Blog | jenna
- Posted on 07/20/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET.
It's Anya's party and she'll hook up with Owen if she wants to.
ANYA! What? Why? Him? Really? Are you sure? You can't be sure. You're not sure. Right? You're just reeling from Dr. Chris. (Yet another Degrassi love lost to Africa! Forsooth!)
How do you guys think Anya will be feeling about this tomorrow? How do YOU feel about it right now?
Also: I love both Fiona and Holly J, but I felt so bad for Connor when they were giggling about him at Anya's party. I just want him to be happy... and to stop openly staring at girls' boobs.
And what do you think of KC's new job? What percent do you think he's doing it for Jenna and baby Ty, and what percent for himself and freedom?
- Posted on 07/19/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW! Watch the ep before reading... it'll be online some time tonight.
Without taking sides in the great E-Clare v Cake Debate of 2011 (well... except to say that I really want to have a serious sit-down talk with anyone who thinks a life-threatening stunt is "romantic")... now that you've met Jake, what do you think? I am personally a big fan of his low-drama vibe. And I like that rather than staring goggle-eyed at Clare when she had her petite tantrum, he "saved" her -- and made me laugh at the same time.
Also, how satisfying was Clare's rant at Above the Dot?! "IT TOOK YOU A YEAR... A YEAR TO GET OVER YOUR EX!" Not saying I've ever freaked out quiiiite like that in public at an ex before buuut... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's said some version of Clare's lines into my tear-stained pillow after a brutal break-up. I'm glad Clare took one for Team Frustrated Girls Everywhere and just said it all out loud.
What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done in the throes of heartbreak?
And how about KC and Jenna? Couldn't help but feel a little "GO JENNA" when she showed up and handed Tyson to KC. Dude is a little tone-deaf about how much of Jenna's life is completely on hold while he goes to school every day.
- Posted on 04/16/2011 by Mary
"This isn't about cravings and playlists, KC. This is REAL!"
Do you think Jenna was right to go off on KC, or is she being too hard on him?
- Posted on 03/11/2011 by Mary
THERE ARE SPOILERS DOWN THERE! DON'T LOOK until you've watched the full episode here. Once yr caught up... we need to talk RIGHT NOW.
1) Critical line from Fitz tonight: "What I did was wrong, and I've changed. Eli never will and you know that." I have several questions:
a) Will Eli ever change (as in get over his temper, his grudge-holding, his pessimism about human nature)?
b) Should Eli ever change? Is he perfect as is or does he have some things to work on? In your opinion?
c) Has Fitz changed? Do you buy his conversion? Would you date him, or be cool with a friend of yours dating him?
2) Do you think religion is something that a couple (like Eli and Clare) can agree to disagree about, or is it the kind of thing you NEED to be on the same wavelength about?
3) Do you guys think Jenna and KC will make good parents? Which Teen Mom couple do you think they'd be most like?
4) Does Sav get his "Good Big Brother" badge back yet? You guys... I'm really scared for Alli. She's in such a vulnerable emotional state, not to mention being physically vulnerable out there... so many people might try to take advantage of her. It's stressing me out.
- Posted on 03/06/2011 by Mary
Remember that time Bianca tried to be nice on Degrassi?
Welcome to TV Philosophy 101. Today's discussion topic:
Would you want to watch a show where you didn't hate any of the characters?
I was just noticing comments like these on the Degrassi board...
"I don't like [Bianca] AT ALL!!!! ...I can't stand her. And it's because of what happened with Drew in the boiler room. I don't even get why they have her on the show. She doesn't seem like a really big character other than her and Drew going out right now. I just don't get why they have to have her." - caitybug66 in this thread
"I'm not going to list everything that I dislike about [Jenna] because then I'd be typing for hours, but I hate that she was so judgmental towards Bianca. I would have to say Degrassi would do so much better without her." - nat in this thread
I can definitely see how like, hating a character means every time they show up on screen your blood curdles and you want to throw things and then that's not a pleasant experience... but then I can also see how a show about a high school where you liked everyone would be pretty snoozy. But then again, maybe there would still be plenty of conflict just from the trials and tribulations people go through...
I don't know, do you wish your most hated characters would just disappear, or do you think they give a certain flavor/realism/je ne sais quoi to the shows you love?
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY FOR DEGRASSI LAGGERS. Click here to watch the full episode if you missed it, and then let's have a little chat shall we?
Eli Goldsworthy, Fitz's number one fan, on Degrassi: In Too Deep "Jesus, Etc., pt. 1"
1) So. Was Clare right to accept Fitz' apology? And... was she right to chastise Eli ("That's all you can say?") when he didn't accept Fitz' apology?
2) "As your boyfriend my job is to protect you." - Eli. Hmm... true or false? Whose job is it -- if anyone's -- to protect whom in a relationship?
3) "The day I met drew is the day this all started." - Alli. Again, hmm... true or false? Well, actually Sav already pointed out that it's false -- Drew didn't exactly tell Alli to send those pics to DiMarco, frintance. BUT, that said... what percentage of Alli's Life Problems do you think are directly or indirectly Drew's fault? If she had never met Drew, what do you think her life would be like today?
4) "Who's on bass, Valdemort?" - Alli. Haha. What would you have done in Sav's position? How much should Drew and Alli's past weigh in to his decision?
4b) Also, if you were Sav, and Drew was off the table as a possibility for drummers... would you have picked:
- "I'M GONNA ROCK" guy. (Was that who Sav meant by "the heavy metal dude"?)
- the bang bang bang bang bangbangbang bangbangbang girl
- stick-dropping bandana guy or
- the beat boxer
5) So, Jenna is approximately a bajillion months pregnant. At this point... perhaps whipping out a skateboard was a touch idiotic but, is KC right that they need to be squeezing out every last bit of pre-baby fun before their lives change forever? Or... has that ship already sailed, and their lives have already changed forever whether he likes it or not?
- Posted on 02/25/2011 by Mary
DON'T LET ME SPOIL YOUR DEGRASSI! I couldn't live with myself!
Click here to watch Degrassi: In Too Deep, "The Way We Get By, pt. 2" online in HD first. Then let's talk:
Riley Stavros on Degrassi: In Too Deep
1) Wow. The Stavros' reaction to Riley being gay is intense. And doesn't it shed SO MUCH light on why he had such a hard time accepting himself? The way his mom just wanted to straight up pretend this wasn't happening... it's exactly what Riley did for so long, isn't it? Thank God for Zane -- he had a good point that Riley's come a long way. Here's hoping he's right that Riley's parents will, too.
2) Bianca v Jenna. So interesting how comfortable and righteous Jenna feels in that judgy seat. I know for some of you this is like choosing between Satan and Other Satan, but... if you absolutely HAD to pick one to be friends with... who would it be?
3) When your friends hate your bf/gf. I guess in this instance, the friends are pretty right about the girlfriend being a problem. If your friends were openly anti-your-bf/gf, would it make you wonder about the bf/gf, or the friends?
4) Bianca. She said a line this week that I found endlessly fascinating:
"I'm not your judgy friends. So are you coming? Unless you have a better offer..."
- On the one hand, her lack of judginess IS refreshing. And she really did seem to be trying to be nice at the Dot, didn't she? Do you think Bianca's tough exterior guards a soft and chewy center?
- But... what does it say about her that she let Drew's demeaning rant roll off her back? And the "unless you have a better offer" thing... it's such a self-deprecating thing to say, when you think about it. 'I know I'm not much but, it's not like you can do any better,' basically.
I'm thinking Bianca really could have benefitted from that mandated self-esteem seminar. Even though that whole thing was still totally sexist. 'Cause, please... where was Drew's self-esteem seminar?
5) Ooh... DOES Drew really need a self-esteem seminar? His trouble with his grades; his self-destructive choices; the way he seems to really need the attention of girls to feel important... I'm seeing a pattern. Thoughts?
- Posted on 02/18/2011 by Mary
If you didn't watch the new Degrassi: In Too Deep episode, go watch it now so we can process our feelings together.
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'RE ALL CAUGHT UP ON TONIGHT'S EP.
OK. Let's process.
* Drianca? Brew? First of all what should Drew and Bianca's couple name be, but second of all: should they even be a couple? I guess one good thing is that she'll never let him walk all over her... and I don't know, ever since Bianca said she might want to be a jewelry maker in that self esteem seminar... I've kind of been like, "maybe she's human?" What's your take?
* ZILEY!. Eek. How bad do you think this is going to be in the Stavros household?
* "Sometimes being a good boyfriend means doing things that suck." Ain't it the truth -- and sometimes being a good girlfriend means doing things that suck, too. What are your personal limits -- how much would you be willing to compromise on activities you find boring or scary or lame, if it mattered to your bf/gf?
* Also, dig the haircut, Riley. Nice work, Anya.
* Is it me, or is Jenna the judgiest pregnant teen ever? Or do you feel like she has a right to judge Bianca, just because Bianca is so completely beyond the pale?
* This Malaika girl. I'm pretty sure I don't trust her. Why can't Alli find a nice Clare-type at the Beechwood Private Preparatory School for Young Ladies?
- Posted on 02/17/2011 by Lisa
If you just can't wait any longer for new Degrassi, here's a sneak peek at the first scene of The Way We Get By, pt. 1.
I kinda-sorta feel sorry for Drew, but that doesn't mean I'd set him up with one of my friends. Would you?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 12/25/2010 by Mary
We at TeenNick wish you Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Happily Ever After Your Whole Life Long!
And, good news! We picked your names out of the Secret Santa hat, so here's your prezzie... a new Degrassi poster! It looks like this:
This way you can print those out and put 'em together to make your very own Deg-oration. Oh my God, I just said Deg-oration, clearly I need to stop working and go to Australia. Have a GREAT holiday, enjoy your winter break, I hope it snows only exactly as much as you want it to, and I hope all of your wishes come true forever. Unless you make bad wishes.
Enjoy your new poster!