Blog | clare
- Posted on 07/28/2010 by Mary
Alllmost k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Sigh.
Those two loooove each other. This is gonna be good.
Here, please enjoy this pic of Eli giving Clare his soft-eyed, "I totally and completely dig you" look that would make any girl's heart melt. Probably worth printing out and saving for this fall's locker. That crooked little smile... I die!
And, you can click it (or here) to watch video of Clare and Eli's fireworks go pshew pshew pshew all over again. (PS yes I know that fireworks go boom and not pshew but these are little fireworks! Little baby fireworks 'cause it's just the beginning!)
- Posted on 07/27/2010 by Mary
So I guess that's it... no more QB1 for Riley. Is it me or, at the end, did Drew look like he felt a little oogy about what he had just done?
Anyway, those of you who were bummed on the conspicuous lack of E-Clare in Monday and Tuesday's eps... have we got the Degrassi for you! Tomorrow night at 9 et.
- Posted on 07/23/2010 by Mary
Wait can we talk about Clare's most badassest moment evar from tonight's Degrassi? First, let's relive the magic by watching it again, and again, and again.
Now. How badass was that? Let me count the ways:
1) My hand to God, when she said "Neither am I Jenna...", I thought she was gonna say "Jackass." But not Clare! Clare is too classy for that! That is how badass she is... she told someone off thoroughly without using ANY BAD WORDS!
2) "If I wanted KC back, I wouldn't need fake boobs to get him." Ooooooooh, burn Jenna!
3) "They can think what they want." DEAR WORLD: CLARE EDWARDS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PROVE TO ANYONE. TEAM CLARE! TEAM CLARE!
- Posted on 05/13/2010 by Mary
We asked Sam some of our questions, and some of your questions. As usual, he was very tight-lipped and monosyllabic.
When you doodle, what do you draw?
Strictly hearts and rainbows. p>
What do you think makes a good Degrassi episode?
Dealing with relevant teen issues is a big staple of the show and the impact they can have on a lot of our audience is always remarkable and rewarding. But personally, if a story line is natural and understated, regardless of the subject matter, it will draw me in and have me involved in the worlds of the characters. Because the show revolves so much around relationships (whether they be romantic, friendly, or otherwise), the fate of an episode really entirely depends on how well these relationships are handled, by the writers as well as by the actors, who can truly make or break them. Like I said, when a relationship is well taken care of, only then can I really relate to the characters, which is not always easy being someone who is so tight with the actors who play them.
When it comes to these ambitious and topical episodes, I prefer the magnetic over the charismatic, something that draws the viewer in on their own terms, provoking reactions and opinions, transforming them into an active and thoughtful member of the discussion that the episode begins.
Halloween asks: "Do you go to a real school? If so is it like Degrassi?"
Yes I do! Don't know why people assume I'm some kind of underage drifter - I get plenty of breaks from filming. As for my (public, normal(ish), not full of actors) school, there's a small student body, and we don't have a ravine for our dirty business, so it might be a bit tame in comparison.
senmusic asks: " Who is your best friend on set?"
Panther, the really fat cat. The cast is alright (so much love it hurts).
Speaking of set cats, the other one, Noggin, is in the hospital. She's suffering from an identity crisis, too many name changes.
Oh and I think there was something about "eruption of the anal gland", might be a contributing factor, I dunno. But wish him well everyone!
And also from senmusic: "Did you originally audition for the character that you play?"
Yup. Good old KC, smooth-talker with a nasty past. I even remember some of the scene (never actually included), to Clare, who at first is all "no kissing 'til college", but then looks like she "wants to stick her tongue down my throat" when we both go to pick up a dropped pencil and share a tense moment locking eyes. It was a fun scene, something a little sketchy about running it over and over with my Mom though...
icegirl111 asks: "How do you feel about KC and Clare breaking up?"
At the time I think I might've been too young and foolish to grasp the long term consequences of what was going down, the only thing running through my head was "Oh cool! A nice meaty Clare scene!" I remember reading it for the first time in a read through. I always get almost embarrassingly invested in the scripts while I read them, and so I glanced up at the end and I remember seeing Ace throw me this look that was all "Dayumm son!", and [me] kinda just smiling back blankly, shrugging it off a little, assuming that however things went, KC and Clare wouldn't just vanish from each other's lives so abruptly. The truth is, I came on to this show as a part of Clare's storyline, and as an actor, I assumed nothing beyond my role as a love interest of hers. So even as KC has gone off and done his own thing, and continues to do so, that element of attachment to Clare as a character has always stuck with me. KC can do whatever stupid crap he wants, but if he doesn't seriously acknowledge the debt he owes to Miss Edwards somewhere down the line, I'mma break his nose (never been punched in the face, never punched someone in the face, so two birds with one stone!).
- Posted on 05/07/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS! BELOW! DO NOT READ unless you've already watched the episode OK? If your eyeballs slip, I'm sorry.
Everyone else... we have much to discuss.
1) I feel like Declan handled Clare um, kissing his neck (out of nowhere) pretty amazingly suavely. Most people have a hard time even handling people they're not into having a crush on them. Could you be that cool if someone you didn't really see in that way was acting so ga-ga over you? < /p>
1b) Also, I think I might be starting to totally love Holly J. So, so big sisterly of her.
2) I find it interesting that Clare's feelings of guilt about her perfectly normal feelings toward Declan turned her right back into "judgy Clare." It's like she's judging herself, and then she turned it out wards onto Alli... what did you guys think of that whole interaction?
3) Have you ever had um "dreams" about someone you know that you were like "Whoa, what? Really? That person?" I know I have. I've heard that it's not really about the person in real life, it's just what they stand for in your mind. But that doesn't make it less freaky to wake up from one of those!
4) So, now Sav is going to make cat videos for a hobby? Whatever it takes... but dude needs a new crush. Who should be next for Sav?
5) So... real talk... do you think Anya really is a manipulative and dishonest person, and that Sav is right to be so pissed off at her?
6) Ahhh, Seven Minutes in Heaven. I had my first kiss during a game of Seven Minutes. What's your kissing game history?
- Posted on 05/03/2010 by Mary
I was just thinking...
On Degrassi, Clare can sometimes seem younger than some of her friends: less experienced, more "innocent" -- just buying a black bra was like whoa for her.
But other times she seems older than everyone: less impulsive, a little wiser -- she's the kind of person who will give you the smart advice, not just the "omg, you're so right" treatment. And she's doing way-beyond-her-years academic work.
Would you say Clare is more mature than the other students at Degrassi... or less mature?
- Posted on 04/30/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW! SKIP THIS if you haven't watched the new Degrassi episode!
Otherwise, let's dish:
1) GO PETER! Doing the right thing, taking care of business! It's about time! Did you think he had it in him?
2) Peter's so right, every town needs cool all-ages place to see shows and hang out. Too many places are 18+ an 21+ even though it's the under-18s who love music the MOST. Do you have a place to go for all-ages music? (Oh wait, look... if you're not sure, check this directory of all-ages venues across the country! So psyched this exists!)
3) I want Tuscany to change my life :( Have you ever traveled anywhere interesting?
4) I love that Clare bought a black bra just to have, just for her own private knowledge. I wonder if Mrs. Edwards will freak, haha. What's your parents' stance on sexy underwear for someone your age?
5) You know, one of the things that sucks the most about high school is that if you ever have a break-up, you're probably going to have to see your ex and their new bf/gf in action all the time. Once you're out of school, it's so much easier to avoid that visual. Have you ever had to watch an ex indulge in PDA with your replacement?
- Posted on 04/16/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW... but if you saw the latest Degrassi episode, let's dish.
1) It just occurred to me: Jenna's only real friends were Alli and Clare who basically hate her now; and K.C. barely has friends either. They are marooned on relationship island, and is it me or is it already tense on like, day 2? What' s going to happen with them?
2) Fiona has issues. What was with that licking the coffee cup?
3) Though, I did go "Aww" when Declan said "When you're not happy, I'm not happy." Are you that close to your brother(s) or sister(s)?
4) Alli seems to want Clare to be more mad at K.C. than Clare actually is. She looked like she kinda wanted to be there for him when she realized he was going through such a hard time. Is that just the heartbreak talking, or do you think they can be real friends after what happened?
- Posted on 04/09/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW for those who haven't watched the episode yet, so skip this until you've seen it.
Everyone else, let's talk about Jenna behind her back:
1) Show of hands... do you think Jenna and K.C. make a better couple than Clare and K.C.? And what should we call them... Kenna? J.C.?
2) So, do you think Jenna stole K.C., or that he and Clare were going to break up anyway, or what? Where, if anywhere, do you think Jenna crossed the line?
3) And should Clare be more mad at K.C. or Jenna?
4) Dude. That coach creeps me out in the biggest possible way. What the hell.
5) Poor Marco. Would you be scared to teach a high school class? Or do you think it would be fun?
6) Hey Jenna. Your buttcrack's showing.
- Posted on 03/26/2010 by Mary
Who's the Emma in your group of friends, and who's the Manny? Who's the Declan and who's the Holly J? We made some Degrassi photo grids for you to grab and tag your friends on facebook, or wheresoever you prefer tagging your friends. (And invite them over for brand new episodes April 2 at 9p et omg!)
Way too many people have graced the halls of Degrassi for one grid, so:
Here's the "new school" version: Holly J, Declan, Fiona, Clare, K.C., Jenna, Sav, Anya, etc.
And here's the "old school" version: Manny, Ellie, Paige, Marco, Ashley, Emma, Craig, Sean, Jay, Heather Sinclair, etc.