Blog | clare
- Posted on 10/15/2010 by Mary
Ummm. So... well, first SPOILERS BELOW if you haven't watched Love Lockdown pt. 1 yet. (It'll be online soon, don't worry.) Everyone else:
1) What just happened with Holly J and Declan? What are your thoughts? I was gripping the sides of my chair and just... upset but confused and flabbergasted and confused and upset. I don't think Declan is an evil person -- at ALL -- but that really, really upset me, personally. What was your reaction to that last scene?
2) Oh God. What about Sav? Ohhh man.
3) Did you see that glint in Clare's eye when she realized her parents were united in opposition to her piercing? Ruh roh...
4) Here's how we know Eli truly, truly cares for Clare: he's worried her parents won't like him. What's the opposite of a red flag, a green flag? Well then that right there is what we call a new boyfriend green flag. Eli... your perfection is simply intoxicating.
5) Haha, as much as I felt bad for Chantay fighting the good fight to save a Spirit Squad no one else seems to care about... I probably would have felt pretty meh if the cheerleading squad (if you could call it that) got disbanded in high school. What clubs would you fight to save if Simpson shut them down?
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
"OMG" does not even begin to cover it. Let's attempt to break things down...
IS Degrassi out of hand?? Do you think Simpson is right to be completely at his wits' end after tonight? Do the students of Degrassi need a totally different environment? Or are they just another high school? (It's funny... there's sort of a perpetual debate in the message boards about whether Degrassi is tamer than a real high school, or completely off-the-wall bonkers. Which side do you fall on?)
Eli and Clare. OK. First of all, thank GOD he's alive. Second of all... what do you think the future holds for these two? Do you think Eli really learned his lesson tonight... or is he going to be even more angry and vengeful about being put through that?
Drew and Alli: Opinions on whether Drew is a good guy or a bad guy seem mixed... what's yours? (Mine is that he's neither good nor bad... he's a human teenager who makes super, super-dumb choices sometimes.) Also: that whole thing between Alli and Mrs. Torres... I have known sooo many moms of teenagers who are like that. They think their kid can do no wrong, so their friends take the fallout when everyone gets in trouble together. Sucks.
Holly J and Sav: Daaaag, girl! I have to say: Charlotte Arnold is probably my favorite young actress in the world. The subtle stuff happening on her face in that scene... she is one talented lady. And she looked really pretty tonight, and I dig her and Sav together. You?
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
Mr. Simpson said he trusts Sav and Holly J to make sure the Night in Vegas dance is 100% problem-free. What could possibly go wrong?
If the look on Mrs. Torres' face is any indication... pretty much everything.
Because after tomorrow night... Degrassi will never be the same again.
- Posted on 08/25/2010 by Mary
I'd say Eli got an A+ on that there French exam, yes? Please, feel free to watch Eli kiss Clare again. And perhaps again. And I suppose you could watch it again after that. Forty times would be weird though.
...But not that weird.
- Posted on 08/18/2010 by Mary
I'm sooo confused.
But probably only half as confused as Clare, who actually felt the warm, soft touch of Eli's lips on her own before he went completely bafflingly cold, which, what the hell??
I guess if he's gonna be baffling, at least he has the decency to look good doing it:
- Posted on 08/18/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 08/17/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 08/06/2010 by Mary
So much Degrassi, so little time to really dig into the details all week! Luckily it's Friday catch-up night... this week's episodes will air again tonight starting at 9p et. Let's talk about what all happened since Monday
Eli: What is Eli's DEAL? What do you think is going on with him? And do you think Clare is going to get frustrated enough to lose interest? (Not that she's interested. Of course.)
Holly J and Declan: Buh! Do you think she was right to break up with him? The money thing was interesting -- when people have different amounts of money to mess around with, it can be difficult to figure out a way to hang out that's cool for both of you. Have you ever run into weirdness about money with a friend?
Sav: What advice would you give him about dealing with his parents totally unrealistic demands -- should he go outright rebellion, or just waiting until college to start being his own person?
Jenna: It seems to me -- like with the whole Jenna thing , and KC's reaction to it -- that girls are so much more critical of their own and each other's bodies than guys are of girls' bodies. What IS that?
- Posted on 08/04/2010 by Mary
I don't know if our dude friends are going to be all that stoked that we isolated this clip... but it definitely made us go "Oh my GOD" when it happened.
Anyway, do you think Clare is right that the more Eli tries to even the score, the worse it's going to get? Or do you think he should keep fighting back?
- Posted on 07/30/2010 by Mary
Friday night = catch up night -- if you missed any eps this week or just want to treat yourself to two hours of uninterrupted, gently-used Degrassi, 9pm et is where it's at. Man, a lot happened this week... Zane trying out for football was only four days ago! So let's review:
Riley and Zane:Think they'll last? What do you forecast for them?
Riley: Do you think he'll come out in high school, or wait 'til college?
Alli: That desperate bid for the social life of her dreams was odd, but... does she actually have a point about needing more friends? Clare is always hyper-busy (and will probably disappear onto Love Island with Eli soon); Dave has a crush on her which is fine but... that can be really hard on a friendship. She might have more in common with Connor and Wesley than she cares to admit, but I can also see how she would want some people around her that she has more in common with. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Alli and Drew: Can she tame him?
KC: Are you happy about him reuniting with his mom? What's your take on her?
Clare and Eli: Squeee! Oh also, I clipped this little snippet from a Degrassi script for you... it's Clare's writing assignment about her parents fighting.