Blog | moviesplosion
- Posted on 06/07/2010 by Lisa
Tonight's Movie-splosion movie is Drake & Josh: Really Big Shrimp. One of my favorite things about Drake & Josh is how Dan Schneider (the show's producer) uses the fact that Josh works at the Premiere movie theater to sneak little messages onto the show.
If you watch Drake & Josh closely during the scenes at the Premiere, pay attention to the movie names you see on posters and on theater signs, because they're usually funny. Near the beginning of Really Big Shrimp, there's a quick shot of the outside of the Premiere. Here's what you see:
The people who make the show could've just put random movie titles up there, but instead they used the marquee to include a few personal notes.
Thank You Molaro! - Steven Molaro was a writer on Drake & Josh. Now he works on The Big Bang Theory.
Four Great Seasons - What Drake & Josh had. : )
Lil' Lisa 22 - Dan Schneider's wife's name is Lisa Lillien, but I'm not sure what the 22 is.
February Fourth - I have no idea what this one means!
Robin & Joe - Robin Weiner and Joe Catania are two of the show's producers.
Now She's Carly - Aww, that one's easy! Before she became the star of iCarly, Miranda Cosgrove played Megan on Drake & Josh.
I love that! It makes me want to become a TV producer... the kind who pays attention to the details.
- Posted on 06/04/2010 by Lisa
That's my favorite quote from Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.
It's from the scene where Georgia and her friends are analyzing what it means when a cute guy says "See you later." Does it mean something special if he says it slowly?
I am totally the kind of person who could spend ages obsessing about the meaning of a quick comment from a cute guy. Does a slow "See you later" mean "I WANT to see you later!" or just... "See you around" ?
If somebody you like said "See you later" to you, kinda slowly, would you be excited? Neutral? Disappointed? I think I'd be psyched... I'm not exactly boy-lingual, but I've got a great imagination. : )
- Posted on 05/29/2010 by Mary
Moviesplosion month = many, many popcorns to eat. And with movies every night all month, I figure that gives everyone plenty of opportunities to get out of our salt 'n' butter ruts.
I just saw a couple of ideas for stuff to sprinkle in my popcorn bowl; I'm dying to try these out:
* Garlic powder +parmesan cheese -- and some people add chili powder in there, too.
* Powdered sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cocoa powder. (I bet some butter in there wouldn't suck, either. I mean it sounds like your fingers are already gonna get pretty messy, so might as well do it up.)
* Olive oil and nutritional yeast -- it's different from bread-making yeast. You can get it at health food stores; a lot of vegans eat it for the vitamins, protein, and nutrients. But it happens to taste good, too.
* A bag of M&Ms. Simple, yet genius.
What do you put on your popcorn? Share your ideas in the comments!