Blog | jenna
- Posted on 07/29/2010 by Mary
So... do you like KC's mom? And how about Jenna as a girlfriend... do you think she's a decent girlfriend, rr are you still just thinking "boyfriend stealer!" every time you look at her?
Anyway, looks like something interesting goes down between Jenna and Bianca next week...
- Posted on 07/23/2010 by Mary
Wait can we talk about Clare's most badassest moment evar from tonight's Degrassi? First, let's relive the magic by watching it again, and again, and again.
Now. How badass was that? Let me count the ways:
1) My hand to God, when she said "Neither am I Jenna...", I thought she was gonna say "Jackass." But not Clare! Clare is too classy for that! That is how badass she is... she told someone off thoroughly without using ANY BAD WORDS!
2) "If I wanted KC back, I wouldn't need fake boobs to get him." Ooooooooh, burn Jenna!
3) "They can think what they want." DEAR WORLD: CLARE EDWARDS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO PROVE TO ANYONE. TEAM CLARE! TEAM CLARE!
- Posted on 07/22/2010 by Mary
Poor Holly J! Boyfriend in another country; Yale pulled out from under her; and now she loses the presidency? Well, perhaps she's taking some comfort in the fact that she seems to have won the election in the comments yesterday...
Anyway. JENNA, anyone? 'Cause, don't get me started.
Oh and as for tomorrow night's brand new episode (can you believe this is really happening? We REALLY are getting this many new episodes??)...
Guess who you're gonna meeeeet....
- Posted on 05/21/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOOOOOOOOOW if you haven't watched the Degrassi season finale yet but everyone else... let's bond.
1) Yo. This might have been hormonal but... I cried. Every time Declan and Holly J looked at each other and you could tell how much they genuinely love each other... I died inside. I love love. Anyone else a sop like me?
2) Also, score one for Holly J for teaching us all what a little patience and flexibility can do in a relationship -- I totally thought this was headed in a "Holly J is going to get her heart trampled" direction and instead, it was "Holly J is going to get what she wants by being tender, instead of being a hard-ass." What did you think was going to happen?
3) How much would it freak you out if your bf/gf had to kiss someone else for a play? 'Cause I feel like it wouldn't bother me in the slightest, but maybe that's 'cause I've never had to actually see it happen.
4) How many "L bombs" have you dropped -- in a relationship situation, not a friends one. And how did it go?
5) Regardless of how you feel about Jenna, you gotta admit she can sing, right?
6) Dude. Chantay probably did already have the germs. That's what I was thinking too!
7) Uhh... did anyone see that Shark in the Water video? The carnival? With all the Degrassi people? Interesting.
- Posted on 04/16/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW... but if you saw the latest Degrassi episode, let's dish.
1) It just occurred to me: Jenna's only real friends were Alli and Clare who basically hate her now; and K.C. barely has friends either. They are marooned on relationship island, and is it me or is it already tense on like, day 2? What' s going to happen with them?
2) Fiona has issues. What was with that licking the coffee cup?
3) Though, I did go "Aww" when Declan said "When you're not happy, I'm not happy." Are you that close to your brother(s) or sister(s)?
4) Alli seems to want Clare to be more mad at K.C. than Clare actually is. She looked like she kinda wanted to be there for him when she realized he was going through such a hard time. Is that just the heartbreak talking, or do you think they can be real friends after what happened?
- Posted on 04/14/2010 by Mary
There's a pretty interesting Degrassi debate going on right now:
"ughh!! I HATE JENNA! shes a sluut!" -icegirl111
"I wouldn't say she's a slut, I'd say she's a homewrecker." - Sner2000
"isnt a homewrecker a slut?" - junior08A
"Uh no. Slut = has multiple partners. Homewrecker = Someone who intentionally ruins peoples relationships. I don't think she's either. Maybe she could be considered a homewrecker, but I think she genuinely liked KC." - ispinnerrr
My personal contribution to the debate is fourfold.
1) While I personally agree with ispinnerrr that the term "slut" is usually used to mean "promiscuous female", and that I can very easily picture a "homewrecker" who is not promiscuous...
2) I'm not sure that "genuinely liking" the boyfriend you steal makes it not a homewrecker situation. What do you guys think?
3) Also, I feel the overwhelming urge to quote Tina Fey in Mean Girls: "You all have got to stop calling each other sluts.... It just makes it ok for guys to call you sluts." Especially since people don't tend to call promiscuous guys "sluts", and definitely not with the same venom they reserve for promiscuous girls -- the ol' double standard. Which brings to mind...
4) A question: can guys be "homewreckers", too? Would anyone call a guy who stole someone's bf/gf a "homewrecker"? I've never heard it done, but maybe you have? Or maybe you have another pet term for a guy who steals someone's bf/gf?
- Posted on 04/09/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW for those who haven't watched the episode yet, so skip this until you've seen it.
Everyone else, let's talk about Jenna behind her back:
1) Show of hands... do you think Jenna and K.C. make a better couple than Clare and K.C.? And what should we call them... Kenna? J.C.?
2) So, do you think Jenna stole K.C., or that he and Clare were going to break up anyway, or what? Where, if anywhere, do you think Jenna crossed the line?
3) And should Clare be more mad at K.C. or Jenna?
4) Dude. That coach creeps me out in the biggest possible way. What the hell.
5) Poor Marco. Would you be scared to teach a high school class? Or do you think it would be fun?
6) Hey Jenna. Your buttcrack's showing.
- Posted on 04/03/2010 by Lisa
"Chantay Black is the fakest friend!" - realluve's thread
Chantay gossips about pretty much everyone; she accuses Manny of being racist, she teams up with Darcy to keep Mia off the spirit squad, and then later be friends Mia when she starts becoming famous; she tells Leia to break up with Danny because she wants him for herself. Huffalump1 says, "Chantay is seriously backstabby and hypocritical."
"Jenna's such a fake friend!" - icegirl111's thread
Jenna flirts with K.C. after saying "Don't worry Clare-bear, I won't even look at him." OoBelle thinks Jenna's a backstabber who's been "trying to steal him since the moment she saw him."
Which of these girls would you LEAST want to be friends with?
- Posted on 03/06/2010 by Lisa
sunsoaker3 got a big debate started on the message boards. She says, "Spinner is way too old to still be chillin around the high school crowd."
Some of the people posting seem to agree:
"I know I definitely think he should hang around with a crowd that's more his age." - krisl
"I think its quite sad that Spinner hasn't moved along like everyone else. Darcy left for Africa, Manny and Emma are in college, Paige and them are fully grown adults with their own lives and successes. Everyone is gone and I feel Spinner will be there in Toronto forever, even after Peter and them leave." - tweenkid
But others are sticking up for Spin:
"Well, he is dating a girl in high school, his band is still in high school, his best friend moved far away right after graduation, and he runs the Dot. What is supposed to do? Give up on everything and everyone he loves because they are all younger?" - jsi959
"I think you all must be forgetting that not everyone moves away after school. Not everyone goes off to college/joins a band/goes to Africa/etc. Spinner's situation is common, to be honest. I graduated in 07 and I haven't left my hometown. If all of your friends move away to do whatever it is that they're movin away to do, you'll eventually make new friends." - MrLWeegee
I didn't have anyone like Spinner around when I was in high school, but I sort of wish I had. It makes me wonder how many people are in that situation.
If you're in high school, are any of your good friends a few years older than you?
If you've graduated already, do you have any friends who are still in high school?
- Posted on 03/04/2010 by Mary
When your friend wants to get back together with the guy who fwded her naked pics and lied about being a virgin but she still loves him and he maybe still loves her and it's all very confusing and she wants advice (tonight, Degrassi, 10p et), are you the Clare friend, or the Jenna friend?
As in, are you the one who gives the reality checks and solid advice and tries to keep your friends out of trouble, but sometimes might come off as judgy?
Or the one who cheerleads for romantic ideals and experimenting with life and not being judgy, but sometimes maybe fails to avoid trouble?
Or somethin' else entirely?
Judge yourself in the comments...