Blog | clothes
- Posted on 06/05/2010 by Mary
I am just not a thonger. I only own one thong anymore, a pair of Manowar buttfloss that my old boss bought me (not like that. It was a joke).
I have thought about thongs, I have sampled thongs, I have friends who swear by thongs... but I do not thong.
Do you have any?
Do you actually wear the ones you have? If yes, why?
And if yes, do you constantly want to pick a wedge?
Please, share with me your deepest most innermost thoughts about thongs.
- Posted on 05/30/2010 by Mary
Kelly Henderson from Harsh Designs gave me this tip at the Degrassi carnival shoot -- if you find a cute vintage or thrift prom dress and want to customize it, you could always turn it into a bubble skirt (kind of like Zoe Saldana's wearing in that picture). Here's how:
1) When you have your dress (probably one that's not already super short), buy a shorter skirt made out of jersey fabric -- a somewhat fitted one, rather than a circle skirt.
2) Then sew the bottoms of the skirts together, gathering the fabric of the outer dress to fit the jersey skirt (somewhat symmetrically -- kind of like pleats, but you don't have to be militant about the measurements). Experiment with pins first to make sure you like how it bubbles out.
3) You just wear the jersey skirt waistline around your waist with the dress over it; the bottom of the outer dress will be pulled into a bubble shape.