Melinda's Beauty Blog: Five Minute Makeup Routine
You know and love Melinda Shankar as Alli Bhandari on Degrassi, but if you've followed her outside of the show, you've probably noticed she has a knack for style and beauty. We are so excited because Melinda has offered to share her image expertise with us in a brand-new beauty blog! Over the next few weeks, Melinda will periodically pop in to answer questions you sent us via Facebook and Twitter about hair, makeup, skincare and everything in between. She's taking to the blog to share all of her secrets, so stay tuned!
FAN QUESTION: I'm so lazy in the morning and I rarely have time to put on any makeup. Do you have a good five minute plan that I can follow?
Although we'd like to look red carpet ready every moment of the day, we simply don't have the time each morning to get that dolled up. I came up with a basic makeup routine to say "I care about my image..and my beauty sleep!"
1. A light liquid foundation that doubles as extra skin moisturizer to keep skin looking healthy and fresh. Apply it over your entire face with either a sponge, a foundation brush, or even with your own fingers!
2. A rosy pink creme lipstick. It's neutral but alive, a subtle touch of glam.
3. Optional: A skin-coloured eye shadow all over the lid (feel free to use shimmer or non shimmer options).
4. A healthy dose of mascara. On top of completing your makeup look, it will also open your eyes up giving the illusion that you're wide awake!
5. With a foundation or concealer 2 shades lighter than your skin tone, use your fingers and pat the product under your eyes to highlight and brighten up your look!
If you have extra time (for a bold touch): Liquid eyeliner on the top lid only, slightly winged out.
Et voila! A little more than a fresh face, but less than your party look!
Hailing from Canada's capital, Ottawa, Melinda Shankar joined the cast of Degrassi in its eighth season as Sav Bhandari's little sister, Alli. Prior to this, she did runway and print modeling. Melinda's passion for beauty has led her to a new position as CEO of Miss Conception image consulting.