Blog | clarissa explains it all
- Posted on 10/06/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
Halloween is less than a month away and here at TeenNick, we're looking forward to the big night by throwing it back two decades. The '90s were a magical time when the only thing orange was an iguana (or soda!) and inspirational quotes came from Uncle Tito, not Instagram.
Take a dip into the archive of iconic '90s characters from All That!, Rocket Power, Rugrats, Kenan & Kel and more by playing our Vine game below! Tap on one of the images to find out who you should be on All Hallows Eve!
- Posted on 05/29/2014 by Rachel1016
Oh hey, '90s fans. Grab your Tomagotchis, lace up your Airwalks, and throw it on back to a time when neon fanny packs, over-sized flannel shirts, backward baseball caps, and explosions of color reigned supreme. You know you loved the ridiculousness of '90s fashion, so we rounded up some of our favorite moments from '90s Nick shows to demonstrate just how sartorially EPIC its characters were!
Take a look at the outfits from shows like Clarissa Explains It All, Hey Dude!, Alex Mack, Salute Your Shorts, Doug and more, and you'll see that memorable fashion is just one of of the many reasons the '90s were, indeed, all that.
Gypsy sleeves and patchwork denim? Yes, please. Clarissa taught us many a lesson about owning your personal style.
The over-sized khaki shorts and all-denim-everything look of the Hey Dude era definitely contributed to our dreams of living on a ranch.
We just have two words for you: bucket hat.
Want to see more wacky and totally awesome outfits? Check out the rest of our favorite '90s fashion moments here!
- Posted on 10/22/2013 by Rachel1016
All Hallows Eve is fast approaching, and you've got some decisions to make. Chief among them is this: WHICH TeenNick character will inspire your costume?
When it comes to a TeenNick costume, the options run deep. Whether you want to throw it back with iconic '90s characters from shows like All That, Rugrats, and Kenan & Kel, or keep it current with your favorite Degrassians, we're bound to find the trick to your treat!
Play our vine below, and click on one of the images to find out who you should be!
- Posted on 08/15/2013 by Rachel1016
Clarissa Darling has the answers to all of life's hard-pressed questions. And with the beginning of the school year fast approaching, her wisdom will make your transition from the beach to the books a little bit easier. In honor of TeenNick's Snickiversary this Saturday, August 17th, when Clarissa returns to TV for ONE special night, we thought it only appropriate to seek out back-to-school tips from the girl who can, indeed, explain it all!
1. Be daring with your outfit choices. Hallway? More like runway.
2. If you see your crush walking toward you, remain calm.
3. Every school has haters, but you know who your real friends are!
4. Dental hygiene is never a bad idea. Especially when it's egg roll day.
5. When homework starts to pile on, figure out what motivates you.
6. But don't forget to take a study break every once in a while! Exercise is the key to a healthy brain.
source: nickelodeonmemories.tumblr.com7. And sometimes, "eeny, meeny, miny, moe" is a valid test taking strategy. source: tiffow.tumblr.com8. When the bus comes late for the 23487th time, remember that patience is a virtue. source: unsophisticated-dodo.tumblr.com
9. Plus, let's be real, you might be getting a little bored of summer.
10. A new school year can be nerve racking. But at the end of the day, it's all good!