Blog | degrassi
- Posted on 10/14/2010 by Mary
Look who's back... and he seems just EVER-so-delighted that Holly J is dating Sav.
And someone else is back toooooo....
Or come watch the first scene!
- Posted on 10/11/2010 by Lisa
I did lots of important cute boy research in order to bring you an updated version of the Degrassi crush quiz. Have you taken it yet?
My current Degrassi crush is:
Wesley? Well, he's cute, smart, he's into robots, he's a musician... Oh, and remember the rap he and Connor did in the caf when they were trying to get Dave elected? I love any guy who's willing to act that dorky in public. Maybe I DO sort of have a crush on Wesley. I learned something new about myself today.
- Posted on 10/08/2010 by Mary
And once you're all caught up, let's talk.
* ALLI!! Do you guys think she made the right decision? Also, do you think she does have low self esteem? Or is something else behind her 'always making bad decisions where boys are involved'?
* Do you think all-girls' school will help or hurt Alli's boy craziness? 'Cause... I went to an all girls' school for a while and I gotta say... not all the girls there were exactly WISE about boy-folk.
* Still Alli: My heart went directly into my stomach when the Bandharis started looking through Alli's file in Simpson's office. Do you know the feeling I mean... that 'omg, I'm caught' feeling? Boooo that feeling.
* KC and Jenna: Did KC have a right to be pissed about the way Jenna "came out" as pregnant? Or did he lose all rights to be mad about anything the second he basically abandoned her?
*And don't worry: Eli's back in the next episode, promise. He was suspended in this week's ep, 'cause of Vegas Night.
- Posted on 10/08/2010 by Mary
OK. I'm trying to get as much music info as I can get from all the episodes for you guys... Here are all the music cues I could find from tonight's Degrassi and Gigantic premieres. Hope they're helpy if you're looking for a particular song!
Sadly I didn't have enough time to figure out which scene each song is in -- but you could let each other know in the comments if you figure one out!
- "Welcome to L.A." by Official Hot Mess
- "C.L.U.B." by MNDR
- "Someday" by Quanteisha Benjamin
- "Independence" and "Dream Big" from our very own Jessica Tyler, aka Jenna.
- "Dreams Dissolve" by Catherine McLellan
- "Maybelline" by Zaac Pick
- "Stay" by Jesse Thomas off her Heartbreaker EP (She's hard to search for but I def. saw this song in iTunes -- that's her pic on the left.)
- "Girls Who Believe" by Meredith Shaw
- "Happiness" by Jaylene Johnson
- And since so many have asked... the song from the fall promo is "So Easy" by Gina Cutillo.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Well, I looked through the comments to yesterday's post, and I got you a present for Degrassi Spirit Week Thursday. A big, beautiful, locker-worthy present.
I hope you like it.
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Alli wants a fresh start... one that doesn't include letting the guy who went to the boiler room with Bianca come waltzing back into her life. But does she have the strength to stay away?
And we all know what's behind that big ol' guitar, but the Next Teen Star audience doesn't... what will they think if they find out?
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday = let's hear it for the boys!
Two nights until we get to see Eli again! And Drew! And Adam, and Wesley and... Owen... and ALL OF THEM IN STANDARD ISSUE KHAKI PANTS! Be still m'heart.
Of all the new Degrassi boys introduced this summer during the Boiling Point, who's your favorite? (As for these pics, I'm leaving Fitz out because of the whole "getting carted off in a cop car at the end of Vegas night" bit, and I reluctantly include Owen because he's so MEAN, but... I know some of you are into him and I guess Jay Hogart was fairly mean when we first met him, too.)
- Posted on 10/05/2010 by Mary
You know what we haven't done in a while? DEGRASSI SPIRIT WEEK! (Here's looking at you, Creat1Ve.)
With the Degrassi premiere happening this Friday, and a school full of sad kids going back to what looks like a pretty spiritless school, we OWE it to them to freak the hell out this week. We owe those poor, beleaguered, so-very-disciplined students a pep rally!
We owe them... a new Degrassi Facebook taggable!
Here you go... use it to tag the Eli in your life. Ooh, which raises a question... if you tag someone as Eli, and they know you love Eli, is that basically telling that person that you love them?
Oh, and if you still want the older pre-Boiling Point versions... here's a link to the pre-Boiling Point Degrassi Facebook taggable... and here's a link to the Old School Degrassi Facebook taggable. Sadly, I have no super-super-old-school, like back-when-Mr.-Simpson-went-to-Degrassi version, sorry. But I would totally be Spike.
- Posted on 10/04/2010 by Chairman Nick Cannon
Exciting times up in the TeenNick offices! Our long-awaited brand new site is up, our long-awaited brand new series Gigantic is coming your way Friday, and also that show called Degrassi is coming back. That's a lot for a busted old, too-cold New York Monday! We haven't had this much excitement since Degrassi: The Boiling Point started up!
Anyway, I hope you're finding your way around the new site and clicking this and commenting on that and seeing what's up with your new online world.
Tell me what you think. And I can't wait for you to see Gigantic this weekend... it's gonna be large, haha.
Keep it locked,
- Posted on 10/02/2010 by Mary
You have now survived the last Friday night for a while that we won't have brand new and then BRAND-brand new Gigantic to gaze upon! 9pm et, this Friday. Time to figure out whose house you're watching at.
Look at all the sad little Degrassi extras, filing into the brand new super-strict Degrassi with its shiny new metal detectors. All prepared to be obedient little Degrassi students who welcome all the new disciplinary measures with open arms and never get into any trouble. I guess this will this be one big boring season where nothing happens!
Except that I know I can't trick you 'cause you've already seen the promos and are aware that Declan's coming back, and Bizarro Clare is going to materialize, and... was that Alli and Bianca waling on each other in a full-on, hair-yanking, floor-wiping fight? 'Cause that's definitely what it looked like.
Oh Degrassi. We've missed you, so. Come back to us, the ones who love you.
And, let's take a look at the Gigantic cast, 'cause next Friday's their big night too! Left to right that's Finn, Piper, Joey, Anna, Vanessa, and Walt. Astute viewers might recognize Finn as Malcolm David Kelly, ie "Walt from LOST." Not to be confused with Walt from Gigantic, on the far right, who is definitely the new crush of a good number of you. You might not know it yet... but you'll know it next Friday.