Blog | alli
- Posted on 03/05/2011 by Mary
Whoa. Did you think you'd ever see the day when big brother Sav would LOSE IT on Alli like that?
On the boards, i<3eli said: "Wow and I thought Sav was on Alli's Side. Sav has made his own mistakes. Alli is really trying to become a better person, and I think it is going to be hard with Drew being friends with her brother. ...
This is like the same situation with Adam and Drew. Drew is betraying Adam by being with Bianca. The only difference is Adam isn't mad about it for some reason...."
Interesting points... why DO you think Adam isn't as mad at Drew as Alli is at Sav? I wonder if it has anything to do with how well Drew handled the Fiona situation when they both liked her...
And should Sav have stood by Alli on this one (and risked his music conservatory application), or does he deserve to live his own life and not have to kowtow to her baggage?
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY FOR DEGRASSI LAGGERS. Click here to watch the full episode if you missed it, and then let's have a little chat shall we?
Eli Goldsworthy, Fitz's number one fan, on Degrassi: In Too Deep "Jesus, Etc., pt. 1"
1) So. Was Clare right to accept Fitz' apology? And... was she right to chastise Eli ("That's all you can say?") when he didn't accept Fitz' apology?
2) "As your boyfriend my job is to protect you." - Eli. Hmm... true or false? Whose job is it -- if anyone's -- to protect whom in a relationship?
3) "The day I met drew is the day this all started." - Alli. Again, hmm... true or false? Well, actually Sav already pointed out that it's false -- Drew didn't exactly tell Alli to send those pics to DiMarco, frintance. BUT, that said... what percentage of Alli's Life Problems do you think are directly or indirectly Drew's fault? If she had never met Drew, what do you think her life would be like today?
4) "Who's on bass, Valdemort?" - Alli. Haha. What would you have done in Sav's position? How much should Drew and Alli's past weigh in to his decision?
4b) Also, if you were Sav, and Drew was off the table as a possibility for drummers... would you have picked:
- "I'M GONNA ROCK" guy. (Was that who Sav meant by "the heavy metal dude"?)
- the bang bang bang bang bangbangbang bangbangbang girl
- stick-dropping bandana guy or
- the beat boxer
5) So, Jenna is approximately a bajillion months pregnant. At this point... perhaps whipping out a skateboard was a touch idiotic but, is KC right that they need to be squeezing out every last bit of pre-baby fun before their lives change forever? Or... has that ship already sailed, and their lives have already changed forever whether he likes it or not?
- Posted on 02/27/2011 by Mary
"I have changed, but all this bad stuff keeps happening to me!"
Alli Bhandari and Malaika on Degrassi: In Too Deep
Oh, Ms. Alli. When her mom was just not buying the whole "It was Malaika's cigarette!" story, my fists were so clenched... there's nothing worse than being blamed for something you really truly didn't do. And it's true that Alli does seem to have grown up a lot.
But... it's also not like Alli's never done ANYTHING wrong...
How much do you think it's true that bad stuff "just keeps happening" to Alli, and how much of it is her fault -- does she invite trouble into her world?
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Mary
DON'T LET ME SPOIL YOUR DEGRASSI! I couldn't live with myself!
Click here to watch Degrassi: In Too Deep, "The Way We Get By, pt. 2" online in HD first. Then let's talk:
Riley Stavros on Degrassi: In Too Deep
1) Wow. The Stavros' reaction to Riley being gay is intense. And doesn't it shed SO MUCH light on why he had such a hard time accepting himself? The way his mom just wanted to straight up pretend this wasn't happening... it's exactly what Riley did for so long, isn't it? Thank God for Zane -- he had a good point that Riley's come a long way. Here's hoping he's right that Riley's parents will, too.
2) Bianca v Jenna. So interesting how comfortable and righteous Jenna feels in that judgy seat. I know for some of you this is like choosing between Satan and Other Satan, but... if you absolutely HAD to pick one to be friends with... who would it be?
3) When your friends hate your bf/gf. I guess in this instance, the friends are pretty right about the girlfriend being a problem. If your friends were openly anti-your-bf/gf, would it make you wonder about the bf/gf, or the friends?
4) Bianca. She said a line this week that I found endlessly fascinating:
"I'm not your judgy friends. So are you coming? Unless you have a better offer..."
- On the one hand, her lack of judginess IS refreshing. And she really did seem to be trying to be nice at the Dot, didn't she? Do you think Bianca's tough exterior guards a soft and chewy center?
- But... what does it say about her that she let Drew's demeaning rant roll off her back? And the "unless you have a better offer" thing... it's such a self-deprecating thing to say, when you think about it. 'I know I'm not much but, it's not like you can do any better,' basically.
I'm thinking Bianca really could have benefitted from that mandated self-esteem seminar. Even though that whole thing was still totally sexist. 'Cause, please... where was Drew's self-esteem seminar?
5) Ooh... DOES Drew really need a self-esteem seminar? His trouble with his grades; his self-destructive choices; the way he seems to really need the attention of girls to feel important... I'm seeing a pattern. Thoughts?
- Posted on 02/24/2011 by Lisa
Is Alli's new friendship with Malaika more trouble than it's worth? Check out the first scene of The Way We Get By, pt. 2 and decide for yourself:
Alli and Malaika do have a lot in common -- but is that a good thing? Where do you think their friendship is headed?
Want to see the rest of the episode? Watch TeenNick, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 02/07/2011 by Mary
One week 'til Valentine's Day + four days 'til new Degrassi = time for us to post thirteen unforgettable Degrassi kiss clips. Watch and learn.
Click here for the whole Degrassi: Best Kisses playlist!
Or start off with this appetizer, courtesy of Drew and Alli:
- Posted on 02/04/2011 by Mary
Someone had to take the title from Paige and Manny...
Think about it: this is basically the moment that Alli landed on the path out of Degrassi... sadness!
But! At least she'll be back on the show NEXT FRIDAY! A WEEK FROM TODAY! Oh, February, though you are cold and gray and you make me want to throw my snow boots off a very large cliff... I sure do love you anyway.
More OMG moments in today's playlist. And Degrassi: The Boiling Point is marathonized all weekend! Break out your softest sweatpants, it's gonna be a wild ride.
- Posted on 02/02/2011 by Mary
Alli's idea of a date is a movie; Drew... has other ideas. DCS's best butt-grabbing moment is at the top of today's Degrassi OMG Moment playlist:
Also in today's list:
- The Torres brothers sharing a bathroom in the morning ("I was never a girl, idiot!")
- Dave going pantsless to cheer Ms. Oh up
- KC explaining to Jenna that having a baby would just not be very convenient for him right now
- E-Clare's first kiss... the school-sanctioned one.
- And more... click here for the whole list!
Which of those moments is your favorite?
- Posted on 02/01/2011 by Mary
"I'm Alli Bhandari and this is... well, I am... Degrassi's Big D Dance Crew, WOOOoooo."
Today's OMG moments playlist features Dave's move-busting skillz, Zane showing the world how to stay classy when in verbal combat with a homophobic bully, KC getting all worked up over Jenna's wrists and sexy shoulders, a pig, Eli's nards, E-Clare's sparks, and Dolly J's break-up moment. It was a very busy Boiling Point. Click here for the whole list!
- Posted on 12/25/2010 by Mary
We at TeenNick wish you Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Happily Ever After Your Whole Life Long!
And, good news! We picked your names out of the Secret Santa hat, so here's your prezzie... a new Degrassi poster! It looks like this:
This way you can print those out and put 'em together to make your very own Deg-oration. Oh my God, I just said Deg-oration, clearly I need to stop working and go to Australia. Have a GREAT holiday, enjoy your winter break, I hope it snows only exactly as much as you want it to, and I hope all of your wishes come true forever. Unless you make bad wishes.
Enjoy your new poster!