs would you fight to save if Simpson shut them down?
- Posted on 10/14/2010 by Mary
Look who's back... and he seems just EVER-so-delighted that Holly J is dating Sav.
And someone else is back toooooo....
Or come watch the first scene!
- Posted on 10/14/2010 by Mary
At 4pm et today, President Obama will be having a live Town Hall -- with YOU. Is there anything you want to say to him? Anything you want to ask? Whether it's about the economy, Afghanistan, the environment, gay rights, health care, college money, your school and your teachers, bullying... whatever's on your mind, we want to know about it. And MTV News wants to let President Obama know, too.
You can tweet questions and comments for the event NOW -- click here to check out MTV's Twitter Tracker, and tweet your own questions using hashtags like these:
Or make up your own #ask hashtag...
MTV will also be looking at tweets with #mygreatesthope and #mygreatestfear ... so you can let the president know what's on your mind.
We'll see you there.
- Posted on 10/11/2010 by Lisa
I did lots of important cute boy research in order to bring you an updated version of the Degrassi crush quiz. Have you taken it yet?
My current Degrassi crush is:
Wesley? Well, he's cute, smart, he's into robots, he's a musician... Oh, and remember the rap he and Connor did in the caf when they were trying to get Dave elected? I love any guy who's willing to act that dorky in public. Maybe I DO sort of have a crush on Wesley. I learned something new about myself today.
- Posted on 10/08/2010 by Mary
And once you're all caught up, let's talk.
* ALLI!! Do you guys think she made the right decision? Also, do you think she does have low self esteem? Or is something else behind her 'always making bad decisions where boys are involved'?
* Do you think all-girls' school will help or hurt Alli's boy craziness? 'Cause... I went to an all girls' school for a while and I gotta say... not all the girls there were exactly WISE about boy-folk.
* Still Alli: My heart went directly into my stomach when the Bandharis started looking through Alli's file in Simpson's office. Do you know the feeling I mean... that 'omg, I'm caught' feeling? Boooo that feeling.
* KC and Jenna: Did KC have a right to be pissed about the way Jenna "came out" as pregnant? Or did he lose all rights to be mad about anything the second he basically abandoned her?
*And don't worry: Eli's back in the next episode, promise. He was suspended in this week's ep, 'cause of Vegas Night.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Alli wants a fresh start... one that doesn't include letting the guy who went to the boiler room with Bianca come waltzing back into her life. But does she have the strength to stay away?
And we all know what's behind that big ol' guitar, but the Next Teen Star audience doesn't... what will they think if they find out?
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Well, I looked through the comments to yesterday's post, and I got you a present for Degrassi Spirit Week Thursday. A big, beautiful, locker-worthy present.
I hope you like it.
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday = let's hear it for the boys!
Two nights until we get to see Eli again! And Drew! And Adam, and Wesley and... Owen... and ALL OF THEM IN STANDARD ISSUE KHAKI PANTS! Be still m'heart.
Of all the new Degrassi boys introduced this summer during the Boiling Point, who's your favorite? (As for these pics, I'm leaving Fitz out because of the whole "getting carted off in a cop car at the end of Vegas night" bit, and I reluctantly include Owen because he's so MEAN, but... I know some of you are into him and I guess Jay Hogart was fairly mean when we first met him, too.)
- Posted on 10/05/2010 by Mary
You know what we haven't done in a while? DEGRASSI SPIRIT WEEK! (Here's looking at you, Creat1Ve.)
With the Degrassi premiere happening this Friday, and a school full of sad kids going back to what looks like a pretty spiritless school, we OWE it to them to freak the hell out this week. We owe those poor, beleaguered, so-very-disciplined students a pep rally!
We owe them... a new Degrassi Facebook taggable!
Here you go... use it to tag the Eli in your life. Ooh, which raises a question... if you tag someone as Eli, and they know you love Eli, is that basically telling that person that you love them?
Oh, and if you still want the older pre-Boiling Point versions... here's a link to the pre-Boiling Point Degrassi Facebook taggable... and here's a link to the Old School Degrassi Facebook taggable. Sadly, I have no super-super-old-school, like back-when-Mr.-Simpson-went-to-Degrassi version, sorry. But I would totally be Spike.
- Posted on 10/04/2010 by Mary
This is just a quickie to let you know the message boards are over here if you were having trouble finding them. Also if you're bummed because you can't find the Lounge, Fan Fic, Music, Current Events, or RPG boards (or others like them)... there's a "next" button at the top of the MBs page; that's where the rest of the boards are. (We couldn't get them all on one page, sorry!)
And also, I mentioned I would help you find your old friends once we got here; here's the trick:
In the address bar (or URL bar), just type http://community.teennick.com/profile/your friend's old username. Where "your friend's old username" would actually be... your friend's old username. If they kept their username from the old site, that'll be them. Makey sensey?
Otherwise, hope you're getting accustomed to the new site. I know it's always weird when a site you go to a lot changes, but soon enough you can be just as settled in here as you were before. Grab a pillow :)