Blog | embarrassing moments
- Posted on 07/28/2015 by TeenNickBlogger
Degrassi. It can get real awkward.
1) Being at the top of the pyramid doesn't always make you number 1, especially when you have to go number 2.
2) Hopefully JT realized that you can't pump all your problems away.
3) Curiosity killed the cat. At least the cat didn't steal a vibrator and have it go off in class.
4) As the wise Paige once said: "That is why no one should ever wear track pants."
5) The audition must go on! Even if your chicken cutlet falls out while playing the cello.
6) It's all fun and games until you get hit with a balloon full of pee.
7) Skip the school dance? Sure. End up watching adult films and getting caught by adults? Probably not.
8) Becoming a woman is a milestone for every young girl. Just not one that happens on the front steps of Degrassi.
9) Safety is always a priority...running into an adult when buying condoms? Not so much.
10) Because who wouldn't be embarrassed seeing their principal jazzercising? Ew.
Do you have any fave cringe-worthy moments from Degrassi? Shout 'em out in the comments! And keep watching the Degrassi two-week finale event with us! Plus catch It Goes There: Degrassi's Most Talked About Moments on July 31st, where we'll count down the most iconic Degrassi moments with your favorite cast members from all fourteen seasons!
- Posted on 04/26/2013 by Lisa
The winner of this week's Fan Favorite Friday poll is the oh-so-awkward Mercy Street from way back in season four! Watch the full episode online.
If you've never seen Mercy Street, here's what you need to know going into it: Rick was abusive to his girlfriend, Terri, and put her in a coma. In this episode, he returns to Degrassi, and a lot of people (including Emma and Paige) don't want him there. The famed awkwardness of this episode takes place in the subplot, which is about J.T. trying to impress Manny. A few highlights:
"Look, it's a stack of dimes!" - Toby
"Guys, check it out. I have a solution to J.T.'s little problem!" - Danny
"Um... your lips are kinda sweaty." - Manny
"Uh, I can explain!" - J.T.
That is just at taste of the over-the-top awkwardness contained in Mercy Street. After rewatching it just now, I'm fascinated by the friendship between J.T., Toby, and Danny. Danny was the one to pull J.T.'s pants down, embarrassing him in front of his girlfriend, but Danny was also the one who used a fake id to buy the penis pump as a gift for J.T. What do you think -- is that a true depiction of what guy friendships are like? You embarrass the heck out of each other, but you also help each other through rough times?
Next week, we'll post a new poll, so watch Mercy Street now!
- Posted on 04/24/2013 by Lisa
Vote in this week's Facebook poll and help us choose the all-time awkward-est episode of Degrassi. We'll put the winning episode online Friday.
There are lots of good ones to choose from, including:
SO MUCH AWKWARDNESS, all in one blog post!! Got a favorite awkward moment? Vote for it, and come back Friday to watch the winning episode!