Blog | kc
- Posted on 08/18/2011 by Mary
SPOILERSSSSSSSS BENEATH. LOOK OUT. Watch "Extraordinary Machine, pt. 2" before reading.
The vast majority of people in our 'Does Eli have a shot?' Facebook poll yesterday said that while Clare isn't 100% over her feelings for Eli, she's definitely done dating him. And based on tonight's ep (and on E!'s interview with Aislinn Paul), that sounds about right to me.
I'm curious what the hardcore "no retreat, no surrender!" E-Clare shippers out there are feeling after this episode. Those final moments -- Clare putting a stamp of finality on things ("I'm just glad... he and I can go our separate ways."), followed by Clare making the following face:
Eli and Clare can "go their separate ways" now. What would you call this emotion? Uncertainty? Peace? Regret? Wist?
... followed by Eli walking out of Degrassi feeling like he now finally has a shot at getting his life back under control, while Clare watches silently:
Eli, finally ready to move on. What's Clare feeling here?
Holy poignancy! Did any of the hardcore E-Clare fans get any sense of closure out of tonight's ep? Let us know in the comments...
Oh, and speaking of poignant. Oh my God. Jenna and KC watching Tyson get carried out of their lives? That was the worst. I know I wasn't the only one doing the ugly cry watching that scene. And Jenna just looked numb. I'm sure she has yet to really fully process her emotions about it, even if she feels sure they made the right decision. (Makes you think about what Holly J's birth mom went through when she gave her up -- wasn't Holly J eleven months old, too?)
What's crazy is: that scene destroyed me, and yet it can't even hold a candle to the true level of sadness that moment would rise to in real life.
It's especially hard because they had no happy options left. Raise Tyson, constantly struggling... to complete high school (if Jenna could ever really make it back at all), to make enough money to live on, to find any time to take care of their own needs (such as for instance, "having any fun")? Or give up Tyson, and break their own hearts to tiny, sad, little pieces in the process.
The only happy options they ever had existed before they ever got pregnant. They could have held off on sex, or they could have used protection every single time.
Jenna and KC bawl after saying goodbye to Tyson
- Posted on 08/11/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW; wait until you've seen Lose Yourself, pt. 2 to scroll down.
Just because Jenna hasn't had it hard enough lately, she gets dealt yet another blow: finding out that KC has been out cheating on her with Marisol while she attends to the never-ending, all-consuming needs of their baby.
"We're struggling, we're hurting each other, and you're never here." - Jenna to KC
It looks like being overwhelmed, depressed, and now totally betrayed have pushed Jenna to consider what she was unwilling to before: maybe Tyson would be better off with adoptive parents. And come to think of it, it's interesting that K.C. was so resistant when Jenna brought up the possibility.
Why do you think KC wants to "make this work" so badly, when he doesn't actually want to be there to parent Tyson, and he's cheating on Jenna anyway? Does "making it work" come at a different price to him than it does to Jenna?
I doubt that KC is proud of himself, and the situation Jenna's in right now is so unbelievably stressful and painful, it seems like it has to be rare and extraordinary. But really, everything about what Jenna and KC are going through is a pretty predictable outcome for them. Since they were having sex but chose not to think about birth control, a pregnancy was basically inevitable -- sexually active teens who don't use protection have an 85% chance of pregnancy within a year*.
And since eight out of ten fathers don't marry the teen mothers of their babies*, their break-up is just as inevitable.
But that doesn't make it any less sad.
How do you guys feel about Jenna's decision to consider adoption?
[* Stats according to StayTeen]
- Posted on 07/22/2011 by Mary
DREW AND BIANCA: It took some pretty extraordinary circumstances to do them in, but now it appears that Drianca are over. I talked to Luke Bilyk and Alicia Josipovic about the break-up, and they were as bummed as some of you guys out there about it:
Alicia: We were SO UPSET.
Luke: After we did that scene, we were like, "So, Stefan. We're getting back together, right?"... It was really rude of Drew to do that, especially after all that Bianca's done for Drew.
What do you think... was Drew rude? And do you think they'll get back together?
KC AND JENNA: So, Jenna's stuck in a pile of poo-protectors while KC gets to go to school -- and now a job -- with friends. How do you think things will go for them long term? Will Kenna figure it out and stay together until baby Tyson is old and gray?
ANYA AND OWEN: After a rough week, Anya is going for a sure thing. Do you think the fact that Owen is so into her will be good for her self-esteem? Or will he find some way to make things even worse?
ANNND CAKE. The mighty mighty Lumberjake has ambled into our lives, eaten Mrs. Edwards' food, and kissed Clare just to shut her up. Do you think he really is as "low drama" as he seems?
NEXT WEEK: We meet Imogen! And Katie! Plus some Ziley story, and two of my favorite eps from all of Now or Never.
And don't forget -- the Degrassi mobile game has already had its first update (and I officially suck at Degrassi skee ball... but I'm really good at making Eli like me.) It's only $0.99 in the app store at iTunes - just search for Degrassi.
- Posted on 07/20/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET.
It's Anya's party and she'll hook up with Owen if she wants to.
ANYA! What? Why? Him? Really? Are you sure? You can't be sure. You're not sure. Right? You're just reeling from Dr. Chris. (Yet another Degrassi love lost to Africa! Forsooth!)
How do you guys think Anya will be feeling about this tomorrow? How do YOU feel about it right now?
Also: I love both Fiona and Holly J, but I felt so bad for Connor when they were giggling about him at Anya's party. I just want him to be happy... and to stop openly staring at girls' boobs.
And what do you think of KC's new job? What percent do you think he's doing it for Jenna and baby Ty, and what percent for himself and freedom?
- Posted on 07/19/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW! Watch the ep before reading... it'll be online some time tonight.
Without taking sides in the great E-Clare v Cake Debate of 2011 (well... except to say that I really want to have a serious sit-down talk with anyone who thinks a life-threatening stunt is "romantic")... now that you've met Jake, what do you think? I am personally a big fan of his low-drama vibe. And I like that rather than staring goggle-eyed at Clare when she had her petite tantrum, he "saved" her -- and made me laugh at the same time.
Also, how satisfying was Clare's rant at Above the Dot?! "IT TOOK YOU A YEAR... A YEAR TO GET OVER YOUR EX!" Not saying I've ever freaked out quiiiite like that in public at an ex before buuut... I'm sure I'm not the only one who's said some version of Clare's lines into my tear-stained pillow after a brutal break-up. I'm glad Clare took one for Team Frustrated Girls Everywhere and just said it all out loud.
What's the most embarrassing thing you've ever done in the throes of heartbreak?
And how about KC and Jenna? Couldn't help but feel a little "GO JENNA" when she showed up and handed Tyson to KC. Dude is a little tone-deaf about how much of Jenna's life is completely on hold while he goes to school every day.
- Posted on 04/16/2011 by Mary
"This isn't about cravings and playlists, KC. This is REAL!"
Do you think Jenna was right to go off on KC, or is she being too hard on him?
- Posted on 03/11/2011 by Mary
THERE ARE SPOILERS DOWN THERE! DON'T LOOK until you've watched the full episode here. Once yr caught up... we need to talk RIGHT NOW.
1) Critical line from Fitz tonight: "What I did was wrong, and I've changed. Eli never will and you know that." I have several questions:
a) Will Eli ever change (as in get over his temper, his grudge-holding, his pessimism about human nature)?
b) Should Eli ever change? Is he perfect as is or does he have some things to work on? In your opinion?
c) Has Fitz changed? Do you buy his conversion? Would you date him, or be cool with a friend of yours dating him?
2) Do you think religion is something that a couple (like Eli and Clare) can agree to disagree about, or is it the kind of thing you NEED to be on the same wavelength about?
3) Do you guys think Jenna and KC will make good parents? Which Teen Mom couple do you think they'd be most like?
4) Does Sav get his "Good Big Brother" badge back yet? You guys... I'm really scared for Alli. She's in such a vulnerable emotional state, not to mention being physically vulnerable out there... so many people might try to take advantage of her. It's stressing me out.
- Posted on 03/04/2011 by Mary
SPOILERS AHOY FOR DEGRASSI LAGGERS. Click here to watch the full episode if you missed it, and then let's have a little chat shall we?
Eli Goldsworthy, Fitz's number one fan, on Degrassi: In Too Deep "Jesus, Etc., pt. 1"
1) So. Was Clare right to accept Fitz' apology? And... was she right to chastise Eli ("That's all you can say?") when he didn't accept Fitz' apology?
2) "As your boyfriend my job is to protect you." - Eli. Hmm... true or false? Whose job is it -- if anyone's -- to protect whom in a relationship?
3) "The day I met drew is the day this all started." - Alli. Again, hmm... true or false? Well, actually Sav already pointed out that it's false -- Drew didn't exactly tell Alli to send those pics to DiMarco, frintance. BUT, that said... what percentage of Alli's Life Problems do you think are directly or indirectly Drew's fault? If she had never met Drew, what do you think her life would be like today?
4) "Who's on bass, Valdemort?" - Alli. Haha. What would you have done in Sav's position? How much should Drew and Alli's past weigh in to his decision?
4b) Also, if you were Sav, and Drew was off the table as a possibility for drummers... would you have picked:
- "I'M GONNA ROCK" guy. (Was that who Sav meant by "the heavy metal dude"?)
- the bang bang bang bang bangbangbang bangbangbang girl
- stick-dropping bandana guy or
- the beat boxer
5) So, Jenna is approximately a bajillion months pregnant. At this point... perhaps whipping out a skateboard was a touch idiotic but, is KC right that they need to be squeezing out every last bit of pre-baby fun before their lives change forever? Or... has that ship already sailed, and their lives have already changed forever whether he likes it or not?
- Posted on 02/17/2011 by Lisa
If you just can't wait any longer for new Degrassi, here's a sneak peek at the first scene of The Way We Get By, pt. 1.
I kinda-sorta feel sorry for Drew, but that doesn't mean I'd set him up with one of my friends. Would you?
Watch the rest, FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9pm ET!
- Posted on 12/25/2010 by Mary
We at TeenNick wish you Happy Holidays, Happy New Year and Happily Ever After Your Whole Life Long!
And, good news! We picked your names out of the Secret Santa hat, so here's your prezzie... a new Degrassi poster! It looks like this:
This way you can print those out and put 'em together to make your very own Deg-oration. Oh my God, I just said Deg-oration, clearly I need to stop working and go to Australia. Have a GREAT holiday, enjoy your winter break, I hope it snows only exactly as much as you want it to, and I hope all of your wishes come true forever. Unless you make bad wishes.
Enjoy your new poster!