- Posted on 04/19/2011 by Lisa
Haiku poems are typically about nature, but since it's Degrassi Spirit Week, let's write about Degrassi instead! If you're not familiar with haiku, they're little poems that have five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables in the last line.
I wrote a few examples:
Where did Kendra go?
Spinner's little sister met
Degrassi's black hole.
Jenna and K.C. --
Imagine them as parents.
I'm scared for baby.
Season 10's big star
Had no lines to memorize.
Morty, we love you!
Post yours in the comments, or tweet them with the hashtag #degrassihaiku. We'll retweet a few of our faves.
- Posted on 04/19/2011 by Mary
"Hell, no risk of pregnancy? I'm in!" -- ???
Lulz... who do you think is stoked on not getting (or getting someone else) pregnant? Drop your guesses in the comments, and find out if you were right Friday night!
- Posted on 04/18/2011 by Mary
It's Day 1 of Degrassi Spirit Week, leading up to this Friday's season finale! First off, don't forget to Show Us Your Degrassi!
And secondly, here's a fresh Facebook taggable picture for you (complete with Zane). Which of your friends is the Clare, which is the Jenna, and who's a total Eli? Drop this on your Facebook and tag 'em up. (To grab this, right click or ctrl-click the image and choose "save image as" or similar.)
A new Degrassi taggable for Facebook!
Join us every day this week in the blog for new Degrassi Spirit Week activities!
- Posted on 04/18/2011 by Mary
Degrassi's Clare in Drop the World, pt. 2
Click here to see all of this week's sneak peek pictures from Drop the World, pt. 2... plenty of surprises to come, Friday night at 9!
- Posted on 04/17/2011 by Mary
As we lead into the season finale for Degrassi: In Too Deep, I've seen some people mentioning the Death card that Clare pulled waaaay back when in the carnival promo. Which reminded me that I totally snuck into the "fortune teller's tent" on the set of that shoot and took this picture, which I never got a chance to share with you. So here it is!
Degrassi Carnival Promo - The Death Tarot Card
And while looking for it, I also stumbled on these pics of everyone messing around with the giant snakes that were on set that day.
Degrassi's Aislinn Paul, Munro Chambers and some very large snakes
Degrassi's Charlotte Arnold, snake charmer.
TeenNick producer Joe P, rocking the snakes as they were intended to be rocked
Me, rocking the snakes with invisible but very real enthusiasm, I swear to God.
- Posted on 04/17/2011 by Mary
Here, use this OMG moment video clip to pretend that Tony Oller is singing you a song about how he can't get you out of his head.
Time well spent.
- Posted on 04/16/2011 by Mary
"This isn't about cravings and playlists, KC. This is REAL!"
Do you think Jenna was right to go off on KC, or is she being too hard on him?
Tons of great info on all of this week's Degrassi songs from their music supervisor! Check it out... (his quotes in italics).
"Sin City " by Kopek
From Eli's scene out in the abandoned church with Julia's picture.
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"This gritty rock track was begging for Eli to take out his shotgun. Another superb Eli moment, we're wondering what he's up to, and whether he really means to pull the trigger or not. 'Sin City' blows away all his reasoning, and we're left with the beast inside - and we're left wondering if Clare is next. "
"Amazing" by The Red Directors
From that first scene, as Eli goes to the bookstore to pick up his copy of Gothic Tales.
"The Red Directors had just started writing songs as a band when we found them. We had actually used this song in the background of episode 1038, and the editors and producers loved it so much they decided it was worth a superb feature use. The song's vibe and inspiration is perfect for Eli, his excitement, accomplishment, sheer joy! "
"This Kind of Love" by Latch Key Kid
The song Clare likes because it's "happy, like springtime."
"This musical moment went through some rigmarole, but in the end this song fit perfectly with what was happening. We are big fans of Latch Key Kid and we're really happy he's such a good fit with the show. Go back and listen to his track in the Degrassi Takes Manhattan special!"
"Heart of Gold" by You Say Party! We Say Die!
From the E-Clare "I think we need a breather" scene.
"We've been big fans of You Say Party! for a long while, then we realized their tracks would be perfect in the show, especially for such an emotional moment. The entire XXXX album (and the subsequent remixes) deserve to be heard - check out the whole album! "
- "Get You Out" by Jonathan Clay
- "Time to Wake Up" by Carly Patterson
You can hear samples of both songs over on the Gigantic page.
Next Friday, 4/22 (Earth Day!) is the season finale of Degrassi, and it's a doozy. Time to celebrate with...
Next week, here in the blog, we'll have new ways to celebrate Degrassi every day as we count down to the season finale.
In fact we can start it off right now...
Day 1 of Degrassi Spirit Week Spring 2011 issss... SHOW US YOUR DEGRASSI!
Take a picture of yourself dressed up as a Degrassi character; you and your friends acting out a critical scene; your Degrassi-covered bedroom walls or locker door; your Degrassi fan art... anything you can take a picture of that shows your Degrassi love, we want to see it!
Upload it to your TeenNick profile, and (IMPORTANT!) put a comment on this blog so we'll know to go look for it!
We'll post a bunch of them in the blog next week as Degrassi Spirit Week rolls on!
There, now you have no excuse to be bored this weekend... the possibilities are endless.
SPOILERS UNDERNEATH ME! Click here to watch Part 1 of Degrassi: In Too Deep "Drop the World", but if you're all watched up... let's talk about break-ups, bylines, the relativity of weirdness, and school dances.
Eli Goldsworthy is not amused.
1) Cast your votes. School dances, balloons, and banal top 40: "trivial" per Eli, or "fun" per Clare?
2) So, the things Eli was doing at the top of the episode... like giving Clare a byline on "Stalker Angel" without asking her, asking her mom for permission to take her to the goth lit con before confirming Clare wants to go... I've noticed that some people think he was being weird and pushy and overstepping his bounds, and others think he was being sweet and romantic. I can see how those actions can play out either way, mostly depending on the general vibe Clare was feeling toward him at the moment. I wonder: before the shotgun scene, did you think Eli was being creepy or sweet, AND, before this episode were you a member of the Eli Goldsworthy Estrogen Army or... not that into him?
3) I'm pretty worried about Eli at this point. You? And what do you think Clare should do about it all?
4) Sally J! Over! Who else is mourning this? I'm genuinely bummed. I liked her better with Sav than with Declan... (I'm on Team "I Think Declan Is Kind of Self-Centered and I'm Still Pissed about What Happened When He Came Back for the Drama Awards"). Are you pro-Sav, pro-Declan, or pro-Holly J just on her own, doing her own thing?
5) Dude, break-ups are the worst. For the dumpee and the dumper both. The way Holly J tried to kamikaze the relationship to avoid having to dump him... so human. Have you ever been dumped or dumped someone? How'd you handle it?