Blog | eli
- Posted on 10/15/2010 by Mary
Ummm. So... well, first SPOILERS BELOW if you haven't watched Love Lockdown pt. 1 yet. (It'll be online soon, don't worry.) Everyone else:
1) What just happened with Holly J and Declan? What are your thoughts? I was gripping the sides of my chair and just... upset but confused and flabbergasted and confused and upset. I don't think Declan is an evil person -- at ALL -- but that really, really upset me, personally. What was your reaction to that last scene?
2) Oh God. What about Sav? Ohhh man.
3) Did you see that glint in Clare's eye when she realized her parents were united in opposition to her piercing? Ruh roh...
4) Here's how we know Eli truly, truly cares for Clare: he's worried her parents won't like him. What's the opposite of a red flag, a green flag? Well then that right there is what we call a new boyfriend green flag. Eli... your perfection is simply intoxicating.
5) Haha, as much as I felt bad for Chantay fighting the good fight to save a Spirit Squad no one else seems to care about... I probably would have felt pretty meh if the cheerleading squad (if you could call it that) got disbanded in high school. What clubs would you fight to save if Simpson shut them down?
- Posted on 10/14/2010 by Mary
Look who's back... and he seems just EVER-so-delighted that Holly J is dating Sav.
And someone else is back toooooo....
Or come watch the first scene!
- Posted on 10/07/2010 by Mary
Well, I looked through the comments to yesterday's post, and I got you a present for Degrassi Spirit Week Thursday. A big, beautiful, locker-worthy present.
I hope you like it.
- Posted on 10/06/2010 by Mary
Degrassi Spirit Week Wednesday = let's hear it for the boys!
Two nights until we get to see Eli again! And Drew! And Adam, and Wesley and... Owen... and ALL OF THEM IN STANDARD ISSUE KHAKI PANTS! Be still m'heart.
Of all the new Degrassi boys introduced this summer during the Boiling Point, who's your favorite? (As for these pics, I'm leaving Fitz out because of the whole "getting carted off in a cop car at the end of Vegas night" bit, and I reluctantly include Owen because he's so MEAN, but... I know some of you are into him and I guess Jay Hogart was fairly mean when we first met him, too.)
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
"OMG" does not even begin to cover it. Let's attempt to break things down...
IS Degrassi out of hand?? Do you think Simpson is right to be completely at his wits' end after tonight? Do the students of Degrassi need a totally different environment? Or are they just another high school? (It's funny... there's sort of a perpetual debate in the message boards about whether Degrassi is tamer than a real high school, or completely off-the-wall bonkers. Which side do you fall on?)
Eli and Clare. OK. First of all, thank GOD he's alive. Second of all... what do you think the future holds for these two? Do you think Eli really learned his lesson tonight... or is he going to be even more angry and vengeful about being put through that?
Drew and Alli: Opinions on whether Drew is a good guy or a bad guy seem mixed... what's yours? (Mine is that he's neither good nor bad... he's a human teenager who makes super, super-dumb choices sometimes.) Also: that whole thing between Alli and Mrs. Torres... I have known sooo many moms of teenagers who are like that. They think their kid can do no wrong, so their friends take the fallout when everyone gets in trouble together. Sucks.
Holly J and Sav: Daaaag, girl! I have to say: Charlotte Arnold is probably my favorite young actress in the world. The subtle stuff happening on her face in that scene... she is one talented lady. And she looked really pretty tonight, and I dig her and Sav together. You?
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
Mr. Simpson said he trusts Sav and Holly J to make sure the Night in Vegas dance is 100% problem-free. What could possibly go wrong?
If the look on Mrs. Torres' face is any indication... pretty much everything.
Because after tomorrow night... Degrassi will never be the same again.
- Posted on 08/25/2010 by Mary
I'd say Eli got an A+ on that there French exam, yes? Please, feel free to watch Eli kiss Clare again. And perhaps again. And I suppose you could watch it again after that. Forty times would be weird though.
...But not that weird.
- Posted on 08/24/2010 by Mary
Only two nights of Degrassi: The Boiling Point left... I'm starting to get scared of how my body's going to react to the withdrawal. What if I can't handle it? What if I die?
Anyway. The next two nights... things are going to get a little insane. 'Cause you know, up 'til now things at Degrassi have been so boring.
I leave you with the following three images from tomorrow night's television program. While they cannot possibly give you a complete picture of the events about to ensue, I hope they at least impart to you the DIRE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR WATCHING. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A THING FOR ELI AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME NICE DREAMS TOMORROW NIGHT. I hope I am being sufficiently clear.
- Posted on 08/23/2010 by Mary
GO RILEY! Say it loud, he's out and he's... pretty much proud! Still has a few issues to work on. He'll get there! We believe in you Riley! And a big "whatever", followed by the world's biggest, roundest eye roll to whoever put that on his locker. Homophobia is so last century.
Meanwhile: I'm guessing plenty of us have been in Adam's shoes... dealing with the magically Disappearing Friend Who's Totally Wrapped Up in a Girl/Guy. But when you're Adam, finding new trustworthy friends is an extra challenge. I'm wringing my hands over this whole Fitz thing... and that promo is not making me any calmer.
- Posted on 08/18/2010 by Mary
I'm sooo confused.
But probably only half as confused as Clare, who actually felt the warm, soft touch of Eli's lips on her own before he went completely bafflingly cold, which, what the hell??
I guess if he's gonna be baffling, at least he has the decency to look good doing it: