Blog | adam
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW; watch the ep now if you haven't already. Then let's talk....
1) It was so hard to watch Clare ask questions like "Why do I have to suffer because they fell out of love?" -- questions that really just don't have any good answer. Did anyone out there with divorced parents feel pangs of recognition watching Clare go through this? What would you tell her if you could talk to her right now?
2) So very pleased to meet you, Bullfrog and Cece! Are Eli's parents anything like you expected? Also, would you freak out if you found out your bf/gf's ex used to live with them? Like in their room?
3) Clare and Eli are very different... do you think they're different in good ways, or ways that will pull them apart at some point?
4) Wow. Adam and Fiona on the steps... that was definitely some bonding going on. Who do you think makes a better boyfriend for Fiona, Drew or Adam?
5) So, Dave and Wesley. On the one hand... dude, Dave and Alli have so much in common, it's really a wonder they didn't end up together. Why can't people appreciate the friends they have rather than wanting "cooler" ones? On the OTHER hand... you know, Dave has some interests that Wes doesn't. It seems natural that he'd want some other friends, too. I guess the problem is when he tries to replace one with the other, instead of having lots of friends. What did you think of the Dave/Wes dynamic tonight?
- Posted on 10/25/2010 by Mary
Clare's family breakdown just gets more and more real...
Does Adam have a prayer with Fiona?
And what's going on with Dave?
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday = let's hear it for the boys!
Two nights until we get to see Eli again! And Drew! And Adam, and Wesley and... Owen... and ALL OF THEM IN STANDARD ISSUE KHAKI PANTS! Be still m'heart.
Of all the new Degrassi boys introduced this summer during the Boiling Point, who's your favorite? (As for these pics, I'm leaving Fitz out because of the whole "getting carted off in a cop car at the end of Vegas night" bit, and I reluctantly include Owen because he's so MEAN, but... I know some of you are into him and I guess Jay Hogart was fairly mean when we first met him, too.)
- Posted on 08/24/2010 by Mary
It's hard to be mad at Adam for his behavior a) after everything he's gone through and b) after he got literally thrown like a rag doll by his tormentors at Degrassi, including Fitz. But if there's anything we know well from watching Degrassi, it's that violence doesn't solve anything.
But Eli has shown himself to be from that "fight fire with fire" camp. Which raises the question... what would you have done in Eli's shoes?
- Posted on 08/23/2010 by Mary
GO RILEY! Say it loud, he's out and he's... pretty much proud! Still has a few issues to work on. He'll get there! We believe in you Riley! And a big "whatever", followed by the world's biggest, roundest eye roll to whoever put that on his locker. Homophobia is so last century.
Meanwhile: I'm guessing plenty of us have been in Adam's shoes... dealing with the magically Disappearing Friend Who's Totally Wrapped Up in a Girl/Guy. But when you're Adam, finding new trustworthy friends is an extra challenge. I'm wringing my hands over this whole Fitz thing... and that promo is not making me any calmer.
After what happened to Adam (and Drew) on tonight's episode, is Degrassi a safe place for a transgender student? Thursday night, Mrs. Torres meets with Principal Simpson -- and they don't exactly agree about what's best for Adam.
Tonight's OMG moment is a look at a typical morning for Adam and Drew before they leave for Degrassi. Watch it now.
I thought it was cute how Adam tried to help Drew get back together with Alli. "Jenna wants to see you in the photobooth." (Sure it's a lie, but just a little, romantic one... and it worked out so well!)
Adam usually stays out of the spotlight while his step-brother gets all the attention, but tonight, that changes in a big way. If you're one of the many fans who's been dying to know Adam's story, YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS tonight's Degrassi.
- Posted on 06/18/2010 by Mary
I'm sworn to secrecy, so maybe you should tell me what YOU think is up with these new Degrassi guys. What do you think their stories are, and which ones are you most excited to see in action on Degrassi: The Boiling Point... in July! So soon!
In alphabetical order...
One tiny bit of info: Adam and Drew are step-brothers.
One tiny bit of info: Drew's grades are not the best.
One tiny bit of info: Eli drives a hearse to school.
One tiny bit of info: Fitz might have a thing for smart girls.