Blog | holly j
- Posted on 10/21/2010 by Lisa
What's going on with Holly J and Declan? Watch the first scene of "Love Lockdown, pt. 2" right now and don't miss tomorrow night's episode. (Seriously, do NOT miss this one.)
- Posted on 10/19/2010 by Mary
Sneak peek pics of what's to come on this Friday's Degrassi! Check 'em out...
So... what exactly happened last Friday between Declan and Holly J... and what will it mean for each of them?
And looks like Eli's not sure if Clare is still the same girl he fell for...
- Posted on 10/15/2010 by Mary
Ummm. So... well, first SPOILERS BELOW if you haven't watched Love Lockdown pt. 1 yet. (It'll be online soon, don't worry.) Everyone else:
1) What just happened with Holly J and Declan? What are your thoughts? I was gripping the sides of my chair and just... upset but confused and flabbergasted and confused and upset. I don't think Declan is an evil person -- at ALL -- but that really, really upset me, personally. What was your reaction to that last scene?
2) Oh God. What about Sav? Ohhh man.
3) Did you see that glint in Clare's eye when she realized her parents were united in opposition to her piercing? Ruh roh...
4) Here's how we know Eli truly, truly cares for Clare: he's worried her parents won't like him. What's the opposite of a red flag, a green flag? Well then that right there is what we call a new boyfriend green flag. Eli... your perfection is simply intoxicating.
5) Haha, as much as I felt bad for Chantay fighting the good fight to save a Spirit Squad no one else seems to care about... I probably would have felt pretty meh if the cheerleading squad (if you could call it that) got disbanded in high school. What clubs would you fight to save if Simpson shut them down?
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
"OMG" does not even begin to cover it. Let's attempt to break things down...
IS Degrassi out of hand?? Do you think Simpson is right to be completely at his wits' end after tonight? Do the students of Degrassi need a totally different environment? Or are they just another high school? (It's funny... there's sort of a perpetual debate in the message boards about whether Degrassi is tamer than a real high school, or completely off-the-wall bonkers. Which side do you fall on?)
Eli and Clare. OK. First of all, thank GOD he's alive. Second of all... what do you think the future holds for these two? Do you think Eli really learned his lesson tonight... or is he going to be even more angry and vengeful about being put through that?
Drew and Alli: Opinions on whether Drew is a good guy or a bad guy seem mixed... what's yours? (Mine is that he's neither good nor bad... he's a human teenager who makes super, super-dumb choices sometimes.) Also: that whole thing between Alli and Mrs. Torres... I have known sooo many moms of teenagers who are like that. They think their kid can do no wrong, so their friends take the fallout when everyone gets in trouble together. Sucks.
Holly J and Sav: Daaaag, girl! I have to say: Charlotte Arnold is probably my favorite young actress in the world. The subtle stuff happening on her face in that scene... she is one talented lady. And she looked really pretty tonight, and I dig her and Sav together. You?
- Posted on 08/26/2010 by Mary
Mr. Simpson said he trusts Sav and Holly J to make sure the Night in Vegas dance is 100% problem-free. What could possibly go wrong?
If the look on Mrs. Torres' face is any indication... pretty much everything.
Because after tomorrow night... Degrassi will never be the same again.
- Posted on 08/08/2010 by Lisa
So, that helium-voiced kiss on last night's Degrassi was kind of awkward, wasn't it?
I just rewatched that scene, and my dog barked when they kissed, which I interpret to mean he doesn't like them as a couple.
What do you think? What do your pets think? Click here to watch that scene again.
BTW, I don't want my dog to affect your judgment, so here's a pic of Holly J and Sav looking super-cute together:
- Posted on 08/06/2010 by Mary
So much Degrassi, so little time to really dig into the details all week! Luckily it's Friday catch-up night... this week's episodes will air again tonight starting at 9p et. Let's talk about what all happened since Monday
Eli: What is Eli's DEAL? What do you think is going on with him? And do you think Clare is going to get frustrated enough to lose interest? (Not that she's interested. Of course.)
Holly J and Declan: Buh! Do you think she was right to break up with him? The money thing was interesting -- when people have different amounts of money to mess around with, it can be difficult to figure out a way to hang out that's cool for both of you. Have you ever run into weirdness about money with a friend?
Sav: What advice would you give him about dealing with his parents totally unrealistic demands -- should he go outright rebellion, or just waiting until college to start being his own person?
Jenna: It seems to me -- like with the whole Jenna thing , and KC's reaction to it -- that girls are so much more critical of their own and each other's bodies than guys are of girls' bodies. What IS that?
- Posted on 08/05/2010 by Mary
Or are they just on a break? Do you think it's permanent?
Holly seemed kind of over it all... maybe the long distance thing was too much. Or maybe the girls at prep school made Declan forget how independent a girl like Holly J is, and he crossed some lines.
Your thoughts? Here's the scene again, if you are a glutton for waterworks...
...and here's a pic of them in happier times.
- Posted on 08/04/2010 by Mary
HMM. Surprise visit! Interesting!
Do you guys think he cheated? Think he and Holly J will stay broken up or stay on the love train (or at least the LDR train)?
- Posted on 07/22/2010 by Mary
Poor Holly J! Boyfriend in another country; Yale pulled out from under her; and now she loses the presidency? Well, perhaps she's taking some comfort in the fact that she seems to have won the election in the comments yesterday...
Anyway. JENNA, anyone? 'Cause, don't get me started.
Oh and as for tomorrow night's brand new episode (can you believe this is really happening? We REALLY are getting this many new episodes??)...
Guess who you're gonna meeeeet....