Blog | TeenNick Top 10
- Posted on 10/13/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
Credit: Getty Images
Let's face it: there's no more "easing into" the school year. The syllabi have been read, the tests have been scheduled and the studying is about to commence. We know all too well the the alluring (but oh-so dangerous) rabbit hole of internet and its ability to yank our productivity. But with these few study break ideas, you'll get the energy and reprieve you need without wasting time watching kitten videos! Check 'em out.
1. Go for a walk. Even if it's just a lap around the library, get the blood flowing. We promise, not only will you feel energized, but that great thesis statement may just pop in your head mid-step!
2. Paint your nails.Even if you're not a master manicurist, painting your nails can be the perfect combination of a soothing and a self-pampering brain break. Step away from the small print textbook, and give your pretty paws a little love.
3. Have a snack. Trail mix and sliced apples with peanut butter are snackable gifts to the universe. Take advantage of the satisfying, stimulating, healthy snacks. Or if you're looking to reward yourself for a solid few hours of hard work, fill up your favorite mug with hot chocolate and tiny marshmallows for a perfect (almost) cold-weather treat.
4. Buy a coloring book. Don't you miss the days when your biggest concern was coloring in the lines? Take a break with this mindless, but still creative activity.
5. Have a dance party. Gather a few of your friends for a mental shakedown with your favorite energizing songs. If you need a little help finding some pump-up tunes, we've got a few TeenNick Top 10-approved suggestions for you.
What will you be doing to take a break while you study? Let us know your tips and tricks in the comments!
- Posted on 06/26/2014 by Rachel1016
TeenNick Top 10 fans, we have some BIG news! This Friday at 10pm ET on an all-new episode, pop star Rita Ora will visit Top 10 HQ for a special interview. This British PYT (Pretty Young Thing) has made a name for herself in the music world with hits like "Party (This Is How We Do)" and "I Will Never Let You Down," but did you know that Rita's fashion game is on point, too?
From casual street wear to glamorous red carpet ensembles, she uses fashion as another form of self expression -- and here at TeenNick Style, that's what we're all about. When she's rocking out on stage, you'll always find her making a statement. In honor of Rita's appearance on TeenNick Top 10 this Friday, check out her top ten most memorable, outrageous and downright AMAZE performance outfits!
Credit: Getty Images
A bodysuit may not be the most practical or inconspicuous off-stage ensemble, but for dancing around to a crowd of screaming fans? it's perfect. Plus, with those fresh sneakers, cartwheels and karate high kicks have never been easier.
Credit: Getty Images
In Tokyo, Rita took a tip from Japanese fashion in a baby-blue mini-dress accented with furry pom poms. And at last year's MTV Video Music Awards, she walked the red carpet in a show-stopping gown with a spectacular feathered train that went on for days. (Rumor has it, she needed an assistant just to help her move around!)
Credit: Getty Images
Color explosion! One thing's for sure, this girl is not afraid of hues. For a recent television performance, Rita danced around in an all-white mid-length dress while paint was splattered all over her. And at a 2012 concert in New York City, she opted for a bedazzled, almost-reflective skirt and jacket combo.
Credit: Getty Images
But just as well as she can do polychromatic, Rita's got the monochromatic look down, too. Simple and sleek in both an all-black and all-white ensemble (backpack included), this pop-star is totally versatile.
Credit: Getty Images
And finally, one of Rita Ora's signature looks: High fashion pieces paired with more casual street wear. Girl can rock a beanie OR a flat-brim baseball cap (and with a pom on top, because why not?) just like she can own a pair of army pants or white slacks with a pair of EYEBALLS on the thighs. *Fans self* *Drops mic*
Want to see more of Rita Ora and her fashionable self? Tune in to TeenNick Top 10 this Friday at 10pm ET!
- Posted on 06/06/2014 by Rachel1016
TeenNick Top 10 is back and we're celebrating Black Music Month! Tonight at 10pm ET, tune in for a very special countdown current hits and oldies-but-goodies from icons like Beyonce, TLC and Usher! Trust us, you will not want to miss some of these classic videos.
Not only is Chairman Nick Cannon is turning it up tonight with some legendary tunes, but he'll be joined by two celebrity guests. You ready for this? Hitmaker and heartbreaker, Jason Derulo will be in the house alongside star-in-the-making, Kreesha Turner!
After we reveal which iconic songs make tonight's Black Music Month countdown, we'll add all of them to our TeenNick Top 10 Spotify Playlist! In the meantime, jam out to ALL of the songs that have made it into TNT10 charts!
- Posted on 01/30/2014 by Rachel1016
Where will you be on February 2nd when the Seattle Seahawks face off against the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII? The pinnacle of sporting events is upon us, and we've made it our personal mission to give you everything you need for the best Super Bowl party ever!
Whether you're a devoted fan, or are just looking for an excuse to throw a fiesta in the dead of winter, check out all of the fun things we have lined up for football's biggest night. After all, this Sunday is considered to be a cherished American holiday! (No, we're not referring to Groundhog Day.)
TUNE IN TO TEENNICK TOP 10'S SUPER BOWL PARTY PLAYLIST SPECIAL
This Friday, January 31st at 10pm ET, we're getting the party started with a very special, totally amped-up, Super Bowl-themed episode of TeenNick Top 10!
New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz will join Nick Cannon for an exclusive countdown of all of the tunes to get you straight revved for The Big Game! That's right, we're talking anthems about teamwork, courage, and determination. Will Gaga make the cut? Is Eminem going to kick up the intensity? Will One Direction keep us motivated? Find out this Friday!
PLAY SUPER BOWL BINGO
Is your competitive spirit desperate to be unleashed? Print out these custom Super Bowl Bingo cards here and keep an eye on things that happen on and off the field! Get in the game because, who knows, you might go home a double winner!
WOW YOUR FRIENDS WITH THESE TOP 10 SUPER BOWL FUN FACTS
You don't have to be a football expert to impress your friends this Sunday. Quickly study these ten fun facts about the game and whip them out when you wanna show off your knowledge!
1. The Green Bay Packers were the first team to win the Super Bowl in 1967.
2. The Vince Lombardi trophy, which is awarded to the winning team every year, is named after the legendary coach who lead the Packers to that first Super Bowl Victory.
3. The longest field goal in Super Bowl history was scored by Steve Christie of the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXVIII against the Dallas Cowboys. The field goal was a whopping 54 yards long.
4. The Super Bowl is the only major sporting event to be measured in Roman numerals.
5. Holy guacamole! The Hass Avocado Board predicts that Super Bowl fans will consume a whopping 208 million avocados on Sunday.
6. This year is the first year the Super Bowl will take place outdoors in a cold weather city. Brrrr!
7. Opera singer Renee Fleming will sing the National Anthem at this year's game. She is the first opera singer to be awarded the honor!
8. No Super Bowl game has ever gone into overtime.
9. Super Bowl XLV in 2011 was the most viewed show in U.S. television history.
10. The Pittsburgh Steelers hold the record for the most Super Bowl victories, having won six times.
So, what will you be doing in preparation for Sunday? Let us know in the comments, and don't forget to catch TeenNick Top 10 this Friday, January 31st at 10pm ET!
- Posted on 12/27/2013 by Rachel1016
The Countdown to the New Year is ON! We're closing out 2013 by taking a look back at all of the amazing things that happened this year, and whether you've got big plans or are looking forward to a low-key hangout with your BBFs (furry and otherwise), we've got a few tips for making this New Year's one to remember!
And don't forget to join us for TeenNick Top 10's New Years Eve Countdown! Starting at 11pm ET on Tuesday, December 31st, special guests Echosmith and 4Count will join our Master of Ceremonies Mr. Nick Cannon for a night of music, memories, and FUN!
1.Decorate! New Year's Eve is one of the only acceptable holidays where using sparkles, glitter, and confetti in excess is allowed. String up the streamers, throw some confetti around, and blow up the balloons � the more color, the better!
2.Pile on NYE swag! What other time of year can you wear glasses, top hats, and chain necklaces with giant numbers on them? Yes, New Year's accessories are ridiculous and over the top, but if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
3. Make some noise! The louder, the better � it's time to celebrate! Grab those noisemakers, horns, hand clappers, whistles, blowouts, and party poppers and start 2014 on a loud note!
4. Dress up! Look, we love sweatpants as much as the next couch potato, but it's New Year's Eve. Why not slip on some fancy shoes, wear that nice crisp shirt, or sprinkle yourself in fun jewelry?! Or, if you're looking for something even subtler, swipe a little glitter on your face or mix it in with your nail polish or lip-gloss. Whether you're going out to a full-blown fancy party or ringing in the New Year from the comfort of your couch, those little additions will totally help put you in the spirit.
5. Dance! Whether you're a twerker, a mosher, or a sidestep shuffler, it's one of the best days of the year to dance like no one's watching! Play DJ and pick your favorite songs from the year OR have your friends each pick five songs and create an uber playlist that all will enjoy!
6. Chow down! Have some of your friends bring their favorite small dish to share. Crowd-pleasing thought starters include chips and dip, pigs in a blanket, or puppy chow! Not only will you spend less time prepping for the party but you'll be sure to have a great sampling of appetizers to keep everyone satisfied throughout the night.
7. Game on! Let's face it; everyone's got a little competitive spirit in them. Dust off those board games from the closet or show off your Dance Dance Revolution skills. Either way, your night is bound to end in laughs. It's a win-win!
8. Traditions for life! Did you know the Spaniards have a New Years Eve tradition of eating 12 grapes (one for every chime of the clock) at midnight? Or did you know that in Mexico, it' is tradition to write down a list of the bad events over the past 12 months and then throw it into a fire to help remove any negative energy at the start of 2014? Why not partake in some worldly traditions or make a new one up with your friends!
9. Capture the moment…and save it for the next day! Posting photos is so second nature now that sometimes we forget to actually live in the moment and enjoy it. When you're snapping pics, remember to put the phone down once in a while and enjoy your company. Post them the next day when people are more likely to see them�and when you can take your time choosing cool filters and writing funny captions.
10. Show the love! You know it's coming so there is no excuse to not be properly prepared when that midnight kiss comes along. Pop a mint, brush your teeth, apply that Chap Stick, do whatever you need to ensure that the first kiss (or hug with your BFF) of 2014 will be the best!
- Posted on 09/20/2013 by Rachel1016
It's not every week that we get so lucky to have two (well, technically, THREE) artists join us on TeenNick Top 10! This week, we pulled out all the stops to bring you special appearances by some of music's heaviest hitters. That's right, Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz and the dynamic/adorable duo, Tegan & Sara, will be in the house!
Join us tonight at 10PM ET, and don't forget to VOTE VOTE VOTE for your favorite videos!
Check out those pearly whites.
Hi Tegan! Hi Sara! *waves*
- Posted on 08/22/2013 by TeenNickBlogger
You might remember Fifth Harmony from their early days as individual contestants on the X Factor, but nowadays this girl group is taking the pop world by storm as TeenNick Top 10's Fresh Artist! Their equal parts high-octane and totally sweet girl-power sound have won over millions, and it's still only the beginning. We caught up with Normani, Ally, Lauren, Dinah, and Camila to talk about their forthcoming album, their loyal Harmonizers, and their surreal journey to stardom!Congratulations on being named TeenNick Top 10's Fresh Artist! What is going on in your busy lives this month?Normani: Thank you so much! I love me some TeenNick. This month has most definitely been our busiest thus far. We recently finished our first tour called "Harmonize America!" It was such a blast getting to meet the Harmonizers in person. We also attended the Teen Choice Awards & will be attending the VMAs. We're very excited to walk on the same carpet as our idols that we've looked up to since we were little girls.
Ally: Thank you! This month we are performing, attending the VMAs, and getting prepped for the Cher Lloyd tour!
Lauren: Well we're actually wrapping up our "Harmonize America" tour which was an incredible experience. We had so much traveling around the country together and meeting so many of our Harmonizers! We also have a lot of performances set up in the time between the end of this tour and the beginning of the "I Wish" tour with Cher Lloyd.
Camila: We just finished our "Harmonize America" tour which was incredible!!!! This week we'll be going to the VMAs so we're preparing ourselves for the cardiac arrest that'll come when we see all those people we look up to standing in front of us. Also we're about to start the "I Wish" tour with Cher Lloyd which is reeeeally exciting!At the beginning of the year, you were named the "Next Pop Superstar of 2013" by Popdust Magazine. How do you begin to process such a huge honor?Normani: It's such an honor to be named "Next Pop Superstar of 2013!" I've always voted for these kinds of things and bought magazines, but to actually be in it is amazing. I totally would not be able to say that a year ago. I love that our Harmonizers pushed and voted for us. Super dedicated!
Ally: It's disbelief honesty! We were up against some pretty talented acts, and for us to be named the Next "Pop Superstar of 2013" is pretty awesome!! We hope to take this year by storm :)
Lauren: It's not really something that ever sinks in but it is one of the coolest things that has happened to us considering that when we were named, we didn't have a single piece of original music out. It was amazing to see how much people believed in our project and how much our Harmonizers supported us even then.Camila: When you're honored with such a title as the next "Pop Superstar" by Popdust, it's one of those things where it sinks in a little that this is actually happening. As clich� as it sounds everything that's happening to us doesn't really seem like reality, it seems like we're all living in this dreamland where everything we never thought could happen, but wanted to happen, is happening. Getting such an honor was such a surreal thing, but it also makes it click for us that we have to work our butts off to make it happen.
Dinah: To be honest I never thought that any of this would or could ever happen to me, so it's hard to process a huge honor when it feels so surreal. Although I'm living my dream it still hasn't processed completely! It's an amazing feeling.Many of your YouTube covers have been praised by the original artists themselves, namely Ed Sheeran. What is it like having someone like Ed Sheeran applaud your work?Normani: It was absolutely amazing and felt unreal. We were actually in the recording studio when he tweeted us and we stopped, dropped & rolled haha. I replied and called him Mr. Ed Sheeran sir. It makes me happy to see humble people that are on his level of success. It really inspired us.
Ally: It's phenomenal. We look up to Ed so much. Personally, he has inspired me and blessed me with his music. I'm a huge fan. For him to compliment us is just insane and such a huge honor. We cried and screamed when we saw his tweet!!
Lauren: It's one of the best feelings in the world when someone you look up to so much applauds you for what you love to do. Ed Sheeran is one of my favorite artists so for him to compliment our arrangement and execution of his song Lego House was a surreal moment. I'll never forget.
Camila: I am not even joking when I say that (and all the girls can testify) I burst into tears when Ed saw our cover and said it was incredible. He is my favorite artist and for somebody that I look up to so much and is one of my biggest musical influences to say he liked the cover meant the world to the girls and me.
Dinah: I am speechless because to have people you look up to compliment us is the greatest feeling ever. I remember reading Ed Sheeran's tweet and immediately ran to Camila and Ally and screamed OMG HE TWEETED US!! He tweeted us! Even when I think back at that very moment the adrenaline and rush was so VELA! (Hot)Your debut single, "Miss Movin' On" is such a soulful, powerful girl-power pop anthem. What can your fans expect from your upcoming album?Normani: Our album comes out this fall and we can't wait until you guys are able to hear it. We worked super hard and we also co-wrote a lot of the songs and put in our input. The sound is fun, pop with hints of r&b vibes and a ton of vocals! We have a few girl anthem songs on the album as well #GirlPower.
Ally: They can expect a pop sound. Lots of fun and craziness, but also a range of vocals from all of us. We also co-wrote many of the songs, so our fans will have a piece of us.
Lauren: Well the album is a collection of fun, pop songs with soulful girl-power vocals on it haha. We also got the opportunity to co-write on a lot of the songs that make up our album, so that was a great learning and growing experience as artists.
Camila: We co-wrote a lot of the songs from the album which was an incredible experience for us. People will get a little piece of us when they listen, which is something we all admire in our favorite artists.
Dinah: I think the supporters should expect something fun, retro, relatable, girl power, energy and lots of LOVE.
What is the most surreal thing you have experienced as a group since the X Factor?Normani: Looking out into the audience and seeing how our music reflects on the people that support us to the fullest. Our fans go above and beyond for us. Also, getting to meet some of our idols. I nearly passed out when I saw Shay Mitchell haha.
Ally: The overwhelming amount of support from the Harmonizers. It's absolutely insane!!
Lauren: I think thus far, presenting at the Teen Choice Awards was one of the most surreal things. To have Demi introduce us on stage and then to present the Acuvue Inspire Award to Nick Jonas, who is a childhood icon of mine, was one of the craziest things that's ever happened to us.
Camila: It is a tad cruel for me to be able to narrow it down to one surreal moment. THIS WHOLE EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN ONE CONTINUOUS SURREAL MOMENT! Haha. I think the Teen Choice Awards was so surreal. Seeing literally everyone I'm obsessed with on the carpet and being a couple feet away from them and acting as if I weren't having heart palpitations was just insane.
Dinah: I think the most surreal thing is working with the best producers the best song writers and meeting all kinds of celebrities. And we are blessed with the BEST team of people it's definitely a blessing.You have an incredibly loyal fan base. What is the craziest thing you've seen, heard, or received from a Harmonizer?Normani: Well one time these girls ran like 5 minutes trying to keep up with our van haha and once I received a cut out picture of my face! Kinda scary�
Ally: Quite a few people have said that they have stopped self-harming because of us. It's astounding that we could have that kind of impact on people. That is why we do this, to help and inspire people. It's the best feeling in the world to know that we could help somebody like that.
Lauren: I don't think we've experienced anything too crazy, but one time a person ran after our bus for a good five blocks and like actually kept up with the car.
Camila: I think one of the craziest things I hear from harmonizers is when they tell us they've traveled thousands of miles just for a performance. We've met some people that have come from other countries just for us. It always shocks me.
Dinah: Well just recently a Harmonizer gave me a dinosaur suit! I thought that was so clever because my name is Dinah and they brought me a dinosaur suit lol.With all of the boy bands in the music scene right now, we're stoked you are making a name for girl groups out there! Which female artists have or continue to inspire you?Normani: It's such an amazing and beautiful opportunity to represent as inspire girls. We're all about girl power and strive to inspire and makes a difference. We're blessed to have this platform to allow us to do that YAAAY GIRL GROUPS. Beyonc�, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Jessie J, Rihanna, Janet Jackson, Brandy, Selena, Jennifer Lopez & Selena!
Ally: I love Selena Quintanilla, Beyonce, JLO and Adele!! They're all so talented in their own way and each has made a huge impact on the industry.
Lauren: I think one of my main inspirations artist-wise has been Lana Del Rey, because I love how original her sound is and I think her melodies are really cool. I also have developed this deep respect for an artist named Lorde because she's only 16 and writes all of her music and they're just so dope for lack of a better term. I think she's gonna take over the music scene soon. She's amazing.
Camila: Demi Lovato definitely inspires me in every sense of the word. I love how she's shared her story with the world to help other teen girls going through the same issues and how she gives people a piece of her through her music. In songs like, "For The Love of a Daughter" or "Warrior," she's completely honest with her fans. She's an incredible role model for girls and she's inspired me as a person and as an artist. She rocks.
Dinah: I am always inspired by Patty Labelle, One Direction, Cher Lloyd, Leona Lewis, Beyonce, Carrie Underwood and many more because they continue to reinvent themselves and I learn from them and hope one day to be like them one day...
- Posted on 08/09/2013 by Rachel1016Last week on TeenNick Top 10, we teamed up with Macy's to bring you ten fabulous back-to-school fashion trends for the fall. With everything from neon to grunge, we rounded up the best looks for hitting the books (and, of course, gossiping in the hallways). But this week, we're bringing you even more back-to-school style inspiration! What better way to see your favorite trends come to life than on young fashion bloggers who live and breathe style? We took a cruise through the interwebs and found three stellar girls who put their personal spin on our Top 10 Back-To-School Trends!AETHERLILY
Melanie, the creator of Aetherlily, has our Top 10 Back-To-School skirt trend down to a science. She wears her skirts long and flowy or short and sporty, using plaid flannels (hello, grunge trend!) to make for a tomboy look we can all get behind. And she's all about comfort, too! Every now and then, she'll trade her killer heels for trusty sneakers. From beach wear to street wear to rain wear, every look tells a different story!
Romanian teen style maven, Mary, is having a girly girl moment. Her whimsical, delicate pieces with muted pink coloring and lace accents channel our Top 10 trend, Great Romance. But whether you're an ultra femme or going for a more casual vibe, you'll find something to love at Teen Fashion Diary. She even has an advice column for teens who have questions about style!
Lauren, of Someone Like You, has an eye for all things vintage and vintage-inspired. She loves a 50s-style A-line dress, but also knows how to pair a motorcycle jacket with a maxi skirt, � la Motorcycle Diaries, one of our Top 10 trends! We're all about a nostalgic sweetheart with a knack for throwback, and we think this look deserves some extra-credit in History class._________________
Macy's Coupon Code: TNVGBTS or TNVGBTS1 for 20% off on Macy's BTS Saturday Teen Vogue event on 8/10 (offer valid only on 8/10).
- Posted on 08/02/2013 by Rachel1016
This week, TeenNick Top 10 and Macy's bring you the ultimate fusion of music and fashion. As a part of the TeenNick Top 10 Back To School special, we caught up with Teen Vogue's Senior Fashion Market Editor and resident trend-setter, Mary Kate Steinmiller, who teamed up with Macy's to bring us ten fabulous back to school trends! Check out all of the looks here!
TREND #1: GIRLS -- NEON
Neon is great for adding a pop of bright color to your outfit, but you mentioned that it's also a good idea to offset the brightness with more muted pieces. How do you know you've found the right balance?
Pick one statement neon piece, whether it be a top, jacket, jeans or an accessory and keep it at that. Neon works best in small doses and balanced with neutrals.
TREND #2: GUYS -- CAMOUFLAGE
For a look that is supposed to blend in, camouflage is great for making a statement. What are some accessories that complement this bold pattern?
Take the colors of classic camo and carry them out into your accessories. A solid army green baseball hat and tan colored worker boots make it cool.
TREND #3: GIRLS & GUYS -- PATTERNED TOPSWe see a lot of guys wearing patterned t-shirts, hoodies, and sneakers. What tips would give a girl who wants to rock the trend?
"Borrowed from the boys" is one of the greatest fashion "tricks." The key is picking your masculine item and keeping the rest of your look feminine. Colored sneakers look great with a floppy mini skirt and classic tee; a printed hoodie or tee looks cool with a colored skinny jean.
TREND #4: GIRLS -- MOTORCYCLE JACKETA motorcycle jacket is a staple for any biker-chic look. How would you pair a leather jacket during the early fall months when temperatures are still high?
A moto jacket is seasonless. I wear mine over a summer sundress when nights get cool, or I layer a faux fur vest under it in the cooler months. It's versatile, think of it as a layering piece, not just a jacket. I also love the look of a hoodie under a biker jacket.
TREND #5: GUYS -- DENIM/CHAMBRAYChambray has been everywhere recently. What are your thoughts on wearing chambray with jeans?
Denim on denim looks laid back cool when done right. Just remember not to match your denims perfectly. There should be a little hint of shade difference if you are wearing denim on the top and bottom, and if not the denim should be patchwork or embellished so you are not head to toe flat denim. I love a chambray shirt with white jeans.TREND #6: GIRLS -- GRUNGEGrunge is a trend that comes straight from the 90s. Sartorially, do you think the 90s are here to stay?
The exact grunge of the 90s stayed in the 90s, but the best elements of it may be here to stay. A worn-in plaid flannel, classic black combat boots and ripped up denim often return on the trend radar, especially this fall.TREND #7: GUYS & GIRLS -- PLAID FLANNELSPlaid flannel shirts are a must-have for guys, but how else can guys (or girls) work plaid into their overall look?
For girls I love a plaid flannel shirt over a floral baby doll dress and boys look cool in ripped worn in jeans and a classic white undershirt tee.
TREND #8: GIRLS -- GREAT ROMANCEGreat Romance is such a whimsical, delicate look. Could this trend be inspired by any historical eras or specific places around the world?
Great romance has a bit of a fashion fairy tale but nothing too perfect or pristine. More like a princess who has run away. A beautiful dress, but worn with a dreamy oversize knit sweater and a beanie hat to make it look a bit tattered.
TREND #9: GUYS -- AMERICAN FLAGContrary to popular belief, stars and striped aren't just for the 4th of July! What would you say to someone who's never rocked the patriotic look as a fall trend before?Take it in small doses, showing your patriotism can mean star print denim or just a red and white stripe tee. As long as you are not head to toe Americana, a piece of patriotism works in any outfit.
TREND #10: GIRLS -- SKIRTSSkirts come in all different lengths, shapes, and silhouettes. What is the go-to skirt style this fall?
The two must haves for fall hit both sides of the spectrum. For the girl embracing her inner grunge, it's a long and languid maxi skirt, preferably in a floral. For the girl who wants to show some leg, it's a short and sporty floppy mini skirt. Both can be worn with another must-have for the season, a crew neck sweatshirt. With the long gypsy skirt it's best to keep it oversize, and for the mini, wear it with a cool color-block crew neck that has a tinier fit.
There you have it! A jump-start on the best fall trends for Back To School! Don't forget to visit your local Macy's on Saturday, Aug. 10th for Teen Vogue Back-to-School Saturday, a one-day shopping extravaganza for the best deals on all these trends and everything you need for back to school! Plus, check out all the looks now at the Macy's Style Lab!
Macy's Coupon Code: TNVGBTS or TNVGBTS1 for 20% off on Macy's BTS Saturday Teen Vogue event on 8/10 (offer valid only on 8/10).
- Posted on 05/28/2013 by Lisa
Last Friday, Justin Timberlake took the #1 spot on the TeenNick Top 10 countdown with "Mirrors." Will he stay there? It depends how you VOTE.
Here's the full countdown from Friday, 5/24/13:
1. Justin Timberlake "Mirrors"
2. Demi Lovato "Heart Attack"
3. Big Time Rush "Like Nobody's Around"
4. Macklemore and Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton "Can't Hold Us"
5. Ariana Grande feat. Mac Miller "The Way"
6. Icona Pop feat. Charlie XCX "I Love It"
7. Will.I.Am feat. Justin Bieber "#thatPOWER"
8. Ed Sheeran "Lego House"
9. Taylor Swift "22"
10. Pitbull feat. Christina Aguilera "Feel This Moment"
This Friday on TeenNick Top 10, check out RaVaughn:
Which videos do you want to see on this week's show? GET YOUR VOTES IN, and tune in Friday at 10pm et / 7pm pt to watch Nick Cannon count down the top 10 music videos of the week. Don't forget: If you tweet about why you love your favorite videos using the hashtag #TeenNickTop10, we might use your tweet on TV!