Blog | friends
- Posted on 05/22/2013 by Lisa
Wanna know how Madison Pettis (Allie) and Torri Webster (Tess) from Life With Boys stay in touch when they're not filming? Watch this behind-the-scenes video:
Two new episodes of Life With Boys premiere on TeenNick tonight at 9 and 9:30pm et / 6 and 6:30pm pt. Need to catch upo? Watch full episodes of Life With Boys online!
- Posted on 05/03/2013 by Lisa
Monday at 9pm et (6pm pt), don't miss this movie about a magical pair of pants.
The movie isn't just about pants, of course. It's also about four best friends who have to spend the summer apart, and how one pair of jeans helps them stay in touch. This movie always gets me thinking about my favorite people (and my favorite jeans), and how lucky I am to have them in my life. Yay for good friends and good pants.
p.s. PANTS. PANTS! PANTS!!!!
- Posted on 04/29/2013 by Lisa
Free Willy is on TeenNick tonight at 9pm et / 6pm pt! If you've never seen it, it's an amazing story about a boy who doesn't fit in anywhere until he becomes best friends with a whale.
The promos call it a "whale-mance," which makes me giggle, but the movie itself makes me cry. It's a story about how far people will go to protect their friends, even if those friends aren't human. (I would do ANYTHING to keep my dog safe, so I can definitely relate.)
If you like friendship and/or whales, free up a little time tonight around 9pm et / 6pm pt, and watch Free Willy on TeenNick!
- Posted on 08/24/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW if you haven't seen "Don't Panic, pt. 1".
I think it's pretty uncontroversial to say that the Girl Code of Honor proscribes that no two best girl friends of the straight persuasion think it's a good idea to "ruin their friendship over a boy." Boys should not come between besties, right? This is a truth.
But I have a question.
Say one best friend LIKElikes a guy, like reallyreallylikes him, and he demonstrably LIKElikes her back, as in he has asked her out and/or made a move type thing. But say the other best friend -- who's been through thick and thin with the first best friend since like kindergarten -- likes him, too, like a reallyreally lot, and she liked him first, even though he doesn't like her back... what then?
If you go for the guy when you KNOW your best friend likes him (like Katie did), are you sacrificing your best friendship for a boy?Or if you forbid your best friend from being with a guy she reallyreally likes and who reallyreally likes her back (like Marisol did)... are you sacrificing your best friendship for a boy?
Which girl is the one "letting a boy come between" them?
The time on Degrassi when Katie was all, "Are you serious?" And Marisol was all, "Oh, I'm as serious as cancer, hon."
- Posted on 05/05/2011 by Mary
Alli's nose, meet Clare's beeswax.
This may or may not have just been some Munro-lust working its way into people's judgment about the E-Clare break-up, but this post on the Degrassi board got me thinking...
"Who Does Alli Think She Is? Excuse me, but Eli and Alli haven't even talked this whole season, yet Alli has had such a big influence on Eli and Clare's relationship!! Like don't try and put ur 2 cents in Alli!" - Kira<3'sMunroChambers
I know in real life, friends can get put in some pretty uncomfortable predicaments when they donate their opinions about a friend's relationship. Such as:
1) You tell your friend that their bf/gf is bad for them; they get angry at you instead of the bf/gf... even if you're right. Sometimes because you're right -- because it's too hard to admit.
2) Your friend complains and complains and complains about their bf/gf. They finally break up. You say things like "good riddance" and "they were never good enough for you" and "I always hated them." Then they get back together... and now you're the friend who hates their bf/gf. Oy.
3) You tell your friend, "I don't know, the way they did that to you seems pretty manipulative/shady/whatever." Next fight your friend has with their bf/gf, they're like "Well my friend YOUR NAME HERE says that that was manipulative." Guess who gets an earful from the bf/gf next time you bump into each other?
But... think about Alli's side of that E-Clare thing. Your best friend is in a relationship she doesn't want to be in anymore, but is having trouble ending it because she feels guilty, doesn't want to hurt him, etc. Isn't it kind of the job of a friend to say, "Hey, you need to look after yourself here"... to support your friend who's having trouble doing something difficult but necessary?
So... what do you say when a friend is going through something with their bf/gf. Weigh in? Keep your mouth shut? How do you handle it with YOUR friends?
- Posted on 04/21/2011 by Lisa
If you can't possibly wait till tomorrow to see the first scene of Drop the World, pt. 2... here you go.
If you were Clare, how bad would you be freaking out right now?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 04/14/2011 by Mary
OK. Here's one of the many things I find interesting about this scene. Aside from Eli's intensity and Clare's starting to feel a little... smothered-y...
If Eli were dating someone other than Clare, I can easily see a less self-assured girlfriend being like, "Oh uh, OK, I guess we'll do your version of life and I'll skip the dance that I actually kind of wanted to go to because you think it's trivial. Maybe you're right? Maybe balloons are banal? I don't know."
But then again... I can't see Eli dating that kind of girl anyway. The reason he likes Clare is the same reason she's able to say, "If you're not interested, don't come."
How about you... are you comfortable standing up for the things you want to do, even when your friends or bf/gfs make fun of them?
- Posted on 02/11/2011 by Mary
If you haven't watched the hour long premiere of Degrassi: In Too Deep.... one, what's wrong with you, and two, thank heavens you can watch the whole thing in HD on this site. What would you do without us?
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED MMKAY?
* FADAM! Orrr... not? What do you think of them as a couple? How angry do you think Fiona is about the whole intervention thing? How much better does he look in Declan's clothes than he did in the baggy stuff?
* Dr. Chris and Anya. Hrm. He's into LARPing! And Renaissance Faire! Match made in heaven. And also he's finished med school while she's not even out of high school. What do you think the prognosis is for their future? Does it creep you out that he's going to wait for her to be 18, or do you think it shows some dignity and respectability?
* Dave and Sadie. Aww, Dave! She's adorbs! We're so glad Dave finally met a girl and didn't completely permanently screw it up. What are your thoughts on taller girl/shorter guy couplings? (We here in TeenNick blog land are 100% pro, for what its worth.)
* "Everyone knows the rule is half your age plus seven." What are your personal limits for how much younger or older of a person you'd consider dating?
* "She'd kill me for giving this to you, but after all you've done..." Holly J!! You can't just go around handing out pages from people's journals to other people! Why were you even reading Fiona's journal in the first place?! Still... I'm glad Adam got to read that.
- Posted on 11/05/2010 by Mary
SPOILLLLLLLARRRSSS inside so don't click 'til you've watched the ep here it is if you need it.) Everyone who's all watched up... let's talk:
* You know, Drew definitely did not do right by Alli at Vegas night, but... I've got to hand it to him for being a pretty great brother. I remember when he first came on and was giving Riley static, it seemed like he was going to be a certain kind of dude, but I guess we know now that he's definitely more complex than that. What's your take on him?
* When you think about what really had to be going on in Eli's room -- I mean, when someone's a hoarder, it's not just piles of paper and clothes we're talking about, it's like... food wrappers -- could you be as awesome a gf/bf as Clare was to him? I feel like she showed him some seriously mature amounts of unconditional love in this episode, and it warmed my fuzzies. Was anyone out there too grossed out to get over it?
* Wesley is a nice, nice person. Wesley... you are REALLY nice. Do you guys think Dave deserves the niceness Wes showed him tonight? Would you have been Wes-like in those circumstances?
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW; watch the ep now if you haven't already. Then let's talk....
1) It was so hard to watch Clare ask questions like "Why do I have to suffer because they fell out of love?" -- questions that really just don't have any good answer. Did anyone out there with divorced parents feel pangs of recognition watching Clare go through this? What would you tell her if you could talk to her right now?
2) So very pleased to meet you, Bullfrog and Cece! Are Eli's parents anything like you expected? Also, would you freak out if you found out your bf/gf's ex used to live with them? Like in their room?
3) Clare and Eli are very different... do you think they're different in good ways, or ways that will pull them apart at some point?
4) Wow. Adam and Fiona on the steps... that was definitely some bonding going on. Who do you think makes a better boyfriend for Fiona, Drew or Adam?
5) So, Dave and Wesley. On the one hand... dude, Dave and Alli have so much in common, it's really a wonder they didn't end up together. Why can't people appreciate the friends they have rather than wanting "cooler" ones? On the OTHER hand... you know, Dave has some interests that Wes doesn't. It seems natural that he'd want some other friends, too. I guess the problem is when he tries to replace one with the other, instead of having lots of friends. What did you think of the Dave/Wes dynamic tonight?