Melinda's Beauty Blog: Essentials For Spring + Some Exciting KCA News!!
FAN QUESTION: What is the best way to prepare for spring?
In my opinion, the best way to prepare for spring is to be equipped with the essentials at all times!
1. A light jacket or cardigan: I know we're all eager to ditch the winter gear but there's nothing worse than ruining a cute outfit because you had to borrow your guy friend's jacket so you don't freeze to death.
2. Footwear: Rain boots, platform heel, or boots are a safe bet considering the inconsistent weather. Try to avoid stick heels until the ground is no longer mushy. We all want to show off our Christmas gift pumps (guilty), but you'll be regretting your decision once they're damaged!
3. Fashion accessory: Ever since I was a little girl, I make myself follow this fashion rule: No matter how casual or how fancy your outfit is, have one distinct "wow" factor piece. It doesn't have to be elaborate or expensive and can be as simple as scarves, rings, or a belt, but you'll be glad you did when you run into your crush after school!
4. Hair elastic: Sounds like an obvious one, but with these winter winds still holding on, you never know when you'll have to throw your hair up. Battling with your locks in public Medusa-style, isn't a cute look.
5. Last but not least, always carry a bold colour lipstick and mascara with you. It's an instant high fashion look in under three minutes for when you have a last-minute hangout. Brighten up your eyes and pucker up, spring is when our social lives pick up a little more as we can now bear the outdoors. Always be prepared!
I am so excited to announce that I'll be attending this year's Kids' Choice Awards --and you're coming with me! Look out for some fun details from me starting this Friday, March 21st. Next week I'll be blogging about how I'm getting ready for the big day, filling you in on everything from picking out the right dress to styling my hair to last-minute preparations. I'll also be live-tweeting at the show! It's going to be amazing!
Hailing from Canada's capital, Ottawa, Melinda Shankar joined the cast of Degrassi in its eighth season as Sav Bhandari's little sister, Alli. Prior to this, she did runway and print modeling. Melinda's passion for beauty has led her to a new position as CEO of Miss Conception image consulting.