Blog | love
- Posted on 11/05/2010 by Mary
SPOILLLLLLLARRRSSS inside so don't click 'til you've watched the ep here it is if you need it.) Everyone who's all watched up... let's talk:
* You know, Drew definitely did not do right by Alli at Vegas night, but... I've got to hand it to him for being a pretty great brother. I remember when he first came on and was giving Riley static, it seemed like he was going to be a certain kind of dude, but I guess we know now that he's definitely more complex than that. What's your take on him?
* When you think about what really had to be going on in Eli's room -- I mean, when someone's a hoarder, it's not just piles of paper and clothes we're talking about, it's like... food wrappers -- could you be as awesome a gf/bf as Clare was to him? I feel like she showed him some seriously mature amounts of unconditional love in this episode, and it warmed my fuzzies. Was anyone out there too grossed out to get over it?
* Wesley is a nice, nice person. Wesley... you are REALLY nice. Do you guys think Dave deserves the niceness Wes showed him tonight? Would you have been Wes-like in those circumstances?
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW; watch the ep now if you haven't already. Then let's talk....
1) It was so hard to watch Clare ask questions like "Why do I have to suffer because they fell out of love?" -- questions that really just don't have any good answer. Did anyone out there with divorced parents feel pangs of recognition watching Clare go through this? What would you tell her if you could talk to her right now?
2) So very pleased to meet you, Bullfrog and Cece! Are Eli's parents anything like you expected? Also, would you freak out if you found out your bf/gf's ex used to live with them? Like in their room?
3) Clare and Eli are very different... do you think they're different in good ways, or ways that will pull them apart at some point?
4) Wow. Adam and Fiona on the steps... that was definitely some bonding going on. Who do you think makes a better boyfriend for Fiona, Drew or Adam?
5) So, Dave and Wesley. On the one hand... dude, Dave and Alli have so much in common, it's really a wonder they didn't end up together. Why can't people appreciate the friends they have rather than wanting "cooler" ones? On the OTHER hand... you know, Dave has some interests that Wes doesn't. It seems natural that he'd want some other friends, too. I guess the problem is when he tries to replace one with the other, instead of having lots of friends. What did you think of the Dave/Wes dynamic tonight?
- Posted on 08/21/2010 by Mary
How long do you think they'll last?
Assuming you don't think they'll get married and die in each other's arms at ripe old ages, who do you think would dump who and why?
Do you think Drew makes a good boyfriend?
Do you think Alli makes a good girlfriend?
What do you think their couple name is?
Who would you pair each of them with, if not with each other?
And do you think Drew had braces, or his teeth are just naturally like that?
You know, I heard that those are Melinda Shankar's real eyelashes. They are really, truly that long and thick. So amazing.
OK bye have a good weekend.
Oh wait, PS, if you want to save a copy of those photobooth pics, you can click on 'em for a larger version. Enjoy.
- Posted on 08/18/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 07/29/2010 by Mary
Would you have said yes to Drew's no-movie, all-make-out-sesh proposal? On the one hand... where's the respect? The romance? The appreciation for all of Alli's lovely qualities? On the other hand... Drew probably gets away with this sort of request a lot.
Watch the scene again to help you make up your mind. (And btw, if anyone ever needs to blackmail Alli Bhandari, all they need to is send Mr. Bhandari that vid... or perhaps this pic of her grabbing Drew's butt.)
- Posted on 07/28/2010 by Mary
Alllmost k-i-s-s-i-n-g. Sigh.
Those two loooove each other. This is gonna be good.
Here, please enjoy this pic of Eli giving Clare his soft-eyed, "I totally and completely dig you" look that would make any girl's heart melt. Probably worth printing out and saving for this fall's locker. That crooked little smile... I die!
And, you can click it (or here) to watch video of Clare and Eli's fireworks go pshew pshew pshew all over again. (PS yes I know that fireworks go boom and not pshew but these are little fireworks! Little baby fireworks 'cause it's just the beginning!)
- Posted on 06/19/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 06/08/2010 by Mary
Remember that time on Degrassi that Liberty -- organized, conscientious Liberty -- kind of sort of kissed Emma's boyfriend Damien? Just goes to show that all kinds of people can find themselves tempted to do such things. So just in case you ever find yourself in that position, here are three good reasons...
Why Not To Kiss Your Friend's Boyfriend (Even If He's Amazing and Even If You and the Friend Sometimes Have Weird Underlying Competitive Tendencies) (And Please, Feel Free to Switch These Gendered Pronouns with Ones of Your Choosing)
1) Your friend will find out. They almost always find out. And you know what, even if they don't find out, that means you're faced with the unholy choice of either lying to your friend until the end of time, or confessing to her and reaping the well-deserved spite, loss of trust, and probable gossip.
2) It's not worth it. As for the two reasons you might think it'd be worth it:
a) Maybe you and the guy will end up together! BUT -- if you get together before he's officially and unequivocally ended things with his gf/your friend, you will never be able to trust him. You'll have watched him in the act of cheating and lying, and you'll know he's not just capable of it, he's kind of good at it. Sketchy.
b) Maybe you don't want to end up together -- you just want to have a meaningless make-out. Really, though? You're really willing to risk (or interfere with) a real friendship over a meaningless make-out? That's kind of depressing, when you think about it.
3) You'll be proud of yourself. You'll hold the moral high ground. And you'll be able to answer future paramour's questions of "have you ever cheated?" with a firm and honest No.
Have any reasons to add? Drop 'em in the comments.
- Posted on 06/02/2010 by Mary
There was a great Jiberty episode on today... well, great in the "to watch" sense -- not great in that they kind of broke up at the end, and Liberty was pregnant, and life was kind of sucking for them. (Hope that wasn't spoilers for anyone!)
I saw this photo in the Degrassi archives recently, and I saw that Jiberty showed up a bunch in people's "favorite couples" lists... so here ya go.
- Posted on 05/31/2010 by Lisa
Zoey 101: Spring Break-Up is supposed to be a fun little TV movie, but in my opinion, it's also a horrifying cautionary tale about the dangers of texting. Seriously.
I won't be too spoilery, in case you haven't seen it yet, but if you've ever watched Zoey 101, you know Chase is in love with Zoey. Everybody knows it -- except Zoey. In Spring Break-Up, Chase mentions his Zoey-love (and how he's not ready to tell her) in a text to a friend. BUT HOLY OMG NO... he accidentally sent that text to Zoey.
The thought of doing something like that absolutely terrifies me, so at that point in the movie I'm usually curled up in a ball, crying on the floor in front of my TV, because I feel so bad for Chase. (That might be a teensy bit of an exaggeration, but just barely.)
I've sent a few stupid emails in my life, but so far, I've never sent a painful, embarrassing text.
Have you? How'd you cope?