Blog | love
- Posted on 04/02/2011 by Mary
So... I can't quite get a handle on Maggie. On the one hand, she's done some pretty conniving things (this one kind of taking the cake). But on the other hand, she's bizarrely super honest about it when pressed. I guess it's that she truly believes that she HAS to do these things in order to succeed.
Telling Walt that she slept with him for the right reasons and the wrong ones was particularly forthcoming. It kind of makes you wonder -- is there anyone on earth who would sleep with Walt without having sooome little hint of the wrong reasons? Basically... probably only another child of an A-list star, or someone famous in their own right. But it can't be that those are the only people on the planet he could find love with... don't you think? Maybe sometimes, the wrong reasons are there in the beginning, but then they disappear? I don't know. In any case, I am reminded that I do not envy the scions of Hollywood royalty having to navigate that emotional landscape.
- Posted on 03/26/2011 by Mary
Yeah... I'll admit it. That looks like fun.
Let's all keep in mind that this is the face making up one half of that scene, too. Yeah.
Ryan Rottman, aka Joey on Gigantic, aka yeah.
- Posted on 03/12/2011 by Mary
Hands up, who here can relate with Piper's Gigantic dilemma with Peter: "Let's limit the romantic gestures... I want it to mean more."
Piper and Peter on TeenNick's Gigantic
Are you the kind of person who can't get enough of romantic gestures? The more sweet texts and red roses and teddy bears the better?
Or do you prefer romance in small, meaningful doses?
Orrrr... does it depend on who's doling out the romance?
- Posted on 02/14/2011 by Lisa
Here's a romantic topic for debate, since it is Valentine's Day and all. Do you believe two people can fall in love right away -- from the very first moment they meet?
For example: Alli and Drew. They felt an instant attraction, but was it love, or were they just hot for each other?
What about Eli and Clare? Did Eli step out of his hearse and right into Clare's heart? They definitely felt *something* when he picked up her broken glasses and told her he had pretty eyes... but it's tough to say if it was love.
Do you think it's possible to love someone before you know anything about what they're like as a person?
Maybe humans have love instincts and we can sense whether someone is right for us. But even if we DO feel an instant connection -- does it mean anything? Or is love more meaningful if it develops over time?
Has anyone out there experienced love at first sight? If not, what's the closest you've been?
This post is sponsored by Beastly, in theaters March 4th (PG-13).
- Posted on 02/14/2011 by Mary
Happy Valentine's Day!
We've got one more Degrassi V-Day mini to share...
So looks like so far:
Fiona says love is transforming, like Dior.
Adam says love is intense.
Anya says love is not being able to focus in class.
And Dave says love is a game.
You can watch all four Degrassi Valentine's Day minis here. Which Degrassian do you think is the most right about love?
Happy Valentine's Day to you... we hope cupid gives you a high five today!
- Posted on 02/13/2011 by Mary
I'm sure we can all relate with being 1000% distracted at school when we're in crush mode.
Have anyone's name doodled in the margins of your notebooks? Make a Valentine's Day Eve Wish in the comments; no last names and hey, you can star out their first name if you're not ready to go public.
May all your Valentine's Day Eve Wishes come true!
- Posted on 02/12/2011 by Mary
Aww, it's Adam before he knew that he and Fiona were going to end up with their faces mashed together on her couch! So hopeful... and so has no idea what he's in store for.
- Posted on 02/11/2011 by Mary
If you haven't watched the hour long premiere of Degrassi: In Too Deep.... one, what's wrong with you, and two, thank heavens you can watch the whole thing in HD on this site. What would you do without us?
SPOILERS BELOW UNLESS YOU'VE WATCHED MMKAY?
* FADAM! Orrr... not? What do you think of them as a couple? How angry do you think Fiona is about the whole intervention thing? How much better does he look in Declan's clothes than he did in the baggy stuff?
* Dr. Chris and Anya. Hrm. He's into LARPing! And Renaissance Faire! Match made in heaven. And also he's finished med school while she's not even out of high school. What do you think the prognosis is for their future? Does it creep you out that he's going to wait for her to be 18, or do you think it shows some dignity and respectability?
* Dave and Sadie. Aww, Dave! She's adorbs! We're so glad Dave finally met a girl and didn't completely permanently screw it up. What are your thoughts on taller girl/shorter guy couplings? (We here in TeenNick blog land are 100% pro, for what its worth.)
* "Everyone knows the rule is half your age plus seven." What are your personal limits for how much younger or older of a person you'd consider dating?
* "She'd kill me for giving this to you, but after all you've done..." Holly J!! You can't just go around handing out pages from people's journals to other people! Why were you even reading Fiona's journal in the first place?! Still... I'm glad Adam got to read that.
- Posted on 02/11/2011 by Mary
We like you. Will you be our Valentine? Wait, before you answer... what if we gave you some sweet, exclusive "Love Is..." Degrassi minis?
Here's Fiona filling in the blanks after Love Is...
GIGGLE! Can't wait to see tonight's Degrassi: In Too Deep premiere... maybe Adam can beat Fiona's Dior dress?
What's love to YOU? Tell us in the comments!
- Posted on 02/08/2011 by Lisa
I posted a new quiz today -- Who's Your Degrassi Valentine? -- and I love the little Valentine results SO MUCH that I'm going to post them all right here:
Feel free to share these Valentines with your online love interests. And don't forget: We posted a bunch of printable Degrassi Valentines last week. :)