Blog | degrassi
- Posted on 03/21/2010 by Mary
Maybe it's the uniqueness of the night, the fact that everyone smells so darn good, or that little extra leeway on curfew people get... but why does prom night have this air of "let's make this night special, and by special, I mean SPECIAL"? Do you and/or your friends think there's any reason to go further on prom night than you would on any other night?
(Looks like Anya and Sav might, though I guess there are other factors at work there, too.)
- Posted on 03/19/2010 by Mary
QueenVicci writes: "I just thought I'd let you know that our baby Mia is ALL GROWN UP NOW! I just saw her on the cover of Seventeen. I really wanted to cross out the 'From Vampire Diaries' and write 'From Degrassi'."
I know, right, QV? WE SAW HER FIRST. But whatevs, if you love someone set them free.
- Posted on 03/12/2010 by Mary
Sav and Anya can find pretty much anything to bicker about...or, maybe more accurately, Anya can find anything to pick a fight about with Sav, and Sav can back down and put his tail between his legs on almost any topic.
Do you know any couples like that? ARE you any couples like that?
- Posted on 03/06/2010 by Lisa
sunsoaker3 got a big debate started on the message boards. She says, "Spinner is way too old to still be chillin around the high school crowd."
Some of the people posting seem to agree:
"I know I definitely think he should hang around with a crowd that's more his age." - krisl
"I think its quite sad that Spinner hasn't moved along like everyone else. Darcy left for Africa, Manny and Emma are in college, Paige and them are fully grown adults with their own lives and successes. Everyone is gone and I feel Spinner will be there in Toronto forever, even after Peter and them leave." - tweenkid
But others are sticking up for Spin:
"Well, he is dating a girl in high school, his band is still in high school, his best friend moved far away right after graduation, and he runs the Dot. What is supposed to do? Give up on everything and everyone he loves because they are all younger?" - jsi959
"I think you all must be forgetting that not everyone moves away after school. Not everyone goes off to college/joins a band/goes to Africa/etc. Spinner's situation is common, to be honest. I graduated in 07 and I haven't left my hometown. If all of your friends move away to do whatever it is that they're movin away to do, you'll eventually make new friends." - MrLWeegee
I didn't have anyone like Spinner around when I was in high school, but I sort of wish I had. It makes me wonder how many people are in that situation.
If you're in high school, are any of your good friends a few years older than you?
If you've graduated already, do you have any friends who are still in high school?
- Posted on 03/04/2010 by Mary
When your friend wants to get back together with the guy who fwded her naked pics and lied about being a virgin but she still loves him and he maybe still loves her and it's all very confusing and she wants advice (tonight, Degrassi, 10p et), are you the Clare friend, or the Jenna friend?
As in, are you the one who gives the reality checks and solid advice and tries to keep your friends out of trouble, but sometimes might come off as judgy?
Or the one who cheerleads for romantic ideals and experimenting with life and not being judgy, but sometimes maybe fails to avoid trouble?
Or somethin' else entirely?
Judge yourself in the comments...
- Posted on 02/26/2010 by Lisa
Over on the message boards, Kyokugen22 asked "Anyone know the ending song that plays at the end of 'Love Games'?" I'm swinging my hand in the air wildly, because I totally know the answer. It's "We Are" by Tupelo Honey. Here's their MySpace.
- Posted on 02/05/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY. Shut your eyes and turn away if you didn't watch Love Games yet. Otherwise....
- "You want low-maintenance. Date a Honda." Isn't it weird how, with the Declan's of this world (whether they're guys or girls)... so many people think that the way to get them is to be or do whatever The Declan's want. To roll over, basically. But The Declan's all want a challenge -- a Jane, a Holly J. Someone with their own independent ideas. Do you notice this to be true with people you know? Or do they all seem to want Hondas?
- Declan spilling his feelings through the door of the sound-proof booth was kind of genius. I know so many people who conduct their harder-to-have talks in moderated ways. Sometimes it's much easier to compose your thoughts in longform writing, or I remember reading about a couple who choose to only argue through a closed door. What's your favored medium for talking about things you have a hard time talking about? Phone, face to face, in person while holding each other, in the car, via txt, IM, long emails...?
- So.... Danny and Chantay, cute and all, and all's fair in love and war and all that buuuut... do you think Chantay should date her friend's recent ex right after they broke up like that? Or are these special circumstances?
- Posted on 11/20/2009 by Mary
SPOILERS ARE IN THIS POST. If you haven't watched the episode, don't read because you'll ruin your own fun! THIS MEANS YOU, PLEAZZZE.
E'eryone else... let's dig in.
- That whole "it's better to be known as a gay basher than a gay person" thing reminded me of this documentary I saw, where some gay men were talking about how when they were closeted in high school, they used to join in on beating up other gay kids, because it kept the suspicion away from them. It was the saddest thing ever. Let's have a moment of silence for everyone who's ever taken a beating to hide someone else's fear.
- And wheeew. I love that Riley's come to a decision he can live with. How do you feel about his decision to wait 'til after high school to come out?
- OK, regardless of whether you yourself might ever want to LARP, did you at least feel kinda like "Right on!" when Anya stood up for herself and her interest? I was like, dag, go Anya.
- Is there anything you love that other people think is dorky? Stand up for it right here!
- Have you ever been willing to accept the dorky habit, hobby, or interest of someone you think is otherwise great -- friend or bf/gf? What was it?
- DUDE. JENNA AND K.C.. UHHHH DON'T KNOW IF YOU NOTICED BUT CLARE IS STANDING RIGHT THERE. Keep a lid on the frickin' eye sex! Geez!
- Posted on 11/13/2009 by Mary
SPOILAHS DOWN BELOW YOU GUYS. Scroll on past until you're good and ready. The rest of yous:
1) Off the top, I feel the need to point out that when the guys asked the lifeguard teacher guy which of his female students was the hottest, and he said "It's not really my place to say"... that it wasn't his place to say because he's their FRICKING TEACHER and not because he's gay. Juuust making sure we're all on the same page on that one.
2) Riley . Riley Riley Riley. Honey. I worry so much about you. What do you guys think is going to happen? Will he ever be at peace with himself? What will it take?
3) That whole Dave/Jenna dynamic at the fair... ohhh man have I seen THAT go down in real life. Have you ever found yourself on a "surprise date" that you didn't quite realize was a date? Or have you ever thought you were on a date and realized a little too late that you were just "hanging out"?
4) I imagine I'm not the only one who laughed a Juno laugh when that guy from lifeguarding class -- Fitz, I believe the credits said his name was -- asked Riley and Fiona, "So are you two, you know, sexually active?"
5) Now I finally know why the Degrassi sign has said "JOIN THE LARPING SOCIETY!" for a few weeks now. What do you think of Anya's hobby? Would you join the LARPing society? If all the coolest people in your school suddenly got into LARPing, would you do it then?
- Posted on 11/06/2009 by MaryTHE SPOILERS, THEY ARE BELOW. YOU DO NOT READ THEM IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO. OK? OK THEN. OK.
Let's break it down, Degrassi watchers.
1) Let's have a truth circle. Have you ever been the person who maybe kinda sorta accidentally chose the proverbial mister before your sisters, or... the perfectly respectably young lady before your bros? The kind of person who "needs to get some non-Sav interests"? Or have you been on the other side of that... been the sister or bro who got blown off for the mister or... the perfectly respectably young lady?
2) OK, who here has had a guy or girl over when you were babysitting, raise your hands.
3) I know I can't be the only one who felt not just kinda sorry, but actually really sorry for Declan in this, right? I think he really likes Jane, and I was super touched when he asked her if she wanted to "talk about it." I mean I know he's crossing a cheating line but.. . that doesn't mean his heart's not broke!
4) How do you feel about Holly J choosing not to rat Jane out now that Jane has ended things with Declan? Look fair and square to you, or do you feel a little queasy about it?
5 ) Dude, really boys? Urine? Really? SMH. How about you, what's the most disgusting thing you've ever seen people do in the name of a prank?