Blog | hyde
- Posted on 05/23/2010 by Mary
Hyde from That '70s Show is a pretty cool guy, and in the "Cat Fight Club" episode, he gives Jackie a few tips on how to achieve his level of coolness. (We're showing it as part our That '70s Show marathon.) This is the episode where Laurie and Kelso are dating, and Laurie is doing her best to make Jackie jealous. Hyde tries to help Jackie out by teaching her how to remain aloof.
Hyde's main tip to Jackie is to say "That's cool." and "Whatever." a lot, so people won't know what's really going on in her head. When Jackie starts doing this, she does come across as a cooler person, because she seems so emotionally detached from all of the Laurie/Kelso drama.
I sort of love this as a way to deal with an ex (and the ex's new bf/gf) if they're people you have to see on a regular basis, but I bet it's much easier said than done.
How do you deal when people try to make you jealous? Is whatever-ing the way to go?
- Posted on 02/03/2010 by Lisa
Let's talk about the "Hyde Moves In" episode of That '70s Show, and the one immediately after it, "The Good Son," where Eric starts to get annoyed at having Hyde at his house all the time.
Let's consider the facts:
* Hyde's mom ran away with a trucker, so he has nowhere else to go.
* Hyde does lots of Eric's chores for him.
* Hyde lives in the basement, so it's not like Eric has to share a room with him. (btw, this totally reminds me of when Manny lived in Emma's basement on Degrassi -- what's up with TeenNick and basement friends? )
If you were in Eric's situation, do you think you could handle having your best friend around all the time? Or would it completely ruin the friendship?