- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY FOR DEGRASSI LAGGERS. Click here to watch the full episode if you missed it, and then let's have a little chat shall we?
Eli Goldsworthy, Fitz's number one fan, on Degrassi: In Too Deep "Jesus, Etc., pt. 1"
1) So. Was Clare right to accept Fitz' apology? And... was she right to chastise Eli ("That's all you can say?") when he didn't accept Fitz' apology?
2) "As your boyfriend my job is to protect you." - Eli. Hmm... true or false? Whose job is it -- if anyone's -- to protect whom in a relationship?
3) "The day I met drew is the day this all started." - Alli. Again, hmm... true or false? Well, actually Sav already pointed out that it's false -- Drew didn't exactly tell Alli to send those pics to DiMarco, frintance. BUT, that said... what percentage of Alli's Life Problems do you think are directly or indirectly Drew's fault? If she had never met Drew, what do you think her life would be like today?
4) "Who's on bass, Valdemort?" - Alli. Haha. What would you have done in Sav's position? How much should Drew and Alli's past weigh in to his decision?
4b) Also, if you were Sav, and Drew was off the table as a possibility for drummers... would you have picked:
- "I'M GONNA ROCK" guy. (Was that who Sav meant by "the heavy metal dude"?)
- the bang bang bang bang bangbangbang bangbangbang girl
- stick-dropping bandana guy or
- the beat boxer
5) So, Jenna is approximately a bajillion months pregnant. At this point... perhaps whipping out a skateboard was a touch idiotic but, is KC right that they need to be squeezing out every last bit of pre-baby fun before their lives change forever? Or... has that ship already sailed, and their lives have already changed forever whether he likes it or not?
- Posted on 03/03/2011 by Lisa
Eli wants to finish his story, Clare wants to learn to drive... and Fitz? What does Fitz want? Watch the first scene of Friday's Degrassi right now:
Watch that sneak peek, and then tell me -- are you like "Eee! Fitz!" or "Ugh, Fitz."? TheDegrassiFanatic started an anti-Fitz thread on the Degrassi message board, but some of the posts defend him and call him "misunderstood."
For more of Fitz, Clare, and Eli, don't miss Jesus, Etc., pt. 1, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET on TeenNick!
- Posted on 03/02/2011 by Mary
What music does Degrassi's Alli listen to when she's posing for pics? And how does Munro feel about that? Find out here:
See, now when you look at this huge picture of her, you know exactly what she was listening to as she posed. Trippy, right?
Melinda Shankar, aka Alli on Degrassi
- Posted on 03/02/2011 by Mary
Behind the scenes at her photo shoot, Aislinn tells us how and why she got into acting.
Oh yeah also... little known fact: you know how Aislinn mentions that her parents are actors? Her dad was actually on Degrassi -- he was Mr. Michalchuk, Paige and Dylan's dad. True story!
Anyway, I'm just gonna go ahead and drop a giant Aislinn pic here, too. 'Cause if she doesn't deserve some locker love, I don't know who does.
Aislinn Paul, aka Clare on Degrassi
- Posted on 03/01/2011 by Mary
"Um, you better look behind you."
Ruh roh... who do you think says it on Friday's new Degrassi. And more importantly, who needs to look behind them? Leave your guesses in the comments!
- Posted on 02/28/2011 by Mary
Fitz is back on Degrassi: In Too Deep
Eeeeeeegh. This can't be good.
What do you think is up? Are you worried? Do you need to go to your safe place?
Click here for eleven more sneaky peeky Degrassi pictures in the new flipbook!
- Posted on 02/27/2011 by Mary
"I have changed, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me!"
Alli Bhandari and Malaika on Degrassi: In Too Deep
Oh, Ms. Alli. When her mom was just not buying the whole "It was Malaika's cigarette!" story, my fists were so clenched... there's nothing worse than being blamed for something you really truly didn't do. And it's true that Alli does seem to have grown up a lot.
But... it's also not like Alli's never done ANYTHING wrong...
How much do you think it's true that bad stuff "just keeps happening" to Alli, and how much of it is her fault -- does she invite trouble into her world?
- Posted on 02/26/2011 by Mary
Hmm. Skipping the most important basketball game of the season to go hang out in the ravine with Bianca and Ron-Ron. Interesting choice, Drew.
Now that Drew's getting help, how do you think it'll go:
Bianca will drag Drew down with her
Drew will help Bianca be less self-destructive?
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Mary
DON'T LET ME SPOIL YOUR DEGRASSI! I couldn't live with myself!
Click here to watch Degrassi: In Too Deep, "The Way We Get By, pt. 2" online in HD first. Then let's talk:
Riley Stavros on Degrassi: In Too Deep
1) Wow. The Stavros' reaction to Riley being gay is intense. And doesn't it shed SO MUCH light on why he had such a hard time accepting himself? The way his mom just wanted to straight up pretend this wasn't happening... it's exactly what Riley did for so long, isn't it? Thank God for Zane -- he had a good point that Riley's come a long way. Here's hoping he's right that Riley's parents will, too.
2) Bianca v Jenna. So interesting how comfortable and righteous Jenna feels in that judgy seat. I know for some of you this is like choosing between Satan and Other Satan, but... if you absolutely HAD to pick one to be friends with... who would it be?
3) When your friends hate your bf/gf. I guess in this instance, the friends are pretty right about the girlfriend being a problem. If your friends were openly anti-your-bf/gf, would it make you wonder about the bf/gf, or the friends?
4) Bianca. She said a line this week that I found endlessly fascinating:
"I'm not your judgy friends. So are you coming? Unless you have a better offer..."
- On the one hand, her lack of judginess IS refreshing. And she really did seem to be trying to be nice at the Dot, didn't she? Do you think Bianca's tough exterior guards a soft and chewy center?
- But... what does it say about her that she let Drew's demeaning rant roll off her back? And the "unless you have a better offer" thing... it's such a self-deprecating thing to say, when you think about it. 'I know I'm not much but, it's not like you can do any better,' basically.
I'm thinking Bianca really could have benefitted from that mandated self-esteem seminar. Even though that whole thing was still totally sexist. 'Cause, please... where was Drew's self-esteem seminar?
5) Ooh... DOES Drew really need a self-esteem seminar? His trouble with his grades; his self-destructive choices; the way he seems to really need the attention of girls to feel important... I'm seeing a pattern. Thoughts?
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Lisa
If you were wondering about any of the songs you heard on this week's Degrassi, here you go! Info on all the songs, including commentary from the Degrassi Music Team (the quotes in italics) about how those songs ended up there!
"The Fool" by Santa Clara
Bianca and Drew try to fit in at The Dot.
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"Tim Langley came across our radar and we shook hands in The Library Bar in Toronto's Royal York Hotel in 2009. Since then his band, Santa Clara, has taken off, and we're real happy to have their song in the show. The placement is awesome, over three scenes, tying them all together in a nice bow."
"Black Candles" by Kae Sun
When Riley wakes up and tries to talk to his mom.
"This is actually a very sad song -- go read the lyrics and find out what it's about. It's message merits investigation into the song and the artist, and it's tone and mood set it to Riley's scene, but the two have little else to do with each other. We really wanted Black Candles to see the light of day, and think the Degrassi fans will give it it's proper moment."
"Your Room" by The New Rags
While Bianca and Drew are talking to Ron Ron.
"The New Rags are a wicked fun indie band from NYC -- check out their rendition of "The Cascades". We needed some fun in the Ravine, but some edgy, non-linear fun, because we all know what everyone down there is up to..."
"Licence Plate Eyes" by Steve Poltz
While Drew and Bianca are hanging out in the ravine.
"We won't rag on Drew for taking shrooms -- that's between him and his mom (ouch). Instead, we'll try to get into his head -- and this song puts us right in that zone at that moment (for better or worse!). PSA moment: Drugs are bad. But Steve Poltz is awesome."