Blog | love
- Posted on 02/11/2011 by Mary
We like you. Will you be our Valentine? Wait, before you answer... what if we gave you some sweet, exclusive "Love Is..." Degrassi minis?
Here's Fiona filling in the blanks after Love Is...
GIGGLE! Can't wait to see tonight's Degrassi: In Too Deep premiere... maybe Adam can beat Fiona's Dior dress?
What's love to YOU? Tell us in the comments!
- Posted on 02/08/2011 by Lisa
I posted a new quiz today -- Who's Your Degrassi Valentine? -- and I love the little Valentine results SO MUCH that I'm going to post them all right here:
Feel free to share these Valentines with your online love interests. And don't forget: We posted a bunch of printable Degrassi Valentines last week. :)
- Posted on 02/03/2011 by Lisa
Check this out! Degrassi sent over a bunch of printable Valentines for us to share with the fans. Click on each image to get a printable PDF!
Use the back for your Degrassi-inspired love notes! (If your printer only prints on one side, just print the front first, then put the other side of the paper through to do the back. Easy-peasy.)
Drew's "I'm concerned about your status... as single." might be my favorite. Which ones do you like best?
- Posted on 01/26/2011 by Mary
Only 19 days left 'til Valentine's Day (and only 16days 'til Degrassi: In Too Deep premieres)! Let's take a behind-the-scenes look at some Degrassi's heartthrobs' romantic histories -- Mike Lobel's first kiss, Paula Brancati's very committed grade school valentine, and more:
Today's Degrassi: On the Set playlist has more goodies, too. Such as, Ellie, Marco, and Lauren's last day in "the college house" (and some behind the scenes footy from when Marco and Ellie kissed!); Ray "Sav" Ablack's special backstage intern's tour of Epitome (where Degrassi is made); everyone covered in blood; Shenae's last day; and a stack of other behind the scenes vids. Click here for the whole playlist!
- Posted on 11/09/2010 by Mary
Why did Joey feel like he had to lie to Anna about playing poker? Do you think Maggie was right -- the Moores are too intimidating? Do you think it was because of the reason he needs the money in the first place? Either way... is the trust just not there between those two?
StayTeen.org says trust is at the top of the list of what guys and girls both say is the most important part of a relationship -- and honesty is second. What's at the top of the "healthy relationship" list for you? And... what does that mean for A&J?
I was also kind of blown away when I saw on StayTeen that "almost 1 in 5 teens say they don't know anyone who serves as an example of a healthy relationship." Who are your healthy relationship heroes, and what do you like about their dynamic?
- Posted on 11/05/2010 by Mary
I have to say, I find this scene more romantic, warm, sweet, and loving than any kiss scene. It's just... it's one of THOSE hugs. One of those hugs when you know you just got really, truly closer to a person, by either really allowing yourself to be emotionally vulnerable to them, or by being there for someone who was vulnerable to you.
Have you ever had one of those hugs?
E-Clare's relationship makes me really, really happy.
- Posted on 11/05/2010 by Mary
SPOILLLLLLLARRRSSS inside so don't click 'til you've watched the ep here it is if you need it.) Everyone who's all watched up... let's talk:
* You know, Drew definitely did not do right by Alli at Vegas night, but... I've got to hand it to him for being a pretty great brother. I remember when he first came on and was giving Riley static, it seemed like he was going to be a certain kind of dude, but I guess we know now that he's definitely more complex than that. What's your take on him?
* When you think about what really had to be going on in Eli's room -- I mean, when someone's a hoarder, it's not just piles of paper and clothes we're talking about, it's like... food wrappers -- could you be as awesome a gf/bf as Clare was to him? I feel like she showed him some seriously mature amounts of unconditional love in this episode, and it warmed my fuzzies. Was anyone out there too grossed out to get over it?
* Wesley is a nice, nice person. Wesley... you are REALLY nice. Do you guys think Dave deserves the niceness Wes showed him tonight? Would you have been Wes-like in those circumstances?
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
1) I've seen people calling them Fadam, but what about Fionadam? Nah, I guess Fadam is better.
2) I know that when the episodes about Adam being transgender first aired, some of you had questions about whether that means he's straight or gay, so I just wanted to clear up: Adam is straight. He's a guy who likes girls. But, if you're wondering, there are also female-to-male transgender guys who are gay -- they like guys.
3) Do you think Fiona can handle Adam's different-ness? (I guess Fiona's got different-ness of her own, doesn't she? I guess we all do.)
- Posted on 10/29/2010 by Mary
SPOILERS BELOW; watch the ep now if you haven't already. Then let's talk....
1) It was so hard to watch Clare ask questions like "Why do I have to suffer because they fell out of love?" -- questions that really just don't have any good answer. Did anyone out there with divorced parents feel pangs of recognition watching Clare go through this? What would you tell her if you could talk to her right now?
2) So very pleased to meet you, Bullfrog and Cece! Are Eli's parents anything like you expected? Also, would you freak out if you found out your bf/gf's ex used to live with them? Like in their room?
3) Clare and Eli are very different... do you think they're different in good ways, or ways that will pull them apart at some point?
4) Wow. Adam and Fiona on the steps... that was definitely some bonding going on. Who do you think makes a better boyfriend for Fiona, Drew or Adam?
5) So, Dave and Wesley. On the one hand... dude, Dave and Alli have so much in common, it's really a wonder they didn't end up together. Why can't people appreciate the friends they have rather than wanting "cooler" ones? On the OTHER hand... you know, Dave has some interests that Wes doesn't. It seems natural that he'd want some other friends, too. I guess the problem is when he tries to replace one with the other, instead of having lots of friends. What did you think of the Dave/Wes dynamic tonight?
- Posted on 10/23/2010 by Mary
Ah, so THAT's why Joey was lurking around "visiting Walt" in that first scene on this Friday's Gigantic. He was just, you know, doing the sweetest thing ever for Anna.
Plus, I love how this scene conveys those rare, sweet, warm fuzzies you sometimes get on the phone with someone you care about. So nice nice. Gigantic is really good at phone calls.