Blog | dating
- Posted on 09/11/2014 by TeenNickBlogger
It's the can't eat, can't sleep, can't focus in Algebra kinda stuff.
1. SCENIC ROUTE: On your way to English, you take a detour through the Physics hallway just in case your crush is at his locker, which you know is in the Physics hallway. A successful drive-by could be a huge development in your relationship.
2. DAY DREAMIN': While Mrs. Allen is going on and on about Punnett Squares, you helplessly imagine yourself boogieing down with your crush at Homecoming. After, of course, he asks you to go with him in the cutest way possible.
3. PICKING PETALS: "He Likes Me, He Likes Me Not" is played in your head constantly. And every time you lose, you grant yourself countless do-overs.
4. BUZZZ: You freak out whenever your phone vibrates, because it might be your crush. And when you realize it's just a push notification from your weather app, you legitimately feel like your phone has wronged you.
5. WAIT, HE USED HOW MANY EXCLAMATION POINTS?: Butttt if your crush does text you, you over analyze any and all punctuation they use. Because we all know "Hey" and "Hey!!" mean entirely different things.
6. QUICK, LOOK AWAY: You've mastered the art of casually, but hastily, looking away when your crush catches you staring.
7. CIA (CRUSH INTELLIGENCE AGENCY): You've sufficiently stalked your crush's social media pages to find out everything there is to know about them without, you know, talking to them.
8. BUTTERFINGERS: Except you've accidentally liked an old photo of theirs, revealing just how long you've been stalking them. And when it happens, you freak out, but you also know you were tempting fate all along.
9. WHAT A WASTE: If you wear a nice outfit to school and your crush is absent, it's all for naught. In fact, you're so bummed, you may consider outfit repeating.
10. EPIPHANY: After all the craziness is said and done, you realize that having a crush on someone is totallly normal. Even if your crush (for some silly reason) doesn't end up liking you back, just feeling these feelings means you're a human with emotion and not a cold, heartless cyborg. And if that's not a win I don't know what is.
If you want to catch more crush-related fun, tune in to TeenNick's Date Night this Friday at 9pm ET for a mini-marathon of your favorite lovey-dovey episodes of iCarly! It all leads up to the TeenNick premiere of John Tucker Must Die next week! Don't miss a beat!
- Posted on 05/15/2013 by Lisa
Behind the scenes of Life With Boys, we asked Madison Pettis (Allie), "What do you do when boys crush on you?" Watch her answer:
Two new episodes of Life With Boys premiere on TeenNick tonight at 9 and 9:30pm et / 6 and 6:30pm pt. The first episode, "Double Trouble with Boys," includes a guest appearance by Emily Osment!
Don't forget: You can watch full episodes of Life With Boys online after they air. Go to the video page, and click on "full episodes."
- Posted on 05/03/2013 by Lisa
The winner of this week's Fan Favorite Friday poll is Sean and Emma's first date, as seen in "Friday Night." (Eclare's first date was a close second.) Watch the full episode of "Friday Night" online:
Sean and Emma are my all-time favorite Degrassi couple, and I love getting to revisit the episode where they first got together. It's crazy to think that even a soulmate-level relationship like theirs begins with the line, "Maybe we could hang out."
Next week, we've got another poll coming your way! Like Degrassi on Facebook so you won't miss out.
- Posted on 05/02/2013 by Lisa
Our Twitter followers chose this week's topic and nominated their favorite episodes. Your voting options include these tumultuous first dates:
Holly J and Declan
Eli and Clare
Cam and Maya
As I'm writing this, Emma and Sean's first date (from way back in season one) is leading by a few votes. I'm surprised that Manny and Craig's first date isn't getting much support. I loved the way "Take My Breath Away" showed the same date from two different perspectives. Vote for your favorite first date now, and come back on Friday to watch the full episode featuring the winning date!
- Posted on 02/13/2013 by Lisa
- Posted on 02/12/2013 by LisaHere's Jonathan:
Jonathan takes a look at Life With Boys
Tess Foster is living her life with boys, but I'm living my life AS a boy -- imagine that! Tess may not have her own bathroom yet, but it seems as if she has definitely learned a few things from the three annoying brothers she has to live with. She's the only girl on the wrestling team and even though the head cheerleader, Kaylee, calls her a "boy-girl freak," I think she should stay on the team. Ladies, take notes: some guys want their girls to be a little rough. Why else do you think the blond guy was checking Tess out right after she viciously mutilated Allie's muffin?!?
Remember when you were too young to spell and your parents would tell you that if a boy was mean to you, he likes you? It sounds crazy, but they weren't lying. The girls who were the meanest to me in grade school ending up confessing their love for me sometime before my high school graduation -- I kid you not! This is exactly why Tess' genius brother, Sam, should not have fallen for Kaylee's attempt to get him to do her science project. Sam doesn't need to do extra work to impress her. Even if she doesn't realize it yet, deep down inside, she might already have feelings for him.
Even though Tess and Sam shared a womb, they are definitely two different creatures! Forget their genders for a second. Overall, are you more attracted to people like Tess, who are aggressive and strong? Or would you prefer someone like Sam, who's super smart?
What matters more to YOU -- strength or smarts? Vote in the comments!
Don't forget: Two new episodes of Life With Boys premiere Wednesday, starting at 8pm et!
- Posted on 02/06/2013 by Lisa
- Posted on 12/28/2012 by Lisa
In this Life with Boys promo, Tess (Torri Webster) says there's a simple trick to get boys to like you:
Do you agree with her advice (even if she doesn't seem to follow it AT ALL in that clip)? I get what she's saying, but if you act like you don't care, the person might also think you're not interested, and that's no good.
My best love advice is very similar to the classic relationship tip, "Be yourself." That can be tricky advice to follow if you have low self-esteem, so here's another way to think about it: Don't pretend to be something you're not. If you change yourself (or fake an interest in something) to impress someone else, they're going to figure it out eventually... and who wants a relationship that's based on a lie? Nobody.
What's the best love advice you've ever received? Got any tips for attracting a crush? Please share them in the comments for those of us who are love-challenged.
p.s. Life with Boys is coming to TeenNick in February, but you can sneak a peek at a special holiday episode tonight at 9pm et!
- Posted on 04/21/2011 by Lisa
If you can't possibly wait till tomorrow to see the first scene of Drop the World, pt. 2... here you go.
If you were Clare, how bad would you be freaking out right now?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 04/14/2011 by Mary
OK. Here's one of the many things I find interesting about this scene. Aside from Eli's intensity and Clare's starting to feel a little... smothered-y...
If Eli were dating someone other than Clare, I can easily see a less self-assured girlfriend being like, "Oh uh, OK, I guess we'll do your version of life and I'll skip the dance that I actually kind of wanted to go to because you think it's trivial. Maybe you're right? Maybe balloons are banal? I don't know."
But then again... I can't see Eli dating that kind of girl anyway. The reason he likes Clare is the same reason she's able to say, "If you're not interested, don't come."
How about you... are you comfortable standing up for the things you want to do, even when your friends or bf/gfs make fun of them?