Blog | anya
- Posted on 02/13/2011 by Mary
Dude. It's one thing having to tell your hot doctor boyfriend that you lied about being underage. It's another thing to have to do so with your MOM standing behind you with her arms folded.
Feel the cringe:
This too-awkward-for-words moment aside... we've always really liked Anya's mom. They have such a cute relationship... what do you guys think of her?
- Posted on 02/11/2011 by Mary
If you haven't watched the hour long premiere of Degrassi: In Too Deep.... one, what's wrong with you, and two, thank heavens you can watch the whole thing in HD on this site. What would you do without us?
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED MMKAY?
* FADAM! Orrr... not? What do you think of them as a couple? How angry do you think Fiona is about the whole intervention thing? How much better does he look in Declan's clothes than he did in the baggy stuff?
* Dr. Chris and Anya. Hrm. He's into LARPing! And Renaissance Faire! Match made in heaven. And also he's finished med school while she's not even out of high school. What do you think the prognosis is for their future? Does it creep you out that he's going to wait for her to be 18, or do you think it shows some dignity and respectability?
* Dave and Sadie. Aww, Dave! She's adorbs! We're so glad Dave finally met a girl and didn't completely permanently screw it up. What are your thoughts on taller girl/shorter guy couplings? (We here in TeenNick blog land are 100% pro, for what its worth.)
* "Everyone knows the rule is half your age plus seven." What are your personal limits for how much younger or older of a person you'd consider dating?
* "She'd kill me for giving this to you, but after all you've done..." Holly J!! You can't just go around handing out pages from people's journals to other people! Why were you even reading Fiona's journal in the first place?! Still... I'm glad Adam got to read that.
- Posted on 02/10/2011 by Mary
It's here, it's here! The sneak peek for Degrassi: In Too Deep! SKUH-WEEEEEEEE!
So... looks like Fiona has an excuse for her flake-age at Adam's (and Clare's and Eli's) party. Is it me, though, or does something seem... off? What are your theories?
FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9p ET! On TeenNick, but of course.
- Posted on 12/25/2010 by Mary
We at TeenNick wish you Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Happily Ever After Your Whole Life Long!
And, good news! We picked your names out of the Secret Santa hat, so here's your prezzie... a new Degrassi poster! It looks like this:
This way you can print those out and put 'em together to make your very own Deg-oration. Oh my God, I just said Deg-oration, clearly I need to stop working and go to Australia. Have a GREAT holiday, enjoy your winter break, I hope it snows only exactly as much as you want it to, and I hope all of your wishes come true forever. Unless you make bad wishes.
Enjoy your new poster!
- Posted on 11/12/2010 by Mary
Lordy lordy lordy. Classic Degrassi tonight. SPOILERS AHOY so don't read 'til you've watched -- here's the full Halo, pt. 1 episode for your convenience:
And now, let's break it down.
1) Wesley, Wesley, Wesley. Ohhh, Lord. Poor guy. You know what's weird? Basically every single person on the planet goes through puberty, and yet we're somehow still so embarrassed to talk about it -- and even go through it. I mean, not everyone has a wet dream at school but... I bet it's happened to someone, somewhere...
2) KC, so so not over Jenna. Do you guys think they should get back together? Does he deserve her, after the way he abandoned her?
3) Dude, Sav is basically the nicest guy in the world. I mean, he's not perfect but, for real, who else would offer to go to a girl-he-hardly-know's prenatal class with her just 'cause she was sad and lonely? You can't blame Jenna for falling for him... even if you can blame her for being an eensy weensy skeensy bit delusional.
4) Two girls enter; one girl leaves! Who would win in a fight: Holly J, armed with a razor wit, two rolls of crepe paper and a Zeno; or Jenna, armed with sheer ruthlessness, a bottle of prenatal vitamins, and the stick shift from her brother's truck?
- Posted on 08/02/2010 by Mary
First, a question: what was with Anya's "spinach and eggwhites" comment... was that a dig at Jenna, like it seemed to be? 'Caaause... girls commenting on other girls' bodies is so lame; I was kinda surprised to see that coming out of Anya. Maybe I misinterpreted?
Anyway, Jenna got plenty of good advice tonight from Chantay, but of course she listened to Bianca instead. Here's a sneak peek of how that goes for her:
- Posted on 05/07/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS! BELOW! DO NOT READ unless you've already watched the episode OK? If your eyeballs slip, I'm sorry.
Everyone else... we have much to discuss.
1) I feel like Declan handled Clare um, kissing his neck (out of nowhere) pretty amazingly suavely. Most people have a hard time even handling people they're not into having a crush on them. Could you be that cool if someone you didn't really see in that way was acting so ga-ga over you? < /p>
1b) Also, I think I might be starting to totally love Holly J. So, so big sisterly of her.
2) I find it interesting that Clare's feelings of guilt about her perfectly normal feelings toward Declan turned her right back into "judgy Clare." It's like she's judging herself, and then she turned it out wards onto Alli... what did you guys think of that whole interaction?
3) Have you ever had um "dreams" about someone you know that you were like "Whoa, what? Really? That person?" I know I have. I've heard that it's not really about the person in real life, it's just what they stand for in your mind. But that doesn't make it less freaky to wake up from one of those!
4) So, now Sav is going to make cat videos for a hobby? Whatever it takes... but dude needs a new crush. Who should be next for Sav?
5) So... real talk... do you think Anya really is a manipulative and dishonest person, and that Sav is right to be so pissed off at her?
6) Ahhh, Seven Minutes in Heaven. I had my first kiss during a game of Seven Minutes. What's your kissing game history?
- Posted on 04/03/2010 by Mary
You know, marrying for love is actually a relatively recent phenomenon -- marriage and monogamy have been about protecting property for a much longer time than they've been about snuggling in front of sunsets for life. The romantic notion of finding and keeping "The One" is modern -- and, based on the divorce rate, only partially successful. Meanwhile... check this out from a Scientific American podcast:
"There's even a study published in India but using an American love scale, called the Rubin Love Scale, that compared love in love marriages in India ... to love in arranged marriages. And in this particular study, love in the love marriages starts out very high. And then over time it decreases. ... And in the arranged marriages ... we see the love starting out relatively low. Because in so many cases the people barely know each other, sometimes they've had a half an hour of contact in total before they got married. And then it increases gradually, surpasses the love in the love marriages at about five years. And 10 years out it's twice as strong."
So basically, in India anyway, people who marry for love generally start out all gaga and then gradually get sick of each other, but people whose marriages are arranged generally start out kinda "ummm?" but then end up a lot happier than the love marriage people.
Food for thought, right?? I'm not saying I would want my parents to pick my spouse for me, but... it's made me feel a little less knee-jerk "GROSS!" about the idea of arranged marriage...
(BTW, if you're wondering, the "Rubin Love Scale" measures how much you agree with statements like "I feel that I can confide in my loved one about virtually everything" and "I find it easy to ignore my loved one's faults"... check out the whole loving and liking scales here, they're pretty interesting...)
- Posted on 04/02/2010 by Mary
MASSIVE, DEGRASSI-RUINING SPOILERS ARE BELOW. I beg of you, do not read these questions 'til you've seen the episode ok? OK.
Now, for the prepared among us...
1) How do you think Sav should have handled the Farrah debacle? I can see why Holly J and Chantay were kind of clucking their tongues at Anya over it all, but at the same time, I kind of felt like Sav was handling it as best he could under the circumstances. How 'bout you?
2) And did you hate Farrah? 'Cause I kind of didn't. And I kind of felt like she might justifiably feel like "I saw him first," since she's been told she was going to marry him since she was a little kid.
3) Oh my God, in the last scene... Anya crying and having that talk with Sav? I wanted to die and then hug her and then die again. What an AMAZING performance by Samantha, that was so real my chest hurt. Maybe the best breakup scene ever on Degrassi? Your thoughts?
4) Do you think Sav was right to break up with Anya? I'm furious with her for lying about something SO incredibly life-altering and important, too. But I'm also kind of dumbfounded that he thought one simple question and a non-answer in the limo was an adequate birth control discussion.
5 ) Johnny DiMarco: "I guess you can't just choose your friends." Interesting take on life, eh? In a weird way, he kind of has a point...
6) Alli and Dave? Chemistry? Thoughts?
- Posted on 03/12/2010 by Mary
Sav and Anya can find pretty much anything to bicker about...or, maybe more accurately, Anya can find anything to pick a fight about with Sav, and Sav can back down and put his tail between his legs on almost any topic.
Do you know any couples like that? ARE you any couples like that?