Style Blog | TeenNick.com
- Posted on 02/20/2016 by TeenNickBlogger
Ready to take your pup's fashion through the WOOF? Learn how to make this totally paw-some doggy bowtie collar!
1. Grab your materials.
For this project, you'll need:
Needle and thread
2. Cut the fabric in one 8 x 14 in. rectangle and one 2.5 x 8 in. rectangle.
3. Fold the larger rectangle into the thirds (hot dog style) and then into thirds again the other way (hamburger style).
4. Fold the fabric in a zig-zag pattern to make the bowtie shape.
5. Pinch the middle of the bowtie and sew it up!
6. Grab your smaller rectangle of fabric to make the knot that goes around the center of the bowtie. Fold the fabric in thirds (hot dog style) and then in half (hamburger style).
7. Measure 1 inch from the fold and sew it up. Cut off the excess fabric. Then flip the knot inside out to hide the seam and slide onto the bowtie!
8. Lastly, to make the dog collar, take your dress shirt and cut along the interlining of the collar. Lose the rest of the shirt!
9. Slide the loop of the bowtie through the collar and button at the top.
And that's it! Check out the full how-to video below.
And for more of our fun DIY projects, head over to YouTube!
- Posted on 02/19/2016 by TeenNickBlogger
Tangled necklaces? Bye. This DIY jewelry frame is the perfect way to organize your favorite accessories!
1. Grab your materials!
For this project, you'll need:
2. Use the picture insert of the frame to trace your piece of cork and your foam board. Cut along the lines.
3. Remove the adhesive protection on the cork and paste it to the foam board.
4. Place your fabric pattern-side down on your work space, then place the cork board on top. Draw a two inch border on the fabric and cut it out.
5. Spray glue on top of the cork board and then apply the fabric.
6. Flip it over, spray glue the edges on the other side and seal up the excess fabric.
7. Insert the cork board into the picture frame.
8. Flip the board over and insert push pins into the cork. Hang your jewelry and voila!
Check out more fun DIY projects on the Nickelodeon YouTube!
- Posted on 02/17/2016 by TeenNickBlogger
It's time to take your phone case game to the next level.
1. Gather your materials.
For this project, you'll need:
Glitter (3 colors)
Glitter acrylic paint
Clear phone case
2. Apply acrylic glitter paint to a clear phone case using a foam brush. Let it dry overnight!
3. Once it's dry, place your patterned stencil on top of the phone case and spray glue over it.
4. Sprinkle each color of glitter on top of the stencil and pat it down with the foam brush to remove any lumps! Wait 30 minutes for the glitter to settle.
5. Remove the stencil and shake off any excess glitter. Seal it up with acrylic sealer and you're all done!
For more fun DIY projects, keep watching Awesome Flicks + DIY Tricks every night at 8, all this week!
- Posted on 02/16/2016 by TeenNickBlogger
It's green. It gooey. It's slimey. Make your own Alien Slime Popcorn by following these steps! Make sure to ask your parents for help!
1. Grab your ingredients.
For this project, you'll need the following:
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
2 cups marshmallows
Green and yellow food coloring
2. Combine the stick of butter, brown sugar and corn syrup into a skillet. Melt over medium heat.
3. Add the marshmallows. Stir until melted!
4. Add 2 drops of green food coloring and 2 drops of yellow food coloring.
5. Pop some popcorn!
6. Add the slime and stir.
Stick with us for more how-to guides! And keep watching Awesome Flicks + DIY Tricks every night at 8, all this week!
- Posted on 04/10/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
It's that magical time of year again: the dress-shopping, corsage-buying, and picture-taking phenomenon that is prom. You just can't wait, RIGHT?
For some people, the idea of the biggest dance in school isn't so magical. Whether that special date never came along, you hate dressing up, or you simply cringe at the thought of prom altogether, never fear! Instead of spending your energy dreading that "special" night, why not throw the BEST ANTI-PROM EVER?! We've come up with five fantastic ways to complete the task, so plan away.
1. Get Outta Town: Don't spend your prom night at home with your cat. Instead, grab a few friends, get away from the prom fuss, and escape to that fancy, new restaurant a few towns over or the nearest beach for the weekend--bonfire & roasted marshmallows, anyone?
2. Prom-Themed Movie Night: Rather than getting all dressed up and spending the night out, cozy up in your sweatpants, pop in the popcorn, and enjoy the hilarity that is prom from the comfort of your own home. You know there's nothing better than making fun of a hilariously terrible prom movie.
3. Create Your Own Magical Evening: While your classmates are dancing to the soothing tones of Iggy Azalea and Lil Jon, create an atmosphere that is truly beautiful and memorable for you and your date. Enjoy a delicious meal on a table outside, decorate your porch with string lights, and put together your favorite playlist. Heck, light a candle or two. You definitely won't miss the noisy chaos of "real" prom.
4. Never Grow Up: In lieu of completing the final teenage rite of passage, relive your childhood. Invite your friends over for a night of board games, junk food, and SpongeBob marathons. Break out the Play-Doh and Legos and rediscover the good old days when everything was magical.
5. Throw Your Own Bad Prom with Your Friends: Go to your local thrift store and pick out your favorite tacky '80s prom outfit (something colorful with a hideous pattern). Encourage everyone else to dress as ridiculously as possible. Hang a sheet on your wall and set up a photo booth to commemorate a night of fun, friends, hideous outfits, and awful music.
So what if prom's not your thing? Get out there and have a good time!
- Posted on 06/05/2014 by Rachel1016
Finals are done, grades are in, and it's time to graduate! From all of us at TeenNick, conGRADulations to all of the happy diplomates out there! And although we know that closing this very important chapter in your life can be bittersweet, forget the pomp and circumstance for a moment, and consider these five ways to upgrade your graduation cap and gown!
Multicolored, neon sneakers may not be a staple in everyone's wardrobe, but with an ensemble as uniform as a graduation cap and gown, fresh kicks can be just the polychromatic pop your outfit needs. Plus, this particular footwear is perfect for the ambitious grad who intends to do a cartwheel or a "Yippee!" high jump as he or she receives that coveted diploma.
You don't have to live in California or Hawaii to infuse a little island spirit into your graduation outfit. As the tradition goes, leis are presented to someone who is arriving or leaving, so it totally makes to wear beautiful flower necklaces to symbolize embarking upon the next stage of your life!
Whether your ceremony is outside on a field or in an air conditioned gym, pop on some bright, statement sunglasses (extra points for over-sized clown glasses) and your parents and teachers will know just how seriously you take this big milestone in your life.
Nail art is one of the subtler ways to upgrade a graduation outfit. Whether you opt for a simple accent nail or an all-out grad-themed design, your manicured tentacles are sure to add a little personality to an otherwise homogeneous look.
Mom, Dad and other important adults in your life did a lot to help you get where you are. Write a message of thanks on your cap so they can spot your gratitude in the crowd. Or celebrate your class by writing your graduation year in glitter, recall an inside joke with your best friend, or just decorate that thing however your baccalaureate heart desires!
Are you graduating this year? Tell us, what are you going to do to take your grad outfit to the next level?
- Posted on 05/11/2014 by Rachel1016
Wahhh, you guys! Prom is just around the corner and the prepping, prom-posing and primping is in full swing! Maybe you're the kind of gal who bought her prom dress back in October, orrr maybe you're like us, and wait until the very last minute to pull together the perfect ensemble (or should we say, PROM-semble?).
If you are looking for a little sartorial inspiration this prom season, we've taken it upon ourselves to gather four complete prom looks for you. Of course, these outfits are meant to merely guide your already stellar personal sense of style, so check out our vision boards below, and get ready for the best prom EVER!
Prom is kind of a big deal, so why hold back? Head-to-toe sequins and a glamorous gold floor-length gown will put the royal touch on an already-majestic eve. To really dress up your ensemble, add a pair of drop diamond earrings (side note: totally fake, totally fine) and a shimmering clutch. Get ready to turn heads, because there's no chance you'll get lost in the (Cupid) shuffle!
Is Audrey Hepburn your muse? Do the words "classic" or "timeless" come to mind when describing your personal style? Are you looking to re-purpose that Little Black Dress sitting in your closet? If you answered "Yes" to any of these questions, throw together a simple black frock, a string of pearls, some black pumps, and a metallic clutch—you've got an elegant, chic and totally economical prom look!
PRETTY IN PINK
A flora-inspired prom outfit is fun and whimsical without being too formal. Short dresses are totally acceptable for prom, and you can enhance your look with a loud color or fun pattern. It's a playful and charming take on the promenade, but a pair of drop earrings and cute up-do can easily add a little extra glam!
So, you're planning to name your Facebook album "Morp" because it's "Prom" backwards and you're just cool like that. If you think of prom as an opportunity to go against tradition and experiment with your style, then you might fancy the rebel-prom look—it's a perfect way to mix and match colors, patterns and materials! Who says you can't wear a leather moto jacket to the big dance? And sparkly oxfords? Wayyy more comfortable than heels.
Now, tell us! Which look do you like best? Which look could you most see yourself wearing? Take our quiz to see if your answer matches up!