Blog | alli
- Posted on 07/27/2010 by Mary
Dude, for all her complaining about needing more and better friends, Alli Bhandari already has probably the best friends in the universe.
Let's watch that Big D Dance Crewoooo throw down again, because it makes us happy. Click here to watch.
- Posted on 07/23/2010 by Mary
You saw the promo for next week... but let's start with Monday!
Why does Zane look sad? What did Riley do now? Dammit Riley!
And ummm, why is Alli wearing a Spirit Squad uniform from like four seasons ago?
- Posted on 04/16/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW... but if you saw the latest Degrassi episode, let's dish.
1) It just occurred to me: Jenna's only real friends were Alli and Clare who basically hate her now; and K.C. barely has friends either. They are marooned on relationship island, and is it me or is it already tense on like, day 2? What' s going to happen with them?
2) Fiona has issues. What was with that licking the coffee cup?
3) Though, I did go "Aww" when Declan said "When you're not happy, I'm not happy." Are you that close to your brother(s) or sister(s)?
4) Alli seems to want Clare to be more mad at K.C. than Clare actually is. She looked like she kinda wanted to be there for him when she realized he was going through such a hard time. Is that just the heartbreak talking, or do you think they can be real friends after what happened?
- Posted on 04/02/2010 by Mary
MASSIVE, DEGRASSI-RUINING SPOILERS ARE BELOW. I beg of you, do not read these questions 'til you've seen the episode ok? OK.
Now, for the prepared among us...
1) How do you think Sav should have handled the Farrah debacle? I can see why Holly J and Chantay were kind of clucking their tongues at Anya over it all, but at the same time, I kind of felt like Sav was handling it as best he could under the circumstances. How 'bout you?
2) And did you hate Farrah? 'Cause I kind of didn't. And I kind of felt like she might justifiably feel like "I saw him first," since she's been told she was going to marry him since she was a little kid.
3) Oh my God, in the last scene... Anya crying and having that talk with Sav? I wanted to die and then hug her and then die again. What an AMAZING performance by Samantha, that was so real my chest hurt. Maybe the best breakup scene ever on Degrassi? Your thoughts?
4) Do you think Sav was right to break up with Anya? I'm furious with her for lying about something SO incredibly life-altering and important, too. But I'm also kind of dumbfounded that he thought one simple question and a non-answer in the limo was an adequate birth control discussion.
5 ) Johnny DiMarco: "I guess you can't just choose your friends." Interesting take on life, eh? In a weird way, he kind of has a point...
6) Alli and Dave? Chemistry? Thoughts?
- Posted on 03/29/2010 by Lisa
Before the Kids' Choice Awards, I was on the orange carpet, posting live updates for nick.com, and I got to meet Melinda Shankar (Alli) and Sam Earle (K.C.) from Degrassi. It was the first time any of us had been at the KCAs, so we were all really excited to be there.
I got to talk to a bunch of celebrities, but I think I got the most excited to meet Melinda and Sam, just because I love watching them on Degrassi. If you're wondering, they were both so nice in person.
Don't they look great?
- Posted on 03/06/2010 by Lisa
sunsoaker3 got a big debate started on the message boards. She says, "Spinner is way too old to still be chillin around the high school crowd."
Some of the people posting seem to agree:
"I know I definitely think he should hang around with a crowd that's more his age." - krisl
"I think its quite sad that Spinner hasn't moved along like everyone else. Darcy left for Africa, Manny and Emma are in college, Paige and them are fully grown adults with their own lives and successes. Everyone is gone and I feel Spinner will be there in Toronto forever, even after Peter and them leave." - tweenkid
But others are sticking up for Spin:
"Well, he is dating a girl in high school, his band is still in high school, his best friend moved far away right after graduation, and he runs the Dot. What is supposed to do? Give up on everything and everyone he loves because they are all younger?" - jsi959
"I think you all must be forgetting that not everyone moves away after school. Not everyone goes off to college/joins a band/goes to Africa/etc. Spinner's situation is common, to be honest. I graduated in 07 and I haven't left my hometown. If all of your friends move away to do whatever it is that they're movin away to do, you'll eventually make new friends." - MrLWeegee
I didn't have anyone like Spinner around when I was in high school, but I sort of wish I had. It makes me wonder how many people are in that situation.
If you're in high school, are any of your good friends a few years older than you?
If you've graduated already, do you have any friends who are still in high school?
- Posted on 03/04/2010 by Mary
When your friend wants to get back together with the guy who fwded her naked pics and lied about being a virgin but she still loves him and he maybe still loves her and it's all very confusing and she wants advice (tonight, Degrassi, 10p et), are you the Clare friend, or the Jenna friend?
As in, are you the one who gives the reality checks and solid advice and tries to keep your friends out of trouble, but sometimes might come off as judgy?
Or the one who cheerleads for romantic ideals and experimenting with life and not being judgy, but sometimes maybe fails to avoid trouble?
Or somethin' else entirely?
Judge yourself in the comments...