- Posted on 03/10/2011 by Mary
Remember all that vicious stuff Sav said to Alli? Yeah. So does Alli, apparently.
In general, do you think Alli deserves the "drama queen" rep she seems to have with her family? Or is her life genuinely just that dramatic?
- Posted on 03/10/2011 by Mary
You know how you guys are always saying you wish we'd show old '90s shows like All That, The Amanda Show, Pete and Pete?
Well... I don't know if you saw this article in EW yet but... we have good news.
TeenNick has big things planned for you... a nice, comfy programming block stuffed with retro '90s goodies. The line-up and start date and all those details aren't carved in stone yet but, it's certainly conceivable that shows like All That, The Amanda Show and The Adventures of Pete and Pete would show up in the mix.
Full details to come when things ARE carved in stone.
Chris Farley visits Keenan Thompson on All That... coming back soon to TeenNick
- Posted on 03/09/2011 by Mary
Check this vintage interview with Munro Chambers behind the scenes at his photo shoot. He tries to describe Eli's style and comes up with: "really dark... Gothic... in a way?"
It's not easy to label Eli, nor is there really any point to doing so, BUT, I'm bored so: if you had had had to describe Eli Goldsworthy's style, what would you call it?
I'm going with "Timberlake meets Psychobilly."
Munro Chambers as Eli Goldsworthy on Degrassi
- Posted on 03/08/2011 by Mary
"Great, just... try not to kill me, k?" -- ???
Who do you think is going to say it? More importantly, who are they instructing not to kill them? Place your bets in the comments...
- Posted on 03/07/2011 by Mary
Eli from Degrassi pouts with the sadness. Who made Eli so sad?
Bon Monday... it's sneak peek pics day!
Please, in the comments, describe the amount that your heart breaks seeing Eli look so saaaaaad.
- Posted on 03/06/2011 by Mary
Remember that time Bianca tried to be nice on Degrassi?
Welcome to TV Philosophy 101. Today's discussion topic:
Would you want to watch a show where you didn't hate any of the characters?
I was just noticing comments like these on the Degrassi board...
"I don't like [Bianca] AT ALL!!!! ...I can't stand her. And it's because of what happened with Drew in the boiler room. I don't even get why they have her on the show. She doesn't seem like a really big character other than her and Drew going out right now. I just don't get why they have to have her." - caitybug66 in this thread
"I'm not going to list everything that I dislike about [Jenna] because then I'd be typing for hours, but I hate that she was so judgmental towards Bianca. I would have to say Degrassi would do so much better without her." - nat in this thread
I can definitely see how like, hating a character means every time they show up on screen your blood curdles and you want to throw things and then that's not a pleasant experience... but then I can also see how a show about a high school where you liked everyone would be pretty snoozy. But then again, maybe there would still be plenty of conflict just from the trials and tribulations people go through...
I don't know, do you wish your most hated characters would just disappear, or do you think they give a certain flavor/realism/je ne sais quoi to the shows you love?
- Posted on 03/05/2011 by Mary
Whoa. Did you think you'd ever see the day when big brother Sav would LOSE IT on Alli like that?
On the boards, i<3eli said: "Wow and I thought Sav was on Alli's Side. Sav has made his own mistakes. Alli is really trying to become a better person, and I think it is going to be hard with Drew being friends with her brother. ...
This is like the same situation with Adam and Drew. Drew is betraying Adam by being with Bianca. The only difference is Adam isn't mad about it for some reason...."
Interesting points... why DO you think Adam isn't as mad at Drew as Alli is at Sav? I wonder if it has anything to do with how well Drew handled the Fiona situation when they both liked her...
And should Sav have stood by Alli on this one (and risked his music conservatory application), or does he deserve to live his own life and not have to kowtow to her baggage?
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Lisa
If you're wondering about any of the songs you heard on this week's Degrassi, here you go! The quotes in italics are commentary from the Degrassi Music Team about why they picked each song.
"Sally Moore" by The Dashing Suns
While Eli and Clare are in the hearse.
Check the Degrassi page for a sample.
"The Dashing Suns out of California know how to rock, and that retro guitar sound is just so darn appealing. A small debate ensued where we talked about having the song come from Morty's stereo, or have the song outside the characters' world. We decided to feature it, making you think it's going to be a fun-filled jovial episode, but we tricked you, because some pretty creepy stuff happens!"
"Come On Stomp!" by Thee Vicars
During the diaper competition.
"This UK band stomped into our hearts and into Degrassi -- just some good old-fashioned Britpop adding some energy to the baby-changing race."
"I'm Gonna Change Your Life" by The Thermals
While Fitz and Clare talk at The Dot
"The Thermals are like your high school chums, just a load of fun in a familiar setting. Even though this was a bit buried in the background it still deserves a mention, as the Producers really liked its message over Fitz and Clare. Some foreshadowing in this song -- maybe Fitz really has changed?"
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY FOR DEGRASSI LAGGERS. Click here to watch the full episode if you missed it, and then let's have a little chat shall we?
Eli Goldsworthy, Fitz's number one fan, on Degrassi: In Too Deep "Jesus, Etc., pt. 1"
1) So. Was Clare right to accept Fitz' apology? And... was she right to chastise Eli ("That's all you can say?") when he didn't accept Fitz' apology?
2) "As your boyfriend my job is to protect you." - Eli. Hmm... true or false? Whose job is it -- if anyone's -- to protect whom in a relationship?
3) "The day I met drew is the day this all started." - Alli. Again, hmm... true or false? Well, actually Sav already pointed out that it's false -- Drew didn't exactly tell Alli to send those pics to DiMarco, frintance. BUT, that said... what percentage of Alli's Life Problems do you think are directly or indirectly Drew's fault? If she had never met Drew, what do you think her life would be like today?
4) "Who's on bass, Valdemort?" - Alli. Haha. What would you have done in Sav's position? How much should Drew and Alli's past weigh in to his decision?
4b) Also, if you were Sav, and Drew was off the table as a possibility for drummers... would you have picked:
- "I'M GONNA ROCK" guy. (Was that who Sav meant by "the heavy metal dude"?)
- the bang bang bang bang bangbangbang bangbangbang girl
- stick-dropping bandana guy or
- the beat boxer
5) So, Jenna is approximately a bajillion months pregnant. At this point... perhaps whipping out a skateboard was a touch idiotic but, is KC right that they need to be squeezing out every last bit of pre-baby fun before their lives change forever? Or... has that ship already sailed, and their lives have already changed forever whether he likes it or not?
- Posted on 03/03/2011 by Lisa
Eli wants to finish his story, Clare wants to learn to drive... and Fitz? What does Fitz want? Watch the first scene of Friday's Degrassi right now:
Watch that sneak peek, and then tell me -- are you like "Eee! Fitz!" or "Ugh, Fitz."? TheDegrassiFanatic started an anti-Fitz thread on the Degrassi message board, but some of the posts defend him and call him "misunderstood."
For more of Fitz, Clare, and Eli, don't miss Jesus, Etc., pt. 1, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET on TeenNick!