Blog | bianca
- Posted on 07/22/2011 by Mary
DREW AND BIANCA: It took some pretty extraordinary circumstances to do them in, but now it appears that Drianca are over. I talked to Luke Bilyk and Alicia Josipovic about the break-up, and they were as bummed as some of you guys out there about it:
Alicia: We were SO UPSET.
Luke: After we did that scene, we were like, "So, Stefan. We're getting back together, right?"... It was really rude of Drew to do that, especially after all that Bianca's done for Drew.
What do you think... was Drew rude? And do you think they'll get back together?
KC AND JENNA: So, Jenna's stuck in a pile of poo-protectors while KC gets to go to school -- and now a job -- with friends. How do you think things will go for them long term? Will Kenna figure it out and stay together until baby Tyson is old and gray?
ANYA AND OWEN: After a rough week, Anya is going for a sure thing. Do you think the fact that Owen is so into her will be good for her self-esteem? Or will he find some way to make things even worse?
ANNND CAKE. The mighty mighty Lumberjake has ambled into our lives, eaten Mrs. Edwards' food, and kissed Clare just to shut her up. Do you think he really is as "low drama" as he seems?
NEXT WEEK: We meet Imogen! And Katie! Plus some Ziley story, and two of my favorite eps from all of Now or Never.
And don't forget -- the Degrassi mobile game has already had its first update (and I officially suck at Degrassi skee ball... but I'm really good at making Eli like me.) It's only $0.99 in the app store at iTunes - just search for Degrassi.
- Posted on 07/21/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN "IDIOTEQUE" YET...
So, starting off with some of your reactions to the Ownya hook-up from last night:
"I personallly think Owen is kind of hot, but he is such a pig. So this can go many ways." - TEENTITAN6
"I actually like Owen. I mean he seems like a nice guy, but he puts all his nasty on the outside." - AIYA222
That's actually a really good way to put it Aiya222 -- and it's probably true of all bullies, mean girls, etc.. They "put their nasty on the outside" to protect their vulnerable spots on the inside. But... I still can't stomach the fact that he threw Zane in a dumpster, threw Adam through a glass door, and probably defaced Riley's locker. Until he owns up to the wrongness of that stuff, he's on my bad side -- tender wounded inner child or no.
Mostly, I'm really feeling for Anya in this whole situation. Your best friends are basically gossiping about you, you make a stupid facebook (sorry; facerange) move because you're too flustered to think, you're still reeling from having no post-high school destination and rejection from a great guy, and your consolation prize guy utters such sweet nothings as: "You're not too good for me, Anya." Yowwwch. Crappy sitch for Anya all around.
Speaking of crappy sitches: My Bianca sympathy meter went through the ROOF on this ep. Of course, I still don't forget what she did to Adam either. But I think her wounded inner child is on full display. When Drew dumped her... oh my God! You could see her struggling to keep a brave face and being so eerily good at it... like it's a skill she's perfected.
And so sad that Drew thought this would mean a fresh start. That didn't seem to turn out so well.
Actually, question: Do you blame Bianca for what happened to Drew?
Drew lying in the snow post-attack on Degrassi
- Posted on 07/18/2011 by Lisa
Drew and Bianca on the premiere of Degrassi: Now or Never
We threw a full hour of Degrassi at you tonight, and there was lots of "Now or Never" drama right off the bat. How are you holding up? What's going on in your Degrassi-loving head? Do you think Drew ultimately made the right choice?
What was your favorite scene in this episode? Without being too spoilery, I will say that I loved the moment where Drew and Adam were a room apart, but practically in separate worlds.
And how did you feel about the Keke stuff? If a cute, young musician came through your town to do a show, what do you think you would've done in Sav's situation?
Last question -- Can you believe we have MORE new Degrassi coming tomorrow? And the next day? And the next day? *my mind is blown*
- Posted on 04/22/2011 by Mary
SPOILAGE BELOW. Click here to watch the full "Drop the World, pt. 2" episode before reading any further!
Clare reacts to Eli on Degrassi: In Too Deep, Drop the World pt. 2
1) Well... those of us lucky enough not to get the finale spoiled for us sure did get a scare tonight... what did you think??
2) I know some people were feeling kind of anti-Clare because of her pulling away from Eli... but you've gotta admit, staying with someone out of fear for how they'll handle it probably is a horrible basis for a relationship. Given how unstable Eli was in these last two episodes... do you think Clare Clare really could have stayed with him?
3) I have to admit I kind of didn't get why Anya was so insistent that Holly J needed to know about Fiona's crush on her. Obviously spilling the beans behind her back was not the best Friend Move ever, but... do you think Anya was right that Holly J needed to know about the crush?
4) How would you handle it (or have you handled it) if someone whom you loved as a friend -- but whom you could never be romantically interested in -- had a crush on you?
5) You know, for some reason it only dawned on me in this episode, as I was wondering why Bianca was at the "bachelor party" -- Bianca has zero female friends. Unless those other girls in the background of the scene were friends of hers. I know some girls just prefer guys as friends... would you be comfortable at a party where you were the only girl/guy?
6) Eeeeee Degrassi's coming back this summer! High five!
- Posted on 03/06/2011 by Mary
Remember that time Bianca tried to be nice on Degrassi?
Welcome to TV Philosophy 101. Today's discussion topic:
Would you want to watch a show where you didn't hate any of the characters?
I was just noticing comments like these on the Degrassi board...
"I don't like [Bianca] AT ALL!!!! ...I can't stand her. And it's because of what happened with Drew in the boiler room. I don't even get why they have her on the show. She doesn't seem like a really big character other than her and Drew going out right now. I just don't get why they have to have her." - caitybug66 in this thread
"I'm not going to list everything that I dislike about [Jenna] because then I'd be typing for hours, but I hate that she was so judgmental towards Bianca. I would have to say Degrassi would do so much better without her." - nat in this thread
I can definitely see how like, hating a character means every time they show up on screen your blood curdles and you want to throw things and then that's not a pleasant experience... but then I can also see how a show about a high school where you liked everyone would be pretty snoozy. But then again, maybe there would still be plenty of conflict just from the trials and tribulations people go through...
I don't know, do you wish your most hated characters would just disappear, or do you think they give a certain flavor/realism/je ne sais quoi to the shows you love?
- Posted on 02/26/2011 by Mary
Hmm. Skipping the most important basketball game of the season to go hang out in the ravine with Bianca and Ron-Ron. Interesting choice, Drew.
Now that Drew's getting help, how do you think it'll go:
Bianca will drag Drew down with her
Drew will help Bianca be less self-destructive?
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Mary
DON'T LET ME SPOIL YOUR DEGRASSI! I couldn't live with myself!
Click here to watch Degrassi: In Too Deep, "The Way We Get By, pt. 2" online in HD first. Then let's talk:
Riley Stavros on Degrassi: In Too Deep
1) Wow. The Stavros' reaction to Riley being gay is intense. And doesn't it shed SO MUCH light on why he had such a hard time accepting himself? The way his mom just wanted to straight up pretend this wasn't happening... it's exactly what Riley did for so long, isn't it? Thank God for Zane -- he had a good point that Riley's come a long way. Here's hoping he's right that Riley's parents will, too.
2) Bianca v Jenna. So interesting how comfortable and righteous Jenna feels in that judgy seat. I know for some of you this is like choosing between Satan and Other Satan, but... if you absolutely HAD to pick one to be friends with... who would it be?
3) When your friends hate your bf/gf. I guess in this instance, the friends are pretty right about the girlfriend being a problem. If your friends were openly anti-your-bf/gf, would it make you wonder about the bf/gf, or the friends?
4) Bianca. She said a line this week that I found endlessly fascinating:
"I'm not your judgy friends. So are you coming? Unless you have a better offer..."
- On the one hand, her lack of judginess IS refreshing. And she really did seem to be trying to be nice at the Dot, didn't she? Do you think Bianca's tough exterior guards a soft and chewy center?
- But... what does it say about her that she let Drew's demeaning rant roll off her back? And the "unless you have a better offer" thing... it's such a self-deprecating thing to say, when you think about it. 'I know I'm not much but, it's not like you can do any better,' basically.
I'm thinking Bianca really could have benefitted from that mandated self-esteem seminar. Even though that whole thing was still totally sexist. 'Cause, please... where was Drew's self-esteem seminar?
5) Ooh... DOES Drew really need a self-esteem seminar? His trouble with his grades; his self-destructive choices; the way he seems to really need the attention of girls to feel important... I'm seeing a pattern. Thoughts?
- Posted on 02/18/2011 by Mary
If you didn't watch the new Degrassi: In Too Deep episode, go watch it now so we can process our feelings together.
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ALL CAUGHT UP ON TONIGHT'S EP.
OK. Let's process.
* Drianca? Brew? First of all what should Drew and Bianca's couple name be, but second of all: should they even be a couple? I guess one good thing is that she'll never let him walk all over her... and I don't know, ever since Bianca said she might want to be a jewelry maker in that self esteem seminar... I've kind of been like, "maybe she's human?" What's your take?
* ZILEY!. Eek. How bad do you think this is going to be in the Stavros household?
* "Sometimes being a good boyfriend means doing things that suck." Ain't it the truth -- and sometimes being a good girlfriend means doing things that suck, too. What are your personal limits -- how much would you be willing to compromise on activities you find boring or scary or lame, if it mattered to your bf/gf?
* Also, dig the haircut, Riley. Nice work, Anya.
* Is it me, or is Jenna the judgiest pregnant teen ever? Or do you feel like she has a right to judge Bianca, just because Bianca is so completely beyond the pale?
* This Malaika girl. I'm pretty sure I don't trust her. Why can't Alli find a nice Clare-type at the Beechwood Private Preparatory School for Young Ladies?
- Posted on 02/14/2011 by Mary
- Posted on 02/04/2011 by Mary
Someone had to take the title from Paige and Manny...
Think about it: this is basically the moment that Alli landed on the path out of Degrassi... sadness!
But! At least she'll be back on the show NEXT FRIDAY! A WEEK FROM TODAY! Oh, February, though you are cold and gray and you make me want to throw my snow boots off a very large cliff... I sure do love you anyway.
More OMG moments in today's playlist. And Degrassi: The Boiling Point is marathonized all weekend! Break out your softest sweatpants, it's gonna be a wild ride.