Blog | music
- Posted on 10/08/2010 by Mary
OK. I'm trying to get as much music info as I can get from all the episodes for you guys... Here are all the music cues I could find from tonight's Degrassi and Gigantic premieres. Hope they're helpy if you're looking for a particular song!
Sadly I didn't have enough time to figure out which scene each song is in -- but you could let each other know in the comments if you figure one out!
- "Welcome to L.A." by Official Hot Mess
- "C.L.U.B." by MNDR
- "Someday" by Quanteisha Benjamin
- "Independence" and "Dream Big" from our very own Jessica Tyler, aka Jenna.
- "Dreams Dissolve" by Catherine McLellan
- "Maybelline" by Zaac Pick
- "Stay" by Jesse Thomas off her Heartbreaker EP (She's hard to search for but I def. saw this song in iTunes -- that's her pic on the left.)
- "Girls Who Believe" by Meredith Shaw
- "Happiness" by Jaylene Johnson
- And since so many have asked... the song from the fall promo is "So Easy" by Gina Cutillo.
- Posted on 06/26/2010 by Lisa
Did you catch the video for Justin Bieber's "Somebody to Love" Remix with Usher on Obsess This?
No matter how you feel about Justin, you've got to admit the dancing in this video is pretty amazing. It includes a bunch of people you might've seen on America's Best Dance Crew, and their energy is infectious. (I love the part where Justin and some of the other dancers are stomping around in what looks like baby powder... it totally makes me want to throw some on the floor and dance in it.)
Have you seen it? What'd you think?
- Posted on 06/19/2010 by Mary
- Posted on 06/12/2010 by Mary
My top five favorite things about the new Aaron Fresh video:
1) The way he chomps on the girl's face all goofy at the very end.
2) The dancings.
3) The song.
4) Ok maybe this is weird, but I like that the video is about a dude working in fast food who has a crush on a girl. It's like the opposite of that T.I. video for "Whatever You Like" where the girl works at a fast food joint and big rich T.I. comes and rescues her buys her expensive stuff she doesn't need. I'd way rather hang out in a parking lot with my friends dancing, and then retire to a field of dandelions with someone who really liked me. Maybe that's just me though.
5) And, Aaron himself. The fact that he can sing and move and looks comfortable and at ease and seems really sweet and not gas-headed and like if you knew him in real life, you'd find yourself saying things like "couldn't happen to a nicer guy."
I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it. But Chairman Nick vouches for him, so prolly not.
What do you guys think of that song and video?
- Posted on 05/24/2010 by Mary
Iyaz's "Solo" video (click to watch!) on Obsess This this weekend made me want to bust out a sundress and go drink lemonade. Plus with next Monday being Memorial Day, I keep hearing the word "summer" get casually thrown around.
It's happening! Summer is actually going to happen this year! I dared not believe it! But now...so stoked.
So come on and tell the world: What's going on the first version of your Summer 2010 playlist?
- Posted on 05/01/2010 by Mary
Did you see our new Obsess This thingy? It was on at 10 am et today (like cartoons, but with Taylor Swift and Big Time Rush) and it's on again at noon et on Sunday (cereal + music + sleeping in = weekend gold). You can see the videos over here, too, if ya like.
Anyway, what with Justin Bieber's "Baby" being up there, I thought now was as good a time as any to have a Justin Bieber debate in the comments!
1) Are you a fan, or are you rolling your eyes right now?
2) Whether you'd buy his stuff or not... how talented do you think he is on a scale from 1 -10? One being "kind of like those first episodes of American Idol every season where they trot out the crazies" and 10 being "Basically Michael Jackson".
3) And... would you kick him out of your car if he asked for a ride home?
- Posted on 02/26/2010 by Lisa
Over on the message boards, Kyokugen22 asked "Anyone know the ending song that plays at the end of 'Love Games'?" I'm swinging my hand in the air wildly, because I totally know the answer. It's "We Are" by Tupelo Honey. Here's their MySpace.