Blog | degrassi
- Posted on 11/11/2010 by Mary
Check out the first scene of this Friday night's brand new Degrassi... Simpson's finally letting the beleaguered, downtrodden students of DCS have a dance!
- Posted on 11/08/2010 by Mary
More new Degrassi this week! Just one ep before the fall finale...
Can Adam really keep Fiona's attention?
What did Wesley just say to Connor and Dave?
And... well, place your bets on what's going on with Jenna and Sav...
I have to say, I find this scene more romantic, warm, sweet, and loving than any kiss scene. It's just... it's one of THOSE hugs. One of those hugs when you know you just got really, truly closer to a person, by either really allowing yourself to be emotionally vulnerable to them, or by being there for someone who was vulnerable to you.
Have you ever had one of those hugs?
E-Clare's relationship makes me really, really happy.
SPOILLLLLLLARRRSSS inside so don't click 'til you've watched the ep here it is if you need it.) Everyone who's all watched up... let's talk:
* You know, Drew definitely did not do right by Alli at Vegas night, but... I've got to hand it to him for being a pretty great brother. I remember when he first came on and was giving Riley static, it seemed like he was going to be a certain kind of dude, but I guess we know now that he's definitely more complex than that. What's your take on him?
* When you think about what really had to be going on in Eli's room -- I mean, when someone's a hoarder, it's not just piles of paper and clothes we're talking about, it's like... food wrappers -- could you be as awesome a gf/bf as Clare was to him? I feel like she showed him some seriously mature amounts of unconditional love in this episode, and it warmed my fuzzies. Was anyone out there too grossed out to get over it?
* Wesley is a nice, nice person. Wesley... you are REALLY nice. Do you guys think Dave deserves the niceness Wes showed him tonight? Would you have been Wes-like in those circumstances?
Here's all the song cues I could find from tonight's new episodes...
- "Castling" by The Narrative
- "Break" by Crown City Rockers -- you can hear samples of both songs over on the Gigantic page
- "Tonight I Love You" by The Latency -- you can hear a sample of this song over on the Degrassi page.
- "Daydreaming" by Nat Jay
- "Done for the Day" by Ryan Wotherspoon
- Posted on 11/04/2010 by Mary
Here's a sneak peek at the first scene of Friday night's brand new Degrassi episode.
I'm keeping my commentary on lockdown for now except to say that I LOVE tomorrow's episode, especially... there's this one scene... which we will talk about after tomorrow night. OK. Shutting up now.
- Posted on 11/03/2010 by Mary
Here is a picture of something that will happen on this Friday's Degrassi.
Oh, and look! Another picture of a thing. A Degrassi thing.
I sure do hope you watch this Friday at 9p et so you'll know that sooo much more happens that I can't tell you about because ruining surprises is no fun for anyone! I sure, sure do.
- Posted on 10/30/2010 by Mary
Happy Hallo-weekend! Here's a plastic jack-o-lantern's worth of behind the scenes snapshots from Degrassi's Monster Moon shoot. Also, fyi, you can click here to watch all four Monster Moon minis crammed into one.
Two more vids are coming (they're on TV during the 9pm Degrassi airings, and then online afterwards).
Oh and check out this cute li'l pic of Munro and Aislinn behind the scenes at the shoot. Awww/ewww.
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
1) I've seen people calling them Fadam, but what about Fionadam? Nah, I guess Fadam is better.
2) I know that when the episodes about Adam being transgender first aired, some of you had questions about whether that means he's straight or gay, so I just wanted to clear up: Adam is straight. He's a guy who likes girls. But, if you're wondering, there are also female-to-male transgender guys who are gay -- they like guys.
3) Do you think Fiona can handle Adam's different-ness? (I guess Fiona's got different-ness of her own, doesn't she? I guess we all do.)
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW; watch the ep now if you haven't already. Then let's talk....
1) It was so hard to watch Clare ask questions like "Why do I have to suffer because they fell out of love?" -- questions that really just don't have any good answer. Did anyone out there with divorced parents feel pangs of recognition watching Clare go through this? What would you tell her if you could talk to her right now?
2) So very pleased to meet you, Bullfrog and Cece! Are Eli's parents anything like you expected? Also, would you freak out if you found out your bf/gf's ex used to live with them? Like in their room?
3) Clare and Eli are very different... do you think they're different in good ways, or ways that will pull them apart at some point?
4) Wow. Adam and Fiona on the steps... that was definitely some bonding going on. Who do you think makes a better boyfriend for Fiona, Drew or Adam?
5) So, Dave and Wesley. On the one hand... dude, Dave and Alli have so much in common, it's really a wonder they didn't end up together. Why can't people appreciate the friends they have rather than wanting "cooler" ones? On the OTHER hand... you know, Dave has some interests that Wes doesn't. It seems natural that he'd want some other friends, too. I guess the problem is when he tries to replace one with the other, instead of having lots of friends. What did you think of the Dave/Wes dynamic tonight?