Blog | drew
- Posted on 07/18/2011 by Mary
Who would you say is the hardest working person in the Degrassi cast?
You know what... for me, I'm pretty close to what my character is actually like. For someone like Jordy, who plays Adam, that must be a pretty difficult amount of work. And not even just filming, but dealing with the fans and how you talk to people, it must be a lot more difficult for her.
Who's the best morning person?
Definitely not Munro. Definitely not me. And not Raymond -- you can't even wake Raymond up. You wake Raymond up, you'd better get ready for a karate chop. I'd have to say probably Jordy. Jordy is always happy no matter what time of day it is.
In real life, would you say that you have a taste for the bad girls like Bianca, like Drew seems to? The girls that mommy wouldn't like?
[This is the sound of Luke blushing a little.] I don't know, I guess, sorta. A little bit of danger's always good.
Have you ever felt physically threatened in the way that Drew has to deal with in this season, where you actually felt unsafe?
Not in a way that I felt my life was going to be threatened, but... yeah, when I used to go to school, there were a couple times when I was like, "Wow, I just don't feel safe walking down the halls right now." Because a whole bunch of the guys at my old school didn't like me, and there were very uncomfortable moments where your back starts getting sweaty, like, "Is someone watching me?" But not like Drew -- I never felt like [NO SPOILERS!].
Has there ever been anything that you've wanted to do that you couldn't do because you're an actor? For example, Ray's really excited about cutting his hair now...
Oh, actually yes! I always for some reason wanted to have bleach blond hair, but every time I'd be like, "OK, we're gonna do it," I'd go and get my headshots done. And in my headshots my hair's still brown, so I'm like "so I guess I can't do it." That, and I always wanted to play high level sports, and you can't do that. Like Triple A hockey... it's just so demanding. My friends who play Triple A or now play Junior A, they play hockey just as much as I'd be working on the show, so it's impossible. I'd have to choose, hockey or Degrassi.
What are you doing with your summer when you aren't working?
Wonderland. Going to Wonderland a lot, and I play hockey with Raymond and Munro and his twin brother, and that's pretty much it. I just like chilling at home with my sisters.
- Posted on 05/30/2011 by Mary
Well, wait, one very important comment... these pictures were taken by our new friend Olivia Bee, who is 17, and who kicks copious amounts of ass, and ok, no more comments.
Oh wait one more: I interviewed Olivia about her experience at the shoot and life in general; I'll post it here soon.
OK shutting up now. Here.
Ray Ablack aka Sav at the Degrassi: Now or Never teaser shoot. Olivia has a funny story about this moment. Coming soon.
New character Imogen and Eli at the Degrassi: Now or Never teaser shoot
Drew, new character Katie, Marisol, and the back of Holly J at the Degrassi: Now or Never teaser shoot.
Why not... another gorgeous picture of Clare from the Degrassi: Now or Never teaser shoot.
More pics to come! Promise!
And don't forget, the video will be shown during Bring It On tonight at 9p et. Which of your friends has the biggest TV? Go there and watch.
- Posted on 03/31/2011 by Mary
Adam and his family and friends say goodbye to his former identity, Gracie, in the Peabody Award-winning episode of Degrassi, "My Body Is a Cage"
Degrassi won a PEABODY AWARD!
It's no KCA, but it IS a 70 year-old prestigious media award that's pretty hard to come by, and a HUGE honor. Stacking that on top of those GLAAD media awards, we are so, so proud of Degrassi right now.
The winning episodes were "My Body Is a Cage" (part 1 and 2) -- aka the first episodes where we learned about Adam being transgender. The Peabody people say, "True to its history, the durable high-school serial’s two-parter about a transgender teen neither trivializes nor overdramatizes its subject." WORD THAT. Degrassi: neither trivializing nor overdramatizing subjects since 2001, y'all. (Or 1979, depending on how you're counting.)
I took another look at them today and man... Degrassi was really, truly firing on all cylinders during those two eps. I mean obviously Jordan Todosey did an amazing job, but so did Luke Bilyk... and the B story was Anya's mom having lymphoma, which was another one of my favorite Degrassi stories because I love the rapport she and her mom have! Good God did I cry at these episodes.
- Posted on 02/26/2011 by Mary
Hmm. Skipping the most important basketball game of the season to go hang out in the ravine with Bianca and Ron-Ron. Interesting choice, Drew.
Now that Drew's getting help, how do you think it'll go:
Bianca will drag Drew down with her
Drew will help Bianca be less self-destructive?
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Mary
DON'T LET ME SPOIL YOUR DEGRASSI! I couldn't live with myself!
Click here to watch Degrassi: In Too Deep, "The Way We Get By, pt. 2" online in HD first. Then let's talk:
Riley Stavros on Degrassi: In Too Deep
1) Wow. The Stavros' reaction to Riley being gay is intense. And doesn't it shed SO MUCH light on why he had such a hard time accepting himself? The way his mom just wanted to straight up pretend this wasn't happening... it's exactly what Riley did for so long, isn't it? Thank God for Zane -- he had a good point that Riley's come a long way. Here's hoping he's right that Riley's parents will, too.
2) Bianca v Jenna. So interesting how comfortable and righteous Jenna feels in that judgy seat. I know for some of you this is like choosing between Satan and Other Satan, but... if you absolutely HAD to pick one to be friends with... who would it be?
3) When your friends hate your bf/gf. I guess in this instance, the friends are pretty right about the girlfriend being a problem. If your friends were openly anti-your-bf/gf, would it make you wonder about the bf/gf, or the friends?
4) Bianca. She said a line this week that I found endlessly fascinating:
"I'm not your judgy friends. So are you coming? Unless you have a better offer..."
- On the one hand, her lack of judginess IS refreshing. And she really did seem to be trying to be nice at the Dot, didn't she? Do you think Bianca's tough exterior guards a soft and chewy center?
- But... what does it say about her that she let Drew's demeaning rant roll off her back? And the "unless you have a better offer" thing... it's such a self-deprecating thing to say, when you think about it. 'I know I'm not much but, it's not like you can do any better,' basically.
I'm thinking Bianca really could have benefitted from that mandated self-esteem seminar. Even though that whole thing was still totally sexist. 'Cause, please... where was Drew's self-esteem seminar?
5) Ooh... DOES Drew really need a self-esteem seminar? His trouble with his grades; his self-destructive choices; the way he seems to really need the attention of girls to feel important... I'm seeing a pattern. Thoughts?
- Posted on 02/18/2011 by Mary
If you didn't watch the new Degrassi: In Too Deep episode, go watch it now so we can process our feelings together.
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ALL CAUGHT UP ON TONIGHT'S EP.
OK. Let's process.
* Drianca? Brew? First of all what should Drew and Bianca's couple name be, but second of all: should they even be a couple? I guess one good thing is that she'll never let him walk all over her... and I don't know, ever since Bianca said she might want to be a jewelry maker in that self esteem seminar... I've kind of been like, "maybe she's human?" What's your take?
* ZILEY!. Eek. How bad do you think this is going to be in the Stavros household?
* "Sometimes being a good boyfriend means doing things that suck." Ain't it the truth -- and sometimes being a good girlfriend means doing things that suck, too. What are your personal limits -- how much would you be willing to compromise on activities you find boring or scary or lame, if it mattered to your bf/gf?
* Also, dig the haircut, Riley. Nice work, Anya.
* Is it me, or is Jenna the judgiest pregnant teen ever? Or do you feel like she has a right to judge Bianca, just because Bianca is so completely beyond the pale?
* This Malaika girl. I'm pretty sure I don't trust her. Why can't Alli find a nice Clare-type at the Beechwood Private Preparatory School for Young Ladies?
- Posted on 02/17/2011 by Lisa
If you just can't wait any longer for new Degrassi, here's a sneak peek at the first scene of The Way We Get By, pt. 1.
I kinda-sorta feel sorry for Drew, but that doesn't mean I'd set him up with one of my friends. Would you?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 02/14/2011 by Mary
- Posted on 02/07/2011 by Mary
One week 'til Valentine's Day + four days 'til new Degrassi = time for us to post thirteen unforgettable Degrassi kiss clips. Watch and learn.
Click here for the whole Degrassi: Best Kisses playlist!
Or start off with this appetizer, courtesy of Drew and Alli:
- Posted on 02/02/2011 by Mary
Alli's idea of a date is a movie; Drew... has other ideas. DCS's best butt-grabbing moment is at the top of today's Degrassi OMG Moment playlist:
Also in today's list:
- The Torres brothers sharing a bathroom in the morning ("I was never a girl, idiot!")
- Dave going pantsless to cheer Ms. Oh up
- KC explaining to Jenna that having a baby would just not be very convenient for him right now
- E-Clare's first kiss... the school-sanctioned one.
- And more... click here for the whole list!
Which of those moments is your favorite?