Blog | clare
- Posted on 08/17/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 08/06/2010 by Mary
So much Degrassi, so little time to really dig into the details all week! Luckily it's Friday catch-up night... this week's episodes will air again tonight starting at 9p et. Let's talk about what all happened since Monday
Eli: What is Eli's DEAL? What do you think is going on with him? And do you think Clare is going to get frustrated enough to lose interest? (Not that she's interested. Of course.)
Holly J and Declan: Buh! Do you think she was right to break up with him? The money thing was interesting -- when people have different amounts of money to mess around with, it can be difficult to figure out a way to hang out that's cool for both of you. Have you ever run into weirdness about money with a friend?
Sav: What advice would you give him about dealing with his parents totally unrealistic demands -- should he go outright rebellion, or just waiting until college to start being his own person?
Jenna: It seems to me -- like with the whole Jenna thing , and KC's reaction to it -- that girls are so much more critical of their own and each other's bodies than guys are of girls' bodies. What IS that?
- Posted on 08/04/2010 by Mary
I don't know if our dude friends are going to be all that stoked that we isolated this clip... but it definitely made us go "Oh my GOD" when it happened.
Anyway, do you think Clare is right that the more Eli tries to even the score, the worse it's going to get? Or do you think he should keep fighting back?
- Posted on 07/30/2010 by Mary
Friday night = catch up night -- if you missed any eps this week or just want to treat yourself to two hours of uninterrupted, gently-used Degrassi, 9pm et is where it's at. Man, a lot happened this week... Zane trying out for football was only four days ago! So let's review:
Riley and Zane:Think they'll last? What do you forecast for them?
Riley: Do you think he'll come out in high school, or wait 'til college?
Alli: That desperate bid for the social life of her dreams was odd, but... does she actually have a point about needing more friends? Clare is always hyper-busy (and will probably disappear onto Love Island with Eli soon); Dave has a crush on her which is fine but... that can be really hard on a friendship. She might have more in common with Connor and Wesley than she cares to admit, but I can also see how she would want some people around her that she has more in common with. I don't know, what do you guys think?
Alli and Drew: Can she tame him?
KC: Are you happy about him reuniting with his mom? What's your take on her?
Clare and Eli: Squeee! Oh also, I clipped this little snippet from a Degrassi script for you... it's Clare's writing assignment about her parents fighting.
- Posted on 07/28/2010 by Mary
Alllmost k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Sigh.
Those two loooove each other. This is gonna be good.
Here, please enjoy this pic of Eli giving Clare his soft-eyed, "I totally and completely dig you" look that would make any girl's heart melt. Probably worth printing out and saving for this fall's locker. That crooked little smile... I die!
And, you can click it (or here) to watch video of Clare and Eli's fireworks go pshew pshew pshew all over again. (PS yes I know that fireworks go boom and not pshew but these are little fireworks! Little baby fireworks 'cause it's just the beginning!)
- Posted on 07/27/2010 by Mary
So I guess that's it... no more QB1 for Riley. Is it me or, at the end, did Drew look like he felt a little oogy about what he had just done?
Anyway, those of you who were bummed on the conspicuous lack of E-Clare in Monday and Tuesday's eps... have we got the Degrassi for you! Tomorrow night at 9 et.
- Posted on 07/23/2010 by Mary
Wait can we talk about Clare's most badassest moment evar from tonight's Degrassi? First, let's relive the magic by watching it again, and again, and again.
Now. How badass was that? Let me count the ways:
1) My hand to God, when she said "Neither am I Jenna...", I thought she was gonna say "Jackass." But not Clare! Clare is too classy for that! That is how badass she is... she told someone off thoroughly without using ANY BAD WORDS!
2) "If I wanted KC back, I wouldn't need fake boobs to get him." Ooooooooh, burn Jenna!
3) "They can think what they want." DEAR WORLD: CLARE EDWARDS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PROVE TO ANYONE. TEAM CLARE! TEAM CLARE!
- Posted on 05/07/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS! BELOW! DO NOT READ unless you've already watched the episode OK? If your eyeballs slip, I'm sorry.
Everyone else... we have much to discuss.
1) I feel like Declan handled Clare um, kissing his neck (out of nowhere) pretty amazingly suavely. Most people have a hard time even handling people they're not into having a crush on them. Could you be that cool if someone you didn't really see in that way was acting so ga-ga over you? < /p>
1b) Also, I think I might be starting to totally love Holly J. So, so big sisterly of her.
2) I find it interesting that Clare's feelings of guilt about her perfectly normal feelings toward Declan turned her right back into "judgy Clare." It's like she's judging herself, and then she turned it out wards onto Alli... what did you guys think of that whole interaction?
3) Have you ever had um "dreams" about someone you know that you were like "Whoa, what? Really? That person?" I know I have. I've heard that it's not really about the person in real life, it's just what they stand for in your mind. But that doesn't make it less freaky to wake up from one of those!
4) So, now Sav is going to make cat videos for a hobby? Whatever it takes... but dude needs a new crush. Who should be next for Sav?
5) So... real talk... do you think Anya really is a manipulative and dishonest person, and that Sav is right to be so pissed off at her?
6) Ahhh, Seven Minutes in Heaven. I had my first kiss during a game of Seven Minutes. What's your kissing game history?
- Posted on 05/03/2010 by Mary
I was just thinking...
On Degrassi, Clare can sometimes seem younger than some of her friends: less experienced, more "innocent" -- just buying a black bra was like whoa for her.
But other times she seems older than everyone: less impulsive, a little wiser -- she's the kind of person who will give you the smart advice, not just the "omg, you're so right" treatment. And she's doing way-beyond-her-years academic work.
Would you say Clare is more mature than the other students at Degrassi... or less mature?
- Posted on 04/30/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW! SKIP THIS if you haven't watched the new Degrassi episode!
Otherwise, let's dish:
1) GO PETER! Doing the right thing, taking care of business! It's about time! Did you think he had it in him?
2) Peter's so right, every town needs cool all-ages place to see shows and hang out. Too many places are 18+ an 21+ even though it's the under-18s who love music the MOST. Do you have a place to go for all-ages music? (Oh wait, look... if you're not sure, check this directory of all-ages venues across the country! So psyched this exists!)
3) I want Tuscany to change my life :( Have you ever traveled anywhere interesting?
4) I love that Clare bought a black bra just to have, just for her own private knowledge. I wonder if Mrs. Edwards will freak, haha. What's your parents' stance on sexy underwear for someone your age?
5) You know, one of the things that sucks the most about high school is that if you ever have a break-up, you're probably going to have to see your ex and their new bf/gf in action all the time. Once you're out of school, it's so much easier to avoid that visual. Have you ever had to watch an ex indulge in PDA with your replacement?